Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,295 comments
If they were in an easier place to access I would give it a try. If I'm going to take them out of my rig, I'm going to replace them. I'm lazy. :lol:
Invite me and I'll fix them for you. :D

Anything (nothing) is worth the trouble for a friend. This doesn't sound right.

Last edited:
So after finding that CD I bought recently and discovering the seller had many more like it, it was only natural I would probably be buying more. So I did! :lol:

Got these for similar reasons to the last one I bought, Volume 279 was because it had a track I had in my library, but couldn't find another like it with decent sound quality. Volume 327 was because I used to have that song "Texas Plates" from this very album, but don't anymore and me being the ridiculously anal person I am, I wanted to get it again from the exact same album with better sound quality. Of course, it's not just limited to that, knowing these CD's are very cheap and will likely have lots of hidden gems in them like the last one I bought is another reason I got them. I could buy these CDX Volumes for days and part of me wants to splurge and buy MANY more of them from the seller.
IMG_0178.jpeg

IMG_0179.jpeg

Haven't listened to them much yet, but from what I have heard, it's better than expected! :D

I must admit though, I had quite an experience trying to rip Volume 279 because my families desktop computer for some reason was not ripping the last 4-5 tracks correctly and they wouldn't play right despite the disc being in good shape. Yet, when I went to my PS3 and my mom's laptop, it did perfectly fine. Not too sure what the issue was but I suspect my desktop's disc drive was not working correctly.

Last edited:
I feel like my G27/pedals are going to die any day now. I've felt this way for 3 years.

Despite the pedal not actually being pressed down, it blips 1-10% by itself all the time unless I let the pedal let off the pedal pretty hard and even then it doesn't always stop. And the wheel started making a click in it recently I've never heard before.

I've got nearly a decade of muscle memory with this bad boy and my biggest fear is having to get use to a different wheel and pedals set. :nervous:
All of my hours in Assetto Corsa were with two pedals, having to use the clutch threw all of my experience out of the window initially. :lol:

Having said that, I'm very happy with the new pedals - there's only so much a kitchen sponge behind the brake pedal can do in regards to improving progression. :lol:

The wheel does feel a bit heavier to turn than my old one, but the smoother feel has definitely made it more enjoyable.

The shifter isn't perfect (eg. it's very easy to slip from 4th to 1st), but it's made my experience significantly more enjoyable.

10/10 would buy again

For the past few years I've been patiently waiting for Sony WH-1000XM4 to drop down in price. A few days ago I was browsing through Best Buy's website and the Beats Studio 3 headphones on sale for $199.99 (was $349.99). I usually try to stay away from Camo print stuff but I couldn't pass up this deal. These are my very first Beats headphones and so far I am very pleased with them. I'm looking forward to future plane trips so I can put the active noise canceling feature of these headphones to the test.

20210421_102944.jpg

20210421_103033.jpg

20210421_103044.jpg

20210421_103223.jpg

20210421_103251.jpg

20210421_103139.jpg

Last edited:
I bought myself some new detailing kit in order to fix the paint on both my car and, more importantly, my wife's black car which is covered in swirls and holograms from the dealership incorrectly applying a paint protection product :banghead:

Ezl4YXgXMAMMPzd

A whole list of stuff has been purchased, put together and assembled!

2 new bookshelves from Ikea, one used for books, the other for holding my sim racing and flight simulation gear!
A headphone stand so I no longer just have them laying on my desk causing a mess
New Logitech computer speakers. My old pair where absurdly old and giant, so downsized a bit. I need to figure out how to raise the bass or lower higher ranges a bit on these but they'll do nicely
2nd computer monitor! MSI MAG241MVC. Curved, 1ms response time, 144hz, perfect for gaming, streaming and having enough space for my D&D character stuff spread out over it ^-^
Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless mouse K/DA editon and Logitech K/DA mouse pad. I was looking at a new gaming mouse, and decided to go wireless when I saw the K/DA editon cause tie in with league of Legends was like "ohhhhh I want"
20210421_161332.jpg
20210423_153012.jpg

Well 4K Battle Royale & Donnie Darko sets arrived and they are fantastic (DD has issues playing on some players so it looks like replacement disks will be sent out at some point)

D3D35E35-6D34-463F-8932-E4D4F9695CC6.jpeg

B7D8F73B-CE6E-460B-8236-28A72894ACAA.jpeg

And a new cup/mug from Japan arrived too. It’s one put out by a Jazz Kissa in the Aichi-Ken. Sano-San was kind enough to ship one out to me and added a little note on the back of a flyer. It’s a glass mug so nice and thick and weighs quite a bit too, however with pretty much everything domestic and Japanese it’s quite small. I can’t even get two fingers through the handle :D

5F0DF42A-27BE-4C01-AFED-C8694014AF21.jpeg

I finally bought the original movie version of 'The Wall' on Blu-ray, which is currently available on Amazon but otherwise was quite hard to find. Of course, it is no surprise given that Roger Waters is currently pushing his live stage version of 'The Wall', which is currently on Netflix. He also supposedly doesn't like the Alan Parker movie for a variety of reasons, and even though I am not a great fan of it, it still brings back a lot of memories having watched it many times in my youth... my Dad bought 'Another Brick In The Wall' around my 5th birthday, and the video/animations (which are all derived from this film) stuck with me, so watching the full movie in HD for the first time last night was a real trip down memory lane.

885083B8-6D40-4858-AEEE-2D27313591F5.jpeg

Even though my girlfriend is working from home with no definite return in sight, she's felt a bit isolated without a car since I sold my Audi.

So she bought a £500 Ibiza 1.4 with 12 months MoT and I've commandeered it for work today :)

rsz_20210503_182735.png

Having been diesel and turbo petrol for 2 years, I really have missed the pleasure of a naturally aspirated engine. Never gonna be quick, but you get what you put in and know where you stand.

VXR
I'm saving for an e46 330ci, but this is one of several BMWs that are also on the list. Love the special nature of it and that higher red line.

It's certainly a different kettle of fish to an I6 coupe. To be honest the 330Ci is going to be more enjoyable, more of the time, and a fair bit faster too, and with the issues the N45B20S has with eating itself, the concept of having to bounce around between 4,000rpm and 7,500rpm to have fun doesn't come without significant worry! I've been looking out for one for just over a year, plenty come up but you really have to be careful, the failure rate of the cylinder bores is ridiculously high. 500 came to the UK, there's less than 200 left, and it wouldn't surprise me if most of those that no longer exist were lost to massive engine repair bills. It's also evident that good quality servicing and repair is in short supply, with plenty of people reporting dealers not knowing what they're doing with it.

But... I'm a long-time BMW enthusiast, and a huge touring car fan... it's a no brainer, I accept its shortcomings, and love it anyway :D

It's certainly a different kettle of fish to an I6 coupe. To be honest the 330Ci is going to be more enjoyable, more of the time, and a fair bit faster too, and with the issues the N45B20S has with eating itself, the concept of having to bounce around between 4,000rpm and 7,500rpm to have fun doesn't come without significant worry! I've been looking out for one for just over a year, plenty come up but you really have to be careful, the failure rate of the cylinder bores is ridiculously high. 500 came to the UK, there's less than 200 left, and it wouldn't surprise me if most of those that no longer exist were lost to massive engine repair bills. It's also evident that good quality servicing and repair is in short supply, with plenty of people reporting dealers not knowing what they're doing with it.

But... I'm a long-time BMW enthusiast, and a huge touring car fan... it's a no brainer, I accept its shortcomings, and love it anyway :D

It's going to be sought after for sheer scarcity value to those of us of a BMW persuasion. It was rather frivolous of BMW to go that far with the engine and it saddens me that it was beset with these issues.

My first car was a six cylinder E36, so the 330 would be a homecoming of sorts. Trouble is, I have very specific tastes when it comes to interiors and Imola Red on Red or Alcantara in the 3.0 appear to be super rare. I've seen just one non-M3 with a special order Laguna Seca Blue interior and since one set popped up on Marketplace, I'm guessing it was ripped out of the same car.

My options with getting a BMW are quite open to other models for that reason.

Last edited:
VXR
My first car was a six cylinder E36, so the 330 would be a homecoming of sorts. Trouble is, I have very specific tastes when it comes to interiors and Imola Red on Red or Alcantara in the 3.0 appear to be super rare. I've seen just one non-M3 with a special order Laguna Seca Blue interior and since one set popped up on Marketplace, I'm guessing it was ripped out of the same car.

My options with getting a BMW are quite open to other models for that reason.

I had an E36 328i Sport, great car and easy to have fun with. If you got that kind of spec in mind, it can be tough going to find what you want. I was hoping to get the Si in Carbon black, since it was a special paint on the car, but I'd not trade hold out for it in the face of a lower mileage better serviced example, so I went with Sapphire black.

Latest Posts

Back