Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,330 comments
Got this Friday! It's the Australian Tour Edition of Shania Twain's album "Come On Over". This is one I originally considered last year, but I chose the Australian Special Edition instead.
View attachment 861454
It wasn't just for completion of course. I got this one mainly because I wanted the single mix of "God Bless The Child" since all I had of it was the one from "The Woman In Me", which was pretty much just a short acapella and nothing more. This one on the other hand is so much more and man was it worth it! It might just be one of my new favorites from her! I haven't even listened to the main CD yet, but I imagine it's more or less what I already have minus the 3 extra tracks from the special edition. Now if I can just get the Asian Tour Edition....
View attachment 861455
And arriving just today is this "That Don't Impress Me Much" promo CD. Been wanting this one for a while and I am glad to finally have it! Best of all, I got it for a pretty cheap price! (it's usually pretty expensive)
View attachment 861456
View attachment 861457
I have listened to both of them already. Remix #1 is more or less the same as the one you would hear on most of the international releases of "Come On Over" and her greatest hits CD. However, it's shorter and doesn't have that bit in the end where she says things like "what do you think you're Elvis or something?" or "You're Tarzan?" for instance. Weird.

Remix #2 on the other hand is MUCH more interesting! It's essentially a combination of both the original and the remix together and it's what made me want to get this CD. See for yourself. I read somewhere this one was on the original international releases before it was replaced with the dance remix like the one featured on the greatest hits album. Apart from that video, this is one I don't see very often at all. It didn't matter if I wanted to buy it or download it (you what I mean), I didn't have much luck finding it for a while and I am very glad to have it now!

While I hate I couldn't get these new like all the other ones I own, they seem just fine and I am quite happy with them!

Did some one already make the "that don't impress me much" joke :P

8033718_R_Z001A.jpeg
transferir.jpeg

A bit more vintage for me...

DGnaplasbat-2.jpg

When I was a kid, my Mum took me to a 'gaming fair', and it wasn't quite what I expected. It was basically all war games, and I wasn't really interested except for some of impressive dioramas and figures etc. My Mum bought me a game, which I subsequently ignored, as I had no clue how to play it or what it was about. Later, I would use the pieces inside the game to make my own board game - a cross between this and 'Grand Prix', which became my own version of the Tour De France. My cousin and I played it for days and it was great fun, even though it was incredibly dull. We used the dice from my D&D set for various different aspects of the 'race', and I kept a book of detailed facts and figures of various races which has long since vanished.

Anyway, a few years ago, I chanced upon a game called 'Napoleon's Last Battles', which it turns out is the game from which my game (which was called 'La Belle Alliance') was a part of. Once again, I forgot about it, but I've always wondered what the game was actually like and whether or not I could ever track the game down again and show more interest in it now that I realise what it actually is.

So, tonight, I found a copy of the game - not quite the 1976 original, but an equally cool (if not cooler) version published by TSR (who also published the original Dungeons & Dragons boxsets that I used to own as well) which contains the same maps and counters that I was looking for. So I snapped it up for £35, and hopefully will have it in a few days. It turns out the seller is in Scotland too, so I should get it quite quickly... he might also help me understand how to play the bloody thing.

It will be cool having a piece of my childhood back, even if it was not appreciated much at the time. It's also cool to know that 'Lef-Desn' was actually a real person, no less than a General in the Napoleonic wars... as opposed to the captain of the Carrera cycling team that he became in my imagination...)

=

edit: Or not. My order has been cancelled, and no reason given... though I suspect the seller just didn't remove the listing after having already sold it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
pic860217.jpg

Years after first playing this game, I finally bought the board game '7 Wonders' plus two expansion packs, in the (faint) hope that my nephew and my family might play it over Xmas. It was very expensive (the main game is quite reasonable, but the expansions are pricey for what they are)... but... the game itself is superb, and the expansions really add depth and more strategic elements to the game.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68448/7-wonders

For those who are interested in it but either don't want to pay a fortune or who may not regularly play board games (as it can be difficult to get enough people to play physical board games), then try this... it's available as a digital version now too:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/7-wonders/id530090434
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rprod.sevenwonders&hl=en_GB

While you can only play against AI offline, it also has online matchmaking (which I haven't used yet, but it is an option)...

The app(s) are an absolute steal. The game in the UK was only £4.99, and the expansions are just £1.99 each - meaning the entire game can be downloaded for less than £9. I've been playing it for hours already and I'm absolutely loving it - and for £9, I feel like I've already had my money's worth.

View attachment 866861

Years after first playing this game, I finally bought the board game '7 Wonders' plus two expansion packs, in the (faint) hope that my nephew and my family might play it over Xmas. It was very expensive (the main game is quite reasonable, but the expansions are pricey for what they are)... but... the game itself is superb, and the expansions really add depth and more strategic elements to the game.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/68448/7-wonders

For those who are interested in it but either don't want to pay a fortune or who may not regularly play board games (as it can be difficult to get enough people to play physical board games), then try this... it's available as a digital version now too:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/7-wonders/id530090434
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rprod.sevenwonders&hl=en_GB

While you can only play against AI offline, it also has online matchmaking (which I haven't used yet, but it is an option)...

The app(s) are an absolute steal. The game in the UK was only £4.99, and the expansions are just £1.99 each - meaning the entire game can be downloaded for less than £9. I've been playing it for hours already and I'm absolutely loving it - and for £9, I feel like I've already had my money's worth.
My brother in law just got Gloomhaven. We and another friend start play this Wednesday.
Love some board games with friends. These days I find them more entertaining than video games honestly. Hope you can get some of the family in on a game or 5.

Gloomhaven looks brilliant - though it strikes me as being like D&D was back in the day insomuch as you need a group of regular players to get into it. Hope you all enjoy it, and I hope you’ll post a review!

ftWIfDsh.png

gMcvEUOh.jpg

More Christmas shopping. Chromebook's for the next youngest sister, Minecraft is (technically an early birthday gift) for the youngest I'm bundling in with Christmas because I know she'd have bugged about it within an hour of opening the laptop.

IMG_20191119_193120.jpg
IMG_20191119_192939.jpg

Mint condition, 170€. 320€ new. The kit lens I bought with my Sony A58 can step aside now, first random test shots are great. Can't wait to do my first shoots with this one!

Edit: that went quickly. Arranged a shoot with a good friend on Thursday.

Last edited:
No pics on laptop as they're all on my phone. Slowly been collecting parts for my PC build this month.

NZXT H500 Black.
Sabrent Rocket NVME 1TB SSD.
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD.
Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD.
16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3200mhz ram.

No pics on laptop as they're all on my phone. Slowly been collecting parts for my PC build this month.

NZXT H500 Black.
Sabrent Rocket NVME 1TB SSD.
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD.
Seagate Barracuda 4TB HDD.
16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3200mhz ram.
You using the spun disk as back up and data warehousing?

Yup. Mainly for media. Using the SSD's as my main drives for OS/games etc,
If you have important stuff, pics, family videos, etc. Might be a good idea to snag a second 4tb drive and run it in mirror just to have that data backed up. Just had a hdd die on me. Luckily I only had game data on it. But I didnt have a back up so I lost some game saves. Always good to back up a drive with important stuff on it.

If you have important stuff, pics, family videos, etc. Might be a good idea to snag a second 4tb drive and run it in mirror just to have that data backed up. Just had a hdd die on me. Luckily I only had game data on it. But I didnt have a back up so I lost some game saves. Always good to back up a drive with important stuff on it.

I will be picking up another 4tb drive on black friday/cyber monday.

2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a 50s neck from Wildwood Guitars. This is actually a Wildwood Exclusive, they handpicked the top, worked with Gibson to create a custom color which is called Dark Cherry Burst, and had Gibson wind a set of custom humbuckers called '59 Tributes, which as the name implies, are supposed to recreate the sound from a set of '59 PAF humbuckers found in a '59 Les Paul.

129490332_lg1.jpg

129490332_lg4.jpg

129490332_lg5.jpg

IMG_20191120_151404.jpg

The last picture is one I just took, lighting is pretty bad so please excuse the quality. So far, I absolutely adore it.

@Parker Wow :drool:

My order has been cancelled, and no reason given... though I suspect the seller just didn't remove the listing after having already sold it. :rolleyes:

So it looks like I am going to get this after all :D The seller contacted me and has offered me the game for less than the original selling price. 👍 He's also offered me a related game for the same price, which I can take or leave, so that's pretty cool too.

2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard with a 50s neck from Wildwood Guitars. This is actually a Wildwood Exclusive, they handpicked the top, worked with Gibson to create a custom color which is called Dark Cherry Burst, and had Gibson wind a set of custom humbuckers called '59 Tributes, which as the name implies, are supposed to recreate the sound from a set of '59 PAF humbuckers found in a '59 Les Paul.

View attachment 867375
View attachment 867376
View attachment 867377
View attachment 867378

The last picture is one I just took, lighting is pretty bad so please excuse the quality. So far, I absolutely adore it.
Gorgeous.

I nearly bought a very similar looking one colour wise years ago just on the look of it even though my playing skills don't justify it. :lol:
I'm a firm believer that skill does not need to match price tag.

I'm currently saving up for a Martin that I will NEVER do anything more that sit at home and strum campfire songs on with.

My love for guitars exceeds my talent. By FAR. ;)

Back