Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,310 comments
Logitech low profile clickys have a significantly less deep tone to the click than the MX Blues. They are quieter overall but a tad more harsh. I was admittedly kind of disappointed when I went from an original K70 to a G915, since the actuation point isn't quite where the click is; but that mainly manifests in the wider keys.
uhFVK7paQb0lMgJwkKnsV-xTGDgzP5Y0vYYZZQN0lOjGQR3EOuJpmKBOL76WSC6yeHtZ3NnyzDmTP6asI0XKULNwcGKyyWWytlgKu_32G6H-krFlA2brPBcR_bquJbRKzGnFk7st9zQy-xe_q5ZFIqeUS5NyLtSPG3Aav_a-80ZgSS2xXFV6gqNLrEVTeQhZJPNyaSdqvgh6Gltg1uXs2cH5_2Oa3yNQZ9Iz7pcZFXsek_V7ITLohqB99JpFpRlUsVYu_kClnW5hacfCjycme6asGME77-oKJdQKOriZTEzQu543TYvRbElrhPs72Y6eA2AOYyeVc_Iuc8evXvZqKVTYsvtD5zz4HPvPqWzVVX59LuK-38aE0w7pWh-euD8EZN868OQKNVXaQGur1ltcWR0XDpxaqBBNjjulTY8qhFAUde_ymTkOIIz0Ib6vaFEX_q5QRQuKy8ssTx2K43Ea7BL-qv01m1k2EMdQ5zee489DLMMX4n2gSXk5_vstqJk2uc4kaVZWWb-cZ6y56Rdxr6ksVllTQUQjsU7m6VC9TH3-_mUK31CUHsDO2zyyGAlJFF5_Va5spKK8d3cxEsw15OUfJSxkI7OBoVnElYZx8sbIW70Nf-Jy7YvnXI-TzjrbpLFa5UQYmWqfKvkqbjyv5prNR3fdSeKBvVLFlLUWaNhFbwq6asL4x7NcXGTqTvWTWPSy4LBy1c8VdSdBsUlad3h5VLnnNN7ab1inyz20oCvaOIxzTQOjQrdkvK0-=w1610-h2030-no

This kept stewing and annoying me this whole time. I thought I had broken my work keyboard while cleaning it/changing keycaps and was going to dump my G915 there instead; then I noticed that Amazon had this one on sale for 40% off and bought it on the spot. This one is much better. Not only are the keys full travel, but the actuation point is correct and the sound is way deeper than even the blues in my OG K70. It legitimately approaches buckling springs in sound, though at lower volume for sure.

Last edited:
I've almost considered buying myself for this exact reason. So annoyed by them asking me.
Ads are such a pain. Ads for electric razors during my daughter’s Peppa Pig cartoon or ads for women’s deodorant during wargame reviews. Ads that go on for up to half an hour… that’s not reasonable. Thankfully the premium includes YouTube Music so it removes the need for a separate Spotify subscription.

Couldn’t take the ads any longer.

View attachment 1179443

I swapped my Spotify for Google Music when I heard you could upload 10,000 of your own tracks to their cloud (for personal use, obvs), then found out for an extra £2/mo I could banish YT ads to the shadow realm - I don't think I've ever been upsold on something so quickly.

As for my own most recent purchase, my Samsung Galaxy A8 (with a decently sized but not very visible crack in the glass) has been misbehaving lately, the storage has been full for like forever and I've finally had enough, I was going to hold out for the Nothing Phone 1 with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage but after reading how good the Google Pixel 6a's camera is and how dubious Nothing's software is, after briefly also considering a Samsung Galaxy A53 (which was cheaper and includes an SD card slot, but I hate Samsung's software and the camera isn't as good) I opted for...

google-pixel-6-5g-stormy-black-128gb_1.jpg

A Pixel 6 (because they're currently £100 off on Amazon), plus for the first time ever I've bought a glass screen protector and a case, both made by Spigen. It's like a comfortable middle ground between the 6a and Nothing Phone in many ways (8GB RAM instead of 6 or 12, 90Hz screen instead of 60 or 120, OK the storage space is lacking at 128GB instead of 256GB but the camera, software and processor are all better), for the same price as the Nothing. Also, five years of support instead of three. And a better IP rating of 68 rather than 53. Why would you have that gorgeous open glass back without full dust ingress protection? I reckon it would look awful before long.

I swapped my Spotify for Google Music when I heard you could upload 10,000 of your own tracks to their cloud (for personal use, obvs), then found out for an extra £2/mo I could banish YT ads to the shadow realm - I don't think I've ever been upsold on something so quickly.
The price is so justifiable to remove such a big nuisance. Having Music included made it a no-brainer

I've been interested in YT Music or even Google or another service over Spotify, but I'm so used to Spotify.

Is there a way to transfer playlists? I've got so much :/

My first computer was a Sinclair Spectrum 48k... my storage was a C90 cassette tape :lol:

Off the top of my head, a C60 would have been better. It's still got more capacity than the Speccy had, and the thicker tape was less prone to error.

Now to flex with my 25% bigger memory C64 :D (that's now replaced with a C64 emulator on my £2500 PC :D :D :D :D Instant loading Bubble Bobble FTW)

As AT&T has now swapped places with Verizon in terms of "most permissive carrier" and "most restrictive carrier", I needed a new phone because the crappy drug dealer phone AT&T sent me to replace my Huawei when they disabled its ability to be used in February was so bad at doing basically anything that I nearly chucked it out the window as I was taking a trip back up to New York a couple weeks ago.

So:

Sony%20Xperia%201%20III%20purple.jpg

I needed a new phone because the crappy drug dealer phone AT&T sent me to replace my Huawei when they disabled its ability to be used in February
When they what....

...what in the name of all things Tesla gives them the right/ability to do that to your phone?

Last edited:
AT&T switched from "lol bring whatever phone you want even if it only supports one of the bands we use" to a whitelist with the 3G shutdown.

AT&T switched from "lol bring whatever phone you want even if it only supports one of the bands we use" to a whitelist with the 3G shutdown.
Absurd, I've still got two old Huawei handsets, both of which still work fine if I pop a sim in them.

The US market is so tilted against buying phones that are unlocked (especially with Verizon in the past) the response from them is more "you should be thankful that we are allowing you to use that device that wasn't sold in our stores with our branding on it"

Last edited:
The US market is so tilted against buying phones that are unlocked (especially with Verizon in the past) the response from them is more "you should be thankful that we are allowing you to use that device that wasn't sold in our stores with our branding on it"
Networks locking phones I understand, I don't agree with it, but I understand the vague argument they use. Over here however unlocking a phone is pretty easy and straightforward.

Edited to add:

I totally forgot, networks are now actually banned from locking phones in the UK.

Last edited:
20220803_153442.jpg
20220803_153500.jpg
20220803_153515.jpg
20220803_153616.jpg
20220803_153626.jpg
20220803_153734.jpg
20220803_153533.jpg

Three weeks ago I received a text from my a good friend of mine Saturday morning at 5:49am which simply stated "Broo call me asap." Now my buddy Calvin never sends me texts like this so I automatically assumed something was wrong. When I called him the first thing he said was "Do you want a deal or do you want a deal?" At this point I am dumbfound but releaved that nothing is wrong with him or his children. He then goes on to tell me that a friend of his (I don't remember his name but we'll call him James) wanted to sell his RHD Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1 GSR. Calvin stated that when James approached him about selling his Evo 1, Calvin immediately thought about me because he knows that I've wanted an Evo since 2010. I told Calvin to give me some time to discuss this with my wife and I will give him an answer before the end of the day. I spoke with my wife about the car and called Calvin to let him know that I was interested in purchasing the Evo 1 from James.

The entire weekend I couldn't help but think about the Evo 1. I spent a lot of time on Jame and Calvin's Instagram pages looking at any possible picture or video of this Evo 1 they posted on their pages. I started watching all of the videos from the Youtube channel Fullboost about "Project GSR" and began to think about what modifications I want to do to "my" Evo 1. Longstory short, I was obsessed with a vehicle I didn't even own yet. I spoke with Calvin a few more times through weekend via text and phone calls simply asking him various questions about owning and maintaining an imported vehicle (25 year rule) in the US that was never available to the US market.

Monday morning, I receive a text from Calvin informing me that James actually wanted Calvin to purchase the car because he trusts Calvin and knows that the car will be taken care of. Although I was slightly disappointed about this, I was not necessarily discouraged. Subconciously I hoped James would eventually change his mind, but if he didn't, everything would be fine, life goes on. As much as I would have liked to have owned the Evo 1, an Evo 9 MR with the 6-speed manual is what I really wanted. I suddenly recalled an Evo 9 Calvin told me about last year. This was Calvin's very first Evo which he sold to his friend Adrian some time betweeen 2009-2010. Ironically, Adrian still owned the Evo 9 and recently spoke with Calvin about potentially selling it. Calvin and I quickly ended our phone call and Calvin gets in contact with Adrian. 20 minutes later I receive a call from Calvin and the first thing he says is "You lucky bastard..." Adrian wants to sell his Evo 9 MR and has agreed to sell it to me. I was immediately overwhelmed with joy and I am still elated as I am making this post.

I usually don't get excited about things until they happen but this time around I could not keep my composure. Tuesday night, Calvin and I book our flights to California to pick up the car. Wednesday and Thursday, my wife and I spend time cleaning the garage to ensure that we have enough space for the Evo 9. A week later Calvin and I fly to California then drive the Evo 9 back to Arizona. I did not have much time to enjoy the car because the very next day I flew out of town for a family vacation. After returning home from vacation, I was occupied with work and today is the very first day that I can actually get to enjoy the car.

I wanted an Evo 9 MR because it is a car that can do it all. I wanted something fun that I can enjoy with my wife and kids. I also wanted something that I can compete with in HPDE (High Performance Driving Events) and also take to the local cruise-in. The car is mechanically sound but needs some cosmetic work.

Performance Parts Currently On The Car

HKS Carbon Fiber Exhaust
Injen Intake & Intercooler Piping Kit
Perrin Downpipe & Test Pipe
Apexi Turbo Timer
AEM Manual Boost Controller
Bee*r Rev Limiter
JDM Rear Bumper
SE Front Lip (Needs To Be Repaired Or Replaced)
Competition Clutch Stage 3.5 Segmented Ceramic Clutch Kit w/ Steel Flywheel
SparkTech COP System
Swift Spec R Springs
Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Sway Bar
DBA 4000 Series T3 Brake Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Street/Sport Brake Pads
Works Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motegi Racing MR118 Wheels (Still have OEM BBS Wheels)
Forge Recirculated Blow Off Valve

View attachment 1180461View attachment 1180462View attachment 1180463View attachment 1180464View attachment 1180465View attachment 1180466View attachment 1180467

Three weeks ago I received a text from my a good friend of mine Saturday morning at 5:49am which simply stated "Broo call me asap." Now my buddy Calvin never sends me texts like this so I automatically assumed something was wrong. When I called him the first thing he said was "Do you want a deal or do you want a deal?" At this point I am dumbfound but releaved that nothing is wrong with him or his children. He then goes on to tell me that a friend of his (I don't remember his name but we'll call him James) wanted to sell his RHD Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1 GSR. Calvin stated that when James approached him about selling his Evo 1, Calvin immediately thought about me because he knows that I've wanted an Evo since 2010. I told Calvin to give me some time to discuss this with my wife and I will give him an answer before the end of the day. I spoke with my wife about the car and called Calvin to let him know that I was interested in purchasing the Evo 1 from James.

The entire weekend I couldn't help but think about the Evo 1. I spent a lot of time on Jame and Calvin's Instagram pages looking at any possible picture or video of this Evo 1 they posted on their pages. I started watching all of the videos from the Youtube channel Fullboost about "Project GSR" and began to think about what modifications I want to do to "my" Evo 1. Longstory short, I was obsessed with a vehicle I didn't even own yet. I spoke with Calvin a few more times through weekend via text and phone calls simply asking him various questions about owning and maintaining an imported vehicle (25 year rule) in the US that was never available to the US market.

Monday morning, I receive a text from Calvin informing me that James actually wanted Calvin to purchase the car because he trusts Calvin and knows that the car will be taken care of. Although I was slightly disappointed about this, I was not necessarily discouraged. Subconciously I hoped James would eventually change his mind, but if he didn't, everything would be fine, life goes on. As much as I would have liked to have owned the Evo 1, an Evo 9 MR with the 6-speed manual is what I really wanted. I suddenly recalled an Evo 9 Calvin told me about last year. This was Calvin's very first Evo which he sold to his friend Adrian some time betweeen 2009-2010. Ironically, Adrian still owned the Evo 9 and recently spoke with Calvin about potentially selling it. Calvin and I quickly ended our phone call and Calvin gets in contact with Adrian. 20 minutes later I receive a call from Calvin and the first thing he says is "You lucky bastard..." Adrian wants to sell his Evo 9 MR and has agreed to sell it to me. I was immediately overwhelmed with joy and I am still elated as I am making this post.

I usually don't get excited about things until they happen but this time around I could not keep my composure. Tuesday night, Calvin and I book our flights to California to pick up the car. Wednesday and Thursday, my wife and I spend time cleaning the garage to ensure that we have enough space for the Evo 9. A week later Calvin and I fly to California then drive the Evo 9 back to Arizona. I did not have much time to enjoy the car because the very next day I flew out of town for a family vacation. After returning home from vacation, I was occupied with work and today is the very first day that I can actually get to enjoy the car.

I wanted an Evo 9 MR because it is a car that can do it all. I wanted something fun that I can enjoy with my wife and kids. I also wanted something that I can compete with in HPDE (High Performance Driving Events) and also take to the local cruise-in. The car is mechanically sound but needs some cosmetic work.

Performance Parts Currently On The Car

HKS Carbon Fiber Exhaust
Injen Intake & Intercooler Piping Kit
Perrin Downpipe & Test Pipe
Apexi Turbo Timer
AEM Manual Boost Controller
Bee*r Rev Limiter
JDM Rear Bumper
SE Front Lip (Needs To Be Repaired Or Replaced)
Competition Clutch Stage 3.5 Segmented Ceramic Clutch Kit w/ Steel Flywheel
SparkTech COP System
Swift Spec R Springs
Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Sway Bar
DBA 4000 Series T3 Brake Rotors w/ Hawk HPS Street/Sport Brake Pads
Works Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motegi Racing MR118 Wheels (Still have OEM BBS Wheels)
Forge Recirculated Blow Off Valve
Congrats. Evo go brrrrooom brrrooom. Enjoy ;)

I've almost considered buying myself for this exact reason. So annoyed by them asking me.
I'm too lazy to play RPGs any more but watch a lot of playthroughs on YouTube so I use 4K Video Downloader to save them to mkv files. Ads are a thing of the past for me now.

I also needed something to watch them on and read comics so I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e to an S8+. The 120Hz AMOLED screen is the main draw for me over the regular S8's LCD but I can't say the near comic book sized screen (over 10 inches high) isn't also a big plus.

20220804_153214.jpg

Last edited:
I also needed something to watch them on and read comics so I just upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e to an S8+. The 120Hz AMOLED screen is the main draw for me over the regular S8's LCD but I can't say the near comic book sized screen (over 10 inches high) isn't also a big plus.

View attachment 1180618
This might be a good option for me. My iPad Air 2 is eight years old, and my iPad mini is so old it's still running an iOS that's three generations old. I've always been an Apple person, but they're too expensive for me any more.

Last edited:
This might be a good option for me. My iPad Air 2 is eight years old, and my iPad mini is so old it's still running an iOS that's three generations old. I've always been an Apple person, but they're too expensive for me any more.
The S8+ was a crazy price too but I love the display. Not sure how it compares to Retina.

Last edited:
The S8+ was a crazy price too but I love the display. Not sure how it compares to Retina.
May I ask how much you got it for? And is it 64 or 128GB? Finally, that CD of Brazilian forró music looks intriguing. I've got a couple CDs of forró and I love them both.

May I ask how much you got it for? And is it 64 or 128GB? Finally, that CD of Brazilian forró music looks intriguing. I've got a couple CDs of forró and I love them both.

Like I said, kerrrazee money. The extra storage was £50 more so I thought what the hell, even though most of my stuff is on a 512Gb SDXC card (the tab supports up to 1024Gb).

The compilation is great by the way (sample track below). Another John Peel recommendation.

Last edited:
Back