Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,329 comments
Finally bought the harness for the 944. I plan on getting this car back up and running by March. After that, I'm going to do the brakes when it warms up. It's already somewhat warm. **** climate change.

902-25.gif

Forgot to reply to these!
As a Mac user i just had no use for an old PC game anymore.
I can understand not having a use for them anymore in this case, but I could never justify just chunking them. To each his own though.
Retrospectively looking on ebay, they only have a used value of about £5, so it wouldn't have been worth the hassle of trying to sell them.
I beg to differ with NR2003. I legit have never seen that game below the price I paid for it, in fact I haven't seen any other copy for what I paid for it at all.
That's been the standard issue CD (single) jewel case in Europe (and many other parts of the world) for the last 35 years.
Oh, I didn't know that! I think this CD was issued in Europe so I can believe that. It's the first one I have got that was like this.

Last edited:
I bought one of these and 25ft of Ethernet cord.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...FLJIlNk1Hw80914QKXgaAncQEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
3055085_rd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

I bought it not only to give a better connection for things in my room, but also because it has an ethernet port on the side. I'm using that and the cord I bought to switch my PS3 to wired connection (something I never thought I would do again), because the wireless chip seems to no longer work. It was either this or buy a new PS3 and I didn't want to buy a new console just to have wifi.

So far, it works; which is nice. Now I can finally reinstall all of my games including GT5 & 6, I want to record video footage on those games.

Last edited:
TB
I resisted heavily but i booked a flight to Georgia. My wife is right, it'll be better than 40 hours of driving.

Where do you drive from ? the tip of Alaska ?

If you are not in a rush, driving can be nice...

Last edited:
My usual reading material. More digital comics. Betty and Veronica, the final two issues of 2019's Black Cat series from Marvel, and the final three issues of the Supergirl and Batgirl comic series from DC. For physical books, I made another run down to Kinokuniya in Seattle. Lots of yuri manga, plus another issue of Monster Musume, a harem comedy about one guy and a bunch of monster girls who live with him. I put the manga in a spoiler tag for some very mildly racy covers.

Last edited:
Got these Florida Georgia Line CD's last week. Saw them on eBay being sold as a set and while they were a little pricey, they had the radio edits of "Dirt" and "Sun Daze" on there and given my obsession for radio edits, especially since "Sun Daze" was one I really desired, I simply could not ignore it! So I bought them and I have no regrets! :D
IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg

The case designs are rather interesting, they remind me of Blu Ray cases actually and I have never seen music CD's packaged like this. It's a neat choice though and I love how the lyrics are printed on the inside of it.

A new front door for my parent's old, old house (95 years old now). They were going to buy one when I was younger, but my dad is an asshole. Can't believe I'm buying this kind of ****, but I guess it gets me prepared for homeownership if I ever want one.

The last one of this type in stock.. it's beautiful. Now it's time to get it installed.

143552103_451715266009153_710894450846389684_n.png

There is a plastic rectangle coming for me in the mail that allows me the chance to pilot those metal missiles this site seems to like. Classes are coming to make me not suck at it.

(Translated into learners permit/drivers ed, oh god help us. Gonna do the obligatory Member's Rides topic, ITT: Darla Starch Drives Stuff is working title)

I bought some Sansevierias and a couple of Peace Lilies. I didn't expect a side effect.

The feeling these plants give just by looking at them, especially the Peace Lilly is very nice. They really give a calm and good feeling.

iu

iu

Last edited:
JBL_LINK_MUSIC_HERO_BLACK%20CATEGORY%20PAGE_005_X4.png

JBL Link, wanted a reasonably priced speaker with Google Assistant for the kitchen. Got it price-matched down to $68 from $169. :D
I've had my Google Home Mini (received from Spotify membership) for probably going on two years now, and I love it!

I don't have intricate settings for commands or anything like the more serious users out there, but little everyday things like playing music or asking about the weather.

I've had my Google Home Mini (received from Spotify membership) for probably going on two years now, and I love it!

I don't have intricate settings for commands or anything like the more serious users out there, but little everyday things like playing music or asking about the weather.
I got a Home Mini for free with my Chromecast 2, it really is quite handy. I've been using mine as a dedicated shower speaker, just been too lazy to move it around the house whenever I wanted to listen to music.

Last edited:
I got a Home Mini for free with my Chromecast 2, it really is quite handy. I've been using mine as a dedicated shower speaker, just been too lazy to move it around the house whenever I wanted to listen to music.
We are currently remodeling our bathroom and I was totally thinking about getting another one specifically for this. :lol:

Last edited:
In Shemland we don’t upgrade, we downgrade...41t to a 36t for that delicious hypermiling effect.
58BFD974-FEAD-4712-B499-E4F67C1E62A8.jpeg

Other ‘comfort’ purchases include a rubber boot for the shifter, a windscreen extender for minimising wind noise and a GoPro clamp for the GPS bar.

New oil going in tomorrow, I’m hoping the dealer has some quality mineral stuff rather than generic synthetic. I’m still breaking it in.

I got more RiffTrax, plus a ticket for a virtual live screening of The Choppers by The Mads on Tuesday. The Mads are Trace Beaulieu and Frank Conniff, formerly of Mystery Science Theater 3000 where they played Dr. Clayton Forrester/Crow T. Robot and TV’s Frank, respectively. Normally they only do live shows, but with theaters closed, they’re doing this virtual show which includes a download of the show afterwards. As much as an MST3K fan as I am I’ve never had a chance to see Trace and Frank as The Mads, so I’m really looking forward to this.

And of course there are more classic Betty and Veronica comic reprints. The clothes often look silly to us now since they were designed by the artists to caricature the styles of the time. But I have to admit Betty is absolutely killing it in that white floral print minidress on the cover of issue 167.

Back