Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,336 comments
Alfa Romeos came in today.

PSX_20240321_171812.jpg

IMG_9539.jpeg

My feline family members decided to shred my previous cheap cover, which has now been relegated to the bicycle.

This motorcycle cover is more heavy duty and has elasticated parts for a perfect fit.

I also bought some silicone wax polish to scrub out some of the scuffs and grot. I’m amazed that it actually worked considering how cheap it was, £2.50.

I shall be waxing my car with it tomorrow.

I also picked up a few new bicycle lights and I’m in the process of ordering some SPD shoes for riding.

I also grabbed a load of token goodies for my baby girl to enjoy through our mid term break. Not worth listing those though.

Definitely #1. 3 is too feminine and 2 got you lookin' like Hamburglar.

I know you already got this, but if you ever need a plunger in the future, the Bee Hive is the absolute best design on the market. One push is enough to quickly dispatch pretty much any clog. We had an issue in an office with a backpitched pipe, so as the only man in the building, I've unfortunately become familiar with several crappy rescue missions.
Reading the reviews has me sitting here with buyer’s remorse lol. People have nothing but good things to say about it.

Got this just today and it's been a long time coming too! Been searching for this CD for at least 4 or 5 years now and it didn't matter if I wanted to buy this CD or resort to things the AUP doesn't permit me to mention, I could never find decent rips of this version of "I Love This Bar" from this CD anywhere. However, recently, I finally found an eBay listing for it and while it was quite pricey, I got it and I am really glad I did.

So what's the big deal about this and why does it matter so much to me?
1. Well I have mentioned a couple of times I've been trying to replace a lot of the low-quality MP3s I've had for many years with ones of much higher quality. One of them just happened to be from this album and me being the picky person I am, I of course wanted to get it straight from the source. As I alluded earlier though, this was easier said than done and I could never find it for a long time and this only made me want it even more knowing I'd be the one to get lossless rips of it. Made even better by the fact it's an HDCD!
2. While some pictures of the cover exist on the internet, none of them are of decent quality, and by getting this, that means I'll be able to make better scans of it, which didn't exist before.
3. The length of this version of "I Love This Bar" just happens to be very similar to Cledus T. Judd's "I Love NASCAR" and I've wanted to swap the vocals to both for a while now. And since I now have lossless rips of both songs, I can do that! :dopey:
IMG_2213.JPEG

I wonder what that sticker is for. 🤔
IMG_2214.JPEG

IMG_2215.JPEG

Already made scans of the cover, even the backside of it, and I am listening to it as we speak. I am really glad I finally found this one and I can stop looking for it now. Pretty neat how this arrived today because a year and 2 days ago, I got these 12 CD's by him for an insanely cheap price and just like that day, today is also a good day! :) Rest in peace Toby! :cheers:

Last edited:
Driving north to visit family this weekend and it just so happens I’ll be driving through Virginia on Sunday. And I didn’t realize it until yesterday, but NASCAR is racing in Virginia this Sunday.
IMG_0027.jpeg

They have a special on the tracks website, where you can get 2 tickets in turn 1, 2 Papa John’s personal size pizzas, and drinks for $80. I’ve never been to Richmond Raceway so excited to check it out.

Last edited:
Went to a local place today and stumbled upon this "CD to put in my computer" while I was there 😄:
IMG_2220.JPEG

Being a fan of Lego Island 2 on PS1 over the years, I naturally wanted to play the first for a while but never got a copy of it until now. Was surprised to see it and while it doesn't work as is on Windows 10, at 50 Cent, I just had to get it since it was in great shape and was one I had been wanting. I think they have patches out there that can make it run on Windows 10 and if not, I can always use a virtual machine. (something I haven't done before)

This was a nice find and one I am glad to have! :)

IMG_4413.jpeg

I built a man cave for my 40th birthday present to myself back in September. Life got in the way, and I’m finally getting ready to close up the last wall. Plan was to write a letter, throw in a bottle of decent whiskey, and a real old chisel that a carpenter must have left in the wall - that I found when I demo’d the bathroom when we got this house in 2017. My house was built in 51’.

Plan is to crack open the wall in 50 years if I’m fortunate enough to live that long, or let it be found by someone else!

Last edited:
Been a while since I was able to make significant additions to my record collection. The last month has treated me quite well.

20240409_145454.jpg

Really, really stoked to get Like Water For Chocolate in particular. The one I have is apparently a harder-to-find re-release that was put on a funky looking Green-Turquoise vinyl, which is really cool. The Mobb Deep album was one that was kinda low on the priority list, but my local record shop was able to order it in, so I jumped on it.

And these are some of my more noteworthy game purchases as of late:

20240409_150226.jpg

Someone had traded in the Forza Steelbooks to my local game shop, and they were 100% complete in box and immaculate, so I copped those up right away. Racing Battle C1 is one I always wanted to try, so I orderd it from eBay last month. Only major issue is that the game is 100% in Japanese the entire way through, and the bright white backgrounds used for the main menus give Google Lens a hard time, so this one might be a bit of a challenge.

I also realized that by picking up both C1GP and Kaido Battle Legend, I inadvertently now own every TXR/TXR-adjacent game made for the PS2 in both the US and Japan. :dopey:

Last edited:
Mobb Deep album
Kind of a round about way of getting there but I just watched 8 Mile for the first time a few nights ago and one of the songs that is played had the line "I'm only 19 but my mind is old(er)", which I recognized from being in Hamilton. In looking it up, it was, obviously, Mobb Deep's Shook Ones, Part II. Funny that it would come up again.

Log that one away with the other pointless trivia I'm learning listening to the "1,001* Albums You Must Hear Before You Die".

*the updated list I'm doing has 1,089

TB
Kind of a round about way of getting there but I just watched 8 Mile for the first time a few nights ago and one of the songs that is played had the line "I'm only 19 but my mind is old(er)", which I recognized from being in Hamilton. In looking it up, it was, obviously, Mobb Deep's Shook Ones, Part II. Funny that it would come up again.

Log that one away with the other pointless trivia I'm learning listening to the "1,001* Albums You Must Hear Before You Die".

*the updated list I'm doing has 1,089
The extended (or maybe the original) soundtrack to 8 Mile as actually a really good record. I remember buying it in something like ‘07 and still remember it to this day.

Back