Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,310 comments
. Is that lampshade upside down,first picture shows it other way up

The website for Umage shows it pointing down, so it looks like @Sprite is using it right, and whoever mounted it pointing up got it wrong. EDIT: looking at it again, the ceiling-suspended and tripod-mounted lamps face down. The table lamp version points up.

You can actually mount it either way the choice is yours. Uplighter or Downlighter. :) As my fiancée picked the orientation I’m saying nothing on how it looks :lol:

V-Moda Boompro. My Modmic died last month so I had to replace it eventually.

1395069640_1038778.jpg

And some windscreens/pop filters

61Dvv9rzd7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought a new washer dryer since our old one would stop drying every 5 minutes and had to be restarted. This one is a direct drive so it's super quiet, has wifi to download extra cycles and to control it from my phone, and has a steam function for allergies.

It also has a ridiculous "AI" system that uses the weight and softness of the load combined with data from all of your previous cycles to determine the best wash and dry for you while also monitoring the sound and vibration levels of the machine to keep it as quiet as possible. :lol: When the clothes are dry it tumbles them every now and then on a low heat to make sure they don't become creased before you take them out. It makes a difference too, everything comes out super soft!

I used to get excited about video games, now I get excited about the laundry....

large01.jpg

Last edited:
@Moglet - Does it play a happy little jingle when you turn it on and when the cycle ends? :lol:

I have an LG washer and dryer and just bought an LG TV and turned the "power on" sound option on then thought I turned it back off. Later my wife turned the TV on and it played its jingle. Told my wife I thought I turned that setting back off and she said "It's an LG, it's supposed to play a happy tune." :lol:

Can't show off the actual purchase yet, as they haven't arrived, but I ordered two pieces of this former Aero California DC9. They were cut from the tail. I got yellow and dark red pieces.

36480_1179473544.jpg

TB
I have to ask.

Why?

Check the last part of my signature. ;)

They're PlaneTags, and to someone like me, it's pretty cool to hold them in your hand. They're engraved with the aircraft name, airline, and tail number. Very nicely done. I have 53 of them.

O1CN011tqyeQiZw8Vh17d_!!63035954.jpg

There's also a company in Germany that makes something similar, called Aviationtag.

aviationtags-bordbar-koeln-wingmag%C2%A9aviationtag-1-1024x684.jpg

Last edited:
Check the last part of my signature. ;)

They're PlaneTags, and to someone like me, it's pretty cool to hold them in your hand. They're engraved with the aircraft name, airline, and tail number. Very nicely done. I have 53 of them.
Fair enough, just not my thing, obviously. Have fun with it, dude! :cheers:

TB
Fair enough, just not my thing, obviously. Have fun with it, dude! :cheers:
They're addicting lol, and once you get a fair amount of them, it's quite colorful to look at them. Updated original post with pictures.

Last edited:
They're addicting lol, and once you get a fair amount of them, it's quite colorful to look at them. Updated original post with pictures.
You should post about this is our airplane thread as well. I’m sure our aviation enthusiasts would love to see this.

I bought a new washer dryer since our old one would stop drying every 5 minutes and had to be restarted. This one is a direct drive so it's super quiet, has wifi to download extra cycles and to control it from my phone, and has a steam function for allergies.

It also has a ridiculous "AI" system that uses the weight and softness of the load combined with data from all of your previous cycles to determine the best wash and dry for you while also monitoring the sound and vibration levels of the machine to keep it as quiet as possible. :lol: When the clothes are dry it tumbles them every now and then on a low heat to make sure they don't become creased before you take them out. It makes a difference too, everything comes out super soft!

I used to get excited about video games, now I get excited about the laundry....

large01.jpg

I am terrible about doing laundry. Anything that makes it easier is a plus in my book and something work being excited about. Getting old is weird.

I am terrible about doing laundry. Anything that makes it easier...

A wife.

But seriously, I’m so useless at laundry that I’m happy to do all the other house work and leave the clothes to Mrs Shem.

It’s not a super fancy machine (Samsung I think) but it does play a little jingle which is nice.

Comics and manga purchases today. The usual classic Betty & Veronica comics, plus a couple Harley Quinn comics, all digital from ComiXology. The four “Éclair” books are physical books bought from Kinokuniya bookstore in Seattle. There’s a fifth book in the series, “Éclair Rouge”, but they didn’t have it in stock. I may have to order that one. They’re all yuri (girls love) manga anthologies featuring some very talented artists and writers. They’re also a pretty good deal. Most volumes of manga are about 180 pages, but these are about 280 pages each.

TB
@Moglet - Does it play a happy little jingle when you turn it on and when the cycle ends? :lol:

I have an LG washer and dryer and just bought an LG TV and turned the "power on" sound option on then thought I turned it back off. Later my wife turned the TV on and it played its jingle. Told my wife I thought I turned that setting back off and she said "It's an LG, it's supposed to play a happy tune." :lol:

It does! The jingle that plays when it finishes is around 10 seconds long. The first time a cycle finished I was elsewhere in the house so didn't hear it. I got a message from my wife saying "the washing machine is singing!"

My dryer in the previous house I lived in had a high-pitched beep. No big deal, right? It beeped 16 times.

Holy crap it was annoying.

I have an LG washer that plays a tune when done. The first time I ran it I thought the installer left his cell phone at my house.

large01.jpg
Care to share the model number of the specific washer dryer you got?

I have an LG washer that plays a tune when done. The first time I ran it I thought the installer left his cell phone at my house.
I recently got a new washing machine, and to start it I need to press one button twice and another button once. They have different tones, and when pressed in the requires sequence, it is the same melody as the intro to 'Jump Around' by House of Pain, which then inevitably gets stuck in my head... which is unfortunate because I hate that song.

Latest Posts

Back