Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,323 comments
32D02925-259F-4891-AD2E-A74B4E2F20E2.jpeg
. Finally coming back in stock,it’s been a long wait

8BFD33F1-7682-4BB4-AAF4-F2C4E61B1B3C.jpeg

Was seriously considering a wheel instead, the G29 was the exact same price. Problem was the rest of the setup, I just don’t have space for a permanent rig and I’m way too chunky for something folding like a Playseat.

This is good though. Back paddles feel great, the whole thing is more premium and solid than a regular Dualsense and with this I can play GT7 in bed in my freezing flat.

Snagged it for a good deal? What’s the MPGs like in there?
A good deal as in yes I lucked out on the model we wanted without the 6-9 month wait and also no dealer price gouging. Even managed a to get $1k off the price.

Fuel consumption wise I wouldn't call it a strong suit. I got 7l/100km on the 200km drive home from the dealer though that was mostly highway driving. So that's pretty good from a 2 ton car with a 3.5l V6 but I'm guessing our normal driving around town will be closer to the 10-13l mark.

It is what it is in that sense as there aren't really any better alternate vehicles for the modification we need to make.

A good deal as in yes I lucked out on the model we wanted without the 6-9 month wait and also no dealer price gouging. Even managed a to get $1k off the price.

Fuel consumption wise I wouldn't call it a strong suit. I got 7l/100km on the 200km drive home from the dealer though that was mostly highway driving. So that's pretty good from a 2 ton car with a 3.5l V6 but I'm guessing our normal driving around town will be closer to the 10-13l mark.

It is what it is in that sense as there aren't really any better alternate vehicles for the modification we need to make.
For us uneducated Americans, that works out to 33 mpg on the highway, and 18-23 mpg in town. That’s really not too bad.

Last edited:
My favorite artist, Vylet Pony, released a new album this past weekend.
EE85C8F5-EC45-404B-BA9A-9B901036ECE4.jpeg

Currently charted #1 in “Top Albums of 2023” on rateyourmusic.com. Her first album ever to do so. It’s an amazing concept album full of experimental EDM and progressive pop, and one of her best works of music too date.

Last edited:
All my Western comics purchases are digital. I buy them through Comixology. My manga purchases are mostly physical.
I know from buying physical media, it’s a sod to keep and store correctly. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t knee deep in records :lol:

Fairly expensive day for me today and the fruits of my spending will arrive in bits and pieces as they couldn't all be purchased here in Australia. Must say I'm really, and I mean really excited for when it all arrives.

This.
View attachment 1223454
These.

View attachment 1223455

This.

View attachment 1223457

And most importantly one of these to put them on.
View attachment 1223458
While G'N'R aren't my favourite band I do like playing this machine... and I don't really dislike their music. I tried to get the Stern Led Zeppelin pinball machine but that's going for crazy money for the one I wanted down here (there's a second hand LE one for $32k AUD in my state).

Best part is it means my home bar is getting close to completion :D

I'll post pictures of mine when it's all up and running.
Update:

So far the two items I ordered from U.S.A. have arrived but two, including the big one coming from only one state in Australia away haven't as yet. It's been down to a bit of bad luck on the behalf of the delivery driver though, poor fella has shingles. He's been very honest and upfront so I'll gladly wait a bit longer until he's right to travel again.

Supposed to black but hey ho, no biggy... and in case you're wondering about the Alfoil in the background, kittens don't like it so it's saving all the electrical wiring from being disturbed by a very energetic little critter.
Resized_20230131_144813.jpeg

20230210_120404.jpg

I bought the PS4 port of TC2 despite having the Xbox One port, so I can try playing it on my PS5. I might enjoy it more on a newer, more powerful console than my aging Xbox One.
The-Crew-2---PlayStation-4

I also recently redeemed some Playstation Gift Cards after seeing the sales going on, then bought these:

NFS Unbound Palace Edition was on there for $40.
EGS_NeedforSpeedUnboundPalaceEdition_CriterionGames_Editions_S1_2560x1440-13d57ac4c2f67afc9fc5b83f4b26941c

I also bought the season pass of Project Cars 3, I'm probably one of the very few people to have this. and I'm doing it for future Youtube videos (when I get my good computer fixed).
project-cars-3-season-pass-1598632750.jpg

Okay, back to games. I bought this thinking I should try some of the earlier Street Fighter games.

61LEMlRMEKL.jpg

I also saw this deal going on and a small part of me always thought of trying some of the MegaMan games. This should be a good start. :lol:
XyyFxWTg1ume8xld3CeFhM0YZEBPpZcj.png

and finally "A Hat in Time", it looks like it might scratch my 3D platformer itch.
81R3x1bRCPL.jpg

Got my tax return, so I decided to do a small bit of splurging:

20230215_230143.jpg

Beatmania II DX controller and the US Beatmania PS2 game, as well as NFS Underground 2 Sha_Do, which is another special edition Japan-only NFS release. It's pretty much Underground 2's counterpart to Underground 1's J-Tune, in that the actual game is pretty much the same (save for the addition of the Peugeot 106 and Vauxhall/Opel Corsa, which were never in the US release), but with some exclusive in-game vinyl patterns.

Also finally got myself a new pair of proper boots in the form of Timberland Pros, which I've admittedly needed for quite some time now.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
The little waft of smoke out of my 10 year old monitor gave me a clue that it was done for :lol: so a new one was needed.

Shame as it was almost like a part of the family, on the bright side it gave an opportunity to update.

LG Ultra gear 32GP850-B

IMG20230217202436.jpg

Used as an all purpose monitor for gaming and general use apart from my Sim rig. Pretty happy with it so far.

The little waft of smoke out of my 10 year old monitor gave me a clue that it was done for :lol: so a new one was needed.

Shame as it was almost like a part of the family, on the bright side it gave an opportunity to update.

LG Ultra gear 32GP850-B

View attachment 1231728

Used as an all purpose monitor for gaming and general use apart from my Sim rig. Pretty happy with it so far.
I'm probably going to have a new system built for me here locally next year and that's the monitor size I want to go up to from my current 27 inch.

I'm probably going to have a new system built for me here locally next year and that's the monitor size I want to go up to from my current 27 inch.
I was originally a bit worried that the 32 was going to be a little too big as a monitor but after a week of use I'm happy I got it over the 27 inch version.

Update:

So far the two items I ordered from U.S.A. have arrived but two, including the big one coming from only one state in Australia away haven't as yet. It's been down to a bit of bad luck on the behalf of the delivery driver though, poor fella has shingles. He's been very honest and upfront so I'll gladly wait a bit longer until he's right to travel again.

Supposed to black but hey ho, no biggy... and in case you're wondering about the Alfoil in the background, kittens don't like it so it's saving all the electrical wiring from being disturbed by a very energetic little critter.
View attachment 1229609
View attachment 1229610
Update two:

It's arrived and is now in it's forever home :D... maybe not it's forever position though as a soon to be released Stern Foo Fighters machine could also be on the cards if the gameplay is good.

20230216_123340.jpg

Unfortunately with pinball machine ownership comes pinball machine related problems. After only a few plays the diverter ramp has started to raise randomly of it's own accord at five seconds intervals which has in turn lead to the diverter coming loose. The tightening of the actual diverter isn't an issue but I have no idea what's causing the random activations yet (possibly an opti or a switch... but which one :confused:). The AU JJP representative has been very helpful so far but it's now the weekend so I've little hope it'll be fixed until Monday now :(.

While I had the glass off to investigate I did a complete run over everything and found that one flipper has also come a bit loose. I'll fix that when I have to lift the playfield up to fix the diverter. I think it's only one slightly loose nut as the flipper is still in it's proper position.

At least once I tighten the diverter and the flipper I should still be able to play it. It's a great game that's absolutely stunning visually... and the six ball multi balls are absolutely insane :eek::crazy::D:bowdown:

I've been out of touch with my music making for almost 2 years, partly due to COVID, partly due to work, partly due to a lack/loss of my creative mojo, but largely because of hardware problems that were making recording increasingly frustrating... my old laptop doesn't owe me anything, but it just can't handle the software any more. So I looked at buying a new PC and getting the same music software package as before, but that was going to weigh in at around £1000.

But - fortunately - upgrading the software onto my 'new' laptop (that's almost 3 years old now itself) turned out to be a lot cheaper than I thought. The software package (Native Instruments Komplete 14) is £539 (although that is actually a very reasonable price for the quality and quantity of what you get for that), but since I bought Komplete 9 already (10 years ago...!), I was able to 'upgrade' for just £179. And, the specs of my laptop are enough to run it too, so no new PC required either.

img-welcome-hero-komplete-14-standard-product-page-01-welcome-screen1-6b5034d677bd3e76e9ffc51dd17641df-d.jpg

It includes a frankly ridiculous 145 seperate modules, and I can tell you right now that I'll only ever use about 20 of those, but those are more than enough for an amateur musician. All I needed was a 1TB hard drive to store the ludicrous amount of libraries it comes with, the whole thing weighs in at around 770GB...

All I need to do now is hope that I can get everything working again as it was - ironically, the only think Komplete doesn't have is a simple DAW - there is a package that acts like a DAW, but I still use a combo of Audacity (free, and superbly good) and Cubase LE (also free, and also excellent), the latter syncing nicely with Komplete, though I will need to figure out how to do it again.

Wish me luck!

-

Oh, forgot to mention that there is at least one casualty - my home work station :lol: I hate working from home anyway, but my laptop can still be used for work if necessary, but now it's going to be rehomed in my 'studio' and set up exclusively for music. I do have a new 'work' laptop now too anyway.

It does mean, however, that my old 'music' laptop - my trusty old Sony Vaio purchased around 15 years ago, will finally be retired. :(

Last edited:
Back