Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,320 comments
Been considering getting a Switch for a while now. Got a good deal for one through Amazon's Prime Day bundled with Minecraft (Honestly I have little interest in Minecraft but I'm not going to pass up a free game). Also ordered Breath of the Wild and a screen protector.

images
images
images
images

Decided to pick up a stand as well.

61dapute6PL.jpg

Next purchase for it will probably be a memory card but that can wait a little while.

Last edited:
Right after No Quarter comes The Ocean, which is one of my Zeppelin favourites. 👍
I've been enjoying that one - the whole album is pretty amazing. Can't believe I didn't listen to any of this sort of music when I was younger.

I had to come back and just say I love this album so much :D I love The Ocean. It's like one of those songs you throw on in the morning for the commute.

Last edited:
Well, got quite a few CD's lately that I have been forgetting to post here. Nothing like expanding my country music library!

Got this promo release of Mud on the Tires by Brad Paisley a few weeks ago. It has a "NOT FOR SALE" sticker on the front and it has those words stamped on the disc as well and the barcode is hole punched. Music wise, I don't know what the difference is between this and the original, or if their even is a difference between the two, but I found it intriguing and considering it cost roughly the same price as every other one on Ebay, I thought it was worth checking out. I've always been a fan of him and some of the songs on there anyways, so I felt it was reasonable.
42F95001-EAFB-4173-938A-CA4DF58BC20D.jpeg
D393C9A5-B4FD-45D9-B137-88B4DF90796C.jpeg

Given my obsession for the record I bought earlier this year, the fact "Not Fade Away" has firmly cemented it's place among my list of favorite songs along with Tanya Tucker becoming an artist I favor right much as a result, I just had to buy the album for this because who knows what other hidden gems could be on there!

Interestingly, the version of "Not Fade Away" on this is roughly 30 seconds longer than what's on that record I bought earlier.
5A591758-5724-473A-9F70-C46E3DFBD4EA.jpeg
18AF74EF-D82F-4994-9692-5C3562E724C5.jpeg

This arrived just today. Been meaning to buy this one for a while now, but only recently got it. Quite a fan of some of the songs on here, namely "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore" and "We're Young and Beautiful" and while I didn't care for her early hits much in the past, they've really grown on me in recent years and with so many of them being on here and the album being sold for dirt cheap, I thought it was certainly worth buying.
A923999D-CBE0-4F23-B4E4-0F266AB44175.jpeg
82490412-7205-4BF1-97F7-1CDD4F86584F.jpeg

I got another CD coming sometime in late October or early November, can't wait until it gets here! :D

Last edited:
The GameCube collection is coming along. These have all come in over the past week from eBay.
20201019_224311.jpg

Yeah, they're multi-platform titles, but I figured I'd pick up the GCN versions because why not. R:Racing Evolution comes with a Pac-Man Vs. disc (not that I can do anything with it since it's multiplayer only and requires a GBA to be hooked up for the second player, f:censored:ing woo), and I snagged the NASCAR games together for $15.

20201019_224324.jpg

Aaand since I can play Japanese games, might as well get some of those too, right? Chibi-Robo was way cheaper for the non-English version (for reference, complete US copies fetch between $180-200, and as cool as the game is, I'm not willing to spend more on one game than I did the entire console). Of course, it sucks that I have no clue what any of the dialogue says, but it adds a bit of challenge to figure things out myself. The other game is Zoocube, which had a US release and isn't eye-wateringly expensive, but I went with the Japanese version because the box art is adorable and it's not something I need to understand every line of text to be able to play.

I've also really come to love the Japanese GC boxes. They're smaller than the DVD-size cases the rest of the world got, and have cardboard sleeves that go over an opaque plastic case. The nice thing is that it seems most people kept the sleeves, unlike the pure cardboard boxes of previous Nintendo consoles, as most listings show them as complete. Yeah, they're funky, but they're also a perfect complement to the console's personality.

US vs JP size:
20201019_224424.jpg

Sleeve/Case:
20201019_224450.jpg

Since the original lockdown in... was it late March, early April? I've effectively been shielding as my wife and mother-in-law have to shield due to various health reasons. This means i've not been to a coffee shop in six months and have really missed a good cup. So, taking advantage of the recent Amazon Prime Day(s), i bought myself a Sage* Barista Express espresso machine.

Takes a bit of practice getting the grind amount, fineness and pressure all perfect but i can now enjoy a decent cup of coffee from the comfort, and relative safeness, of my own home.

thumbnail_IMG_0961.jpg

*Breville in other parts of the world.

Since the original lockdown in... was it late March, early April? I've effectively been shielding as my wife and mother-in-law have to shield due to various health reasons. This means i've not been to a coffee shop in six months and have really missed a good cup. So, taking advantage of the recent Amazon Prime Day(s), i bought myself a Sage* Barista Express espresso machine.

Takes a bit of practice getting the grind amount, fineness and pressure all perfect but i can now enjoy a decent cup of coffee from the comfort, and relative safeness, of my own home.

*Breville in other parts of the world.

How well does it replicate the barista's "dude I dunno whether to be impressed or irritated at your incredibly specific order" glare?

How well does it replicate the barista's "dude I dunno whether to be impressed or irritated at your incredibly specific order" glare?

Like i said, it does take a bit of practice to get a decent cup out of it, so it doesn't give up it's charms all that easily. Having said that it only works in a cafe for minimum wage sits on the counter top. It has no real reason to be so judgemental.

Despite the uncertainty surrounding Covid I decided to risk it and buy tickets/campsites for the IMSA, Indycar and NASCAR weekends at Road America. I also rented a golf cart for the NASCAR weekend and will likely do the same for IMSA (not sure if I'm going the whole IndyCar weekend yet so I probably won't rent one that weekend).

Despite the uncertainty surrounding Covid I decided to risk it and buy tickets/campsites for the IMSA, Indycar and NASCAR weekends at Road America. I also rented a golf cart for the NASCAR weekend and will likely do the same for IMSA (not sure if I'm going the whole IndyCar weekend yet so I probably won't rent one that weekend).

At least it is outdoors. That should take care of most of the issues.

Back