Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,315 comments
A03EB343-E4BA-45F4-A656-AFD6401BB1AB.jpeg

The two Cotton games and Deathsmiles are technically misnomers as they aren’t exactly my ‘latest’ purchases; I preordered them from Strictly Limited back in February of last year, with a supposed shipping start date of June. It took until this week to arrive. Apparently that’s par for the course for them. Annoyingly Deathsmiles did get a full retail release shortly after, and both Cotton games are being bundled together in a single package which is due out on a few months. But hey, they’re here now, so… eh.

I ordered this graphic novel last week and it arrived yesterday. "I Want to be Your Doll" by Mira Ong Chua. I sat down to read it after work and immediately fell asleep. I haven't even cracked it open yet. But once I do, I know I'm going to love it. I'm a fan of the artist/writer. Everything she's done has been amazing.

52707574535_d31448a88c_c.jpg

Care to explain? I’ve never heard of that before.
Over the last few years, we’ve noticed more bee’s laid on the floor exhausted. We try and pick them up and find shade and flowers to let them settle so they can rest a while before flying off. It also stops people standing on them.

This little key chain has a small glass bottle with a cork in and it’s got some sugar water inside. If you find a bee in distress, you give them a drop from the bottle which they can drink and get some strength back and hopefully they can then fly away from danger and keep pollinating and looking after their hive.

Last edited:
Over the last few years, we’ve noticed more bee’s laid on the floor exhausted. We try and pick them up and find shade and flowers to let them settle so they can rest a while before flying off. It also stops people standing on them.

This little key chain has a small glass bottle with a cork in and it’s got some sugar water inside. If you find a bee in distress, you give them a drop from the bottle which they can drink and get some strength back and hopefully they can then fly away from danger and keep pollinating and looking after their hive.
That’s awesome.

I remember finding drowsy bumble bees in the street as a kid. Never really knew what to do other than move them from the footpath.
Some of them even did a little dance with their forearms, standing on their hind legs, which endeared me to bees for eternity.

Unfortunately hornets rule to roost here, but along with mosquitoes, they’re one of the few creatures I’m happy to contribute to their extinction by swatting.

I remember stopping off at a roadside honey bee collective in barren Gansu province after it’d been rocked by large earthquakes.
Some of the bees hitched a ride on or bikes and clothing until we got to the nearest village with flora, then took off to do their business.

I am not typically a comic book person, but I found these Marvel omnibus books that include all of the Alien(s) comics ever (there is a 4th book that will finalize the collection out next week, actually). They cost a small fortune, but still probably cheaper than getting them all individually considering some of them are from the early 80s.

20230303_141828.jpg

I am not typically a comic book person, but I found these Marvel omnibus books that include all of the Alien(s) comics ever (there is a 4th book that will finalize the collection out next week, actually). They cost a small fortune, but still probably cheaper than getting them all individually considering some of them are from the early 80s.

View attachment 1238260
Would you mind posting a sneak peek inside? My interest is piqued.

Would you mind posting a sneak peek inside? My interest is piqued.
Absolutely, please forgive the picture quality, used an old mobile phone.
Each book has very neat artwork when you remove the slip cover:
20230303_142024.jpg

The backside of Volume 1:
20230311_124139.jpg

Inside page and contents of Volume 1:
20230311_124219.jpg

20230311_124249.jpg

Each comic is separated by the original cover artwork, sometimes there are notes about the comic as shown top right here. The first comic ran in 1988, before Alien 3 was in theaters, so this note explains a discrepancy in the comic caused by that movie, noting that this comic was later changed but this book contains original printed comics.
20230311_124315.jpg

Each book has artwork and alternate covers throughout the book:
20230311_124328.jpg

20230311_124420.jpg

And the book opened to a random page to show a comic:
20230311_124549.jpg

I just bought my ticket to the next livestream by The Mads. It starts at 5:00 pm my time on Tuesday. I used to work evenings which meant I was buying the download only, unable to watch it live. Recently I was switched to dayshift, but as I left work at 5:00, I still missed a good portion of it. But my schedule has been adjusted a bit so I now leave at 4:30, which means I can now make it home in time to enjoy all of the show live.
9C06D3BF-F44B-4845-8D2B-365F8ECE6CBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Been updating my emergency backpack with food rations. Packing food for several days is pretty hard due to the weight and size of the usual food items - this is my solution, each pack has enough calories for a day yet it is small, its relatively light weight and has a shelf life of 6 years.

food1.jpg

I have that same memory card; to keep with the theming, the only things on there are the saves for my F1 / open wheel games. The PS1 has a treasure trove of delightfully-tacky-yet-oh-so-charming themed memory cards:

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back