Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,319 comments
In the process of replacing the fans in the HAF-X and decided to add some RGBness™ to brighten things up.

sCKPRE1.jpg
I have the same case. Although RGB lighting and fans really wouldn't get noticed. It sits under my desk and is rarely seen.

Couldn’t take the ads any longer.

View attachment 1179443
Adblock Plus will do the same thing.....for free.

Last edited:
Adblock Plus will do the same thing.....for free.
I’ve been using it for years and it’s worked well enough. However, it doesn’t work on my mobile devices (iOS) and my work account won’t allow the Adblock extension.
For what little it costs the benefits are massive in terms of frustration minimised. And with the family plan we’ve got 5+ iOS devices and 4 laptops running ad free with the benefit of full YT Music access.

Excellent cash value for a modern convenience.

Edit: plus my daughter’s android TV which had the worst of the ad problems. Some of them were 20+ minutes long!

Last edited:
I’ve been using it for years and it’s worked well enough. However, it doesn’t work on my mobile devices (iOS) and my work account won’t allow the Adblock extension.
For what little it costs the benefits are massive in terms of frustration minimised. And with the family plan we’ve got 5+ iOS devices and 4 laptops running ad free with the benefit of full YT Music access.

Excellent cash value for a modern convenience.

Edit: plus my daughter’s android TV which had the worst of the ad problems. Some of them were 20+ minutes long!
Well that sucks.

I guess if your main way to use YouTube is on the app on your phone, I could see paying for the subscription to not have ads. But I only use my phone for YouTube when I'm on my lunch break, so I put up with them since it's for less than hour each time. And even then, I sometimes just stream a movie on either Amazon, Disney+, HBOMax, or Hulu. I do most of my "computer" stuff on my actual computer; where it's easier to block ads on everything. So I get your frustration.

I finally bit the long overdue bullet and updated/upgraded to a new mid range-ish PC from my one and only previous desk top that I purchased in 2011. I'd been looking at getting an Xbox Series S or X but wifey beat me to the punch for our second new console and bought an Nintendo Switch. As we couldn't really justify a third new console this new PC was my way around the problem :D

20220806_052448.jpg

The external DVD drive, keyboard and mini hot water service (for my bar) are also new.

PC Specs.jpg

Last edited:
I just got back from the local Barnes and Noble. I got the final volume of Rose of Versailles in hardback, and the first volume of The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This, a fun, low-drama manga about two women in love.
52266073826_df5f35b30e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Sim Racing bay hub extension and a 3 inch spacer so I can run 15 degree shaft angle and obtain the geometry I'm after. Also wanted more room around the monitor for bells and whistles. After a lot of testing and more than enough frustration for the first time it feels darn close to a real car on all levels.

Hopefully I can start finishing it and making it pretty soon.

20220801_192841.jpg

Classic.

Can’t beat a good Casio.
I’ve had a few Casio Classics in the past. For their price and quality they’re worth buying regularly, like, every few years when the original battery dies.

This purchase was to cheer me up because I couldn’t get my Rolex fixed.

Unrelated, I took delivery of my new car today. No more Hiluxing for me!

6F30B197-55EE-4D36-8972-43F3DF80F198.jpeg
60888551-6C76-46B3-8A28-F47C69D98736.jpeg

Although I pay for it, my wife will daily it and I get to daily my other other Honda (too many Hondas now).

Obviously with buying a home there are a lot of "home" things that are needed. And some that aren't.

Truthfully, I haven't really documented with pictures anything I've bought lately.

Except this little ****.

20220809_235223.jpg

Well, I set the alarm on it for a few minutes in the future, just to test it out. I promptly forgot about it as I made myself some food. Which was the plan!

I nearly shat myself when it went off. It was so loud, and dramatic. Scary movie cliche bells ringing jump scare style.

I'm a bit shook. Damn! But hey, I like a little clock on my bar.

Well, I set the alarm on it for a few minutes in the future, just to test it out. I promptly forgot about it as I made myself some food. Which was the plan!

I nearly shat myself when it went off. It was so loud, and dramatic. Scary movie cliche bells ringing jump scare style.
In my imagination that played out hilariously.

Obviously with buying a home there are a lot of "home" things that are needed. And some that aren't.

Truthfully, I haven't really documented with pictures anything I've bought lately.

Except this little ****.

View attachment 1182278

I'm a bit shook. Damn! But hey, I like a little clock on my bar.
Was the meal a tossed salad!

Wednesday means comic books.
035C2E78-45F4-49D0-9626-D453335450FB.jpeg

44B4392F-BA6E-44F3-BB8C-AAAC73FD5889.jpeg

Edit: This came in the mail today. It's not the last volume in the series (there are ten) but it is the last one I needed. It just recently went out of print but I was able to grab one from Amazon before they disappeared or the price went through the roof.
52277856155_81d9f3fe0d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Kid needed a new phone so off to Costco we went. Asked the dude what our best deal was. Ended up going from a Galaxy S8 to a S22 for tax only on the purchase price and the $35 activation fee, so $105 all in.

Figured that was a pretty damn good deal so I joined in, too.

1660269105542.jpeg

Bonus, there was a loyalty discount so our monthly bill dropped $20.

TB
Kid needed a new phone so off to Costco we went. Asked the dude what our best deal was. Ended up going from a Galaxy S8 to a S22 for tax only on the purchase price and the $35 activation fee, so $105 all in.

View attachment 1183003

Dang. Sounds like you made out like a bandit all around.

TB

View attachment 1183003

With my S22, I can zoom in on someone's face from one end of the baseball stadium to the other.

10/10, would recommend.

Back