Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,329 comments
81e203WgSCL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Technically not my purchase a friend bought it for me to draw her naked. That should be interesting.

I studied art/design and did live drawing of nudes for at least 4 years so it's something I'm familiar with but this is the first time a friend suggests to pose for me.

Last edited:
When are going to "show off" your new motorbike @W3HS?

View attachment 984474

Technically not my purchase a friend bought it for me to draw her naked. That should be interesting.

I studied art/design and did live drawing of nudes for at least 4 years so it's something I'm familiar with but this is the first time a friend suggests to pose for me.
Can I come and watch bitte, please?
m1806.gif

Last edited:
When are going to "show off" your new motorbike @W3HS?

I’m collecting it tomorrow at noon. Will post pics when I get it home.
I didn’t think the paperwork would be done until next week to be honest, some I’m really excited it’s ready.

Last edited:
View attachment 984474

I also recently bought a drawing pad, a selection of graphite pencils and some coloured pencils. I don't have much to show for it yet, but I will hopefully post the results of my efforts at some point, and I hope you will too... or at least send them via PM.

I bought TD Unlimited for the PC, so I can try mods on it. I wanted to finally play that Platinum Edition mod.
View attachment 984513
I managed to get the game for free in order to play the Platinum Edition Mod. It's definitely worth your time because there's a lot of great cars which not even Gran Turismo has. My first virtual experiences with the Ferrari 488 Pista, the McLaren Senna and Lamborghini Aventador SVJ came from this mod, which I find incredible.

Dexy the Midnight Runner:

View attachment 984643

CBX500 2021. Baby for scale.

View attachment 984644
Very nice. You should check out the videos of Noraly "Itchy Boots" Schoenmaker. She's a round the world motorcyclist. She started on a Royal Enfield Himalayan, but recently upgraded to a Honda CB500X and she's loving it. The only downside is due to the pandemic, she's currently restricted to her home country of Holland. She did manage a quick tour of northern Europe on her Honda this past summer, however. Very enjoyable videos, highly recommended.

Also, enjoy your bike.

Very nice. You should check out the videos of Noraly "Itchy Boots" Schoenmaker. She's a round the world motorcyclist. She started on a Royal Enfield Himalayan, but recently upgraded to a Honda CB500X and she's loving it. The only downside is due to the pandemic, she's currently restricted to her home country of Holland. She did manage a quick tour of northern Europe on her Honda this past summer, however. Very enjoyable videos, highly recommended.

Also, enjoy your bike.

Thanks

I actually came across her channel just this week while researching the CBX.

I had a brief look at a Himalayan myself but for pure reliability the Honda can’t be beaten. As a kid I always wanted a Bullet500 but as an adult realised I need practicality.

Seeing as I'm not paying current (read: inflated) prices for a PC upgrade, I've gone the middle man route for the time being:

EQBvliZUEAEBE6H.jpg

$24.95 for 6 months as all of the monthly slots are full. The library of compatible games isn't vast (think back to a handful of developers parting ways with this last year) but at least I can play AC Competizione and Cyberpunk at max settings...in 1080p, on a 1440p monitor. :P

Haven't gone to a specific New Hampshire retro game store in a while (just about exactly a year in fact), but saw they posted on their social media page that they just got in a few Gamecube games that I haven't seen in a while. Went down to check it out, sadly they sold one I wanted (Geist) the day before. But ended up getting these. Can't say it was...cheap. :boggled: Also after getting a Sega Saturn a few years ago, felt the need to pick up another game (all we have right now is Area 51) and got a new AV cable for my PS2.

138719776_10225407033662168_8698864323691743675_o.jpg

Last edited:
Not a whole lot, but I'm a very happy camper right now.
20210117_160231.jpg

By far and away the best part of this lot is the Wavebird. Found it at my Goodwill with two receivers for $7, which is insane considering these things usually bring $50 or more. It appears to be working (even came with a fresh pair of Duracells to boot), and only has cosmetic issues. I did the best I could to scrub off some of the scum around the joysticks and shoulder buttons, but I'll probably end up replacing the sticks at some point anyway.
20210117_163703.jpg

Also ended up replacing the cases on two of the PSX games. R4 will have to wait because I don't have any double-disc cases to swap out, but all three of them were pretty gross; looked like the previous owner left them next to their coffee grinder or something.

Before:
20210117_160353.jpg

(Notice the hazing and browning)

After:
20210117_160905.jpg

Last edited:
They made a Jason Jarrett and Justin Labonte NASCAR game??

They were the future of the sport! Would have been so much better without pictures on the cover so you could just assume it was Dale and Terry instead. Or hell, even Bobby Labonte would have been higher profile :lol:.

Latest purchase a few weeks ago:

106.JPG

109.JPG

Dell G7 7700 from a preset Best Buy configuration. Got it for like $400 off the normal price the week of Christmas. 17 inch 300hz screen, i7-10750H, 16gb ram, 512gb SSD, RTX 2070 (max-p). Replaces an Alienware laptop I also got on a Best Buy deal almost 10 years ago.

Last edited:
They were the future of the sport! Would have been so much better without pictures on the cover so you could just assume it was Dale and Terry instead. Or hell, even Bobby Labonte would have been higher profile :lol:.

Latest purchase a few weeks ago:

View attachment 985629

View attachment 985630

Dell G7 7700 from a preset Best Buy configuration. Got it for like $400 off the normal price the week of Christmas. 17 inch 300hz screen, i7-10750H, 16gb ram, 512gb SSD, RTX 2070 (max-p). Replaces an Alienware laptop I also got on a Best Buy deal almost 10 years ago.

Just a word of caution: using a laptop flat/straight on a bed is a sure way to kill it real fast...

I have seen so many people doing that.... and they wonder why....

Back