Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,251 comments
There I go adulting again. :boggled:

16232885251269042005390560977272.jpg

"28.5% coconut blossom sugar"

Looks so much better than Nutella though:
nutella_jar_ingredients.jpg
Indeed but coconut blossom sugar has a low GI. But I don't believe this. AFAIK, it has a GI almost as high as refined white sugar. Coconut blossom sugar is less unhealthy though.

Last edited:
Indeed but coconut blossom sugar has a low GI. But I don't believe this. AFAIK, it has a GI almost as high as refined white sugar. Coconut blossom sugar is less unhealthy though.

TBH it is pretty low for a sweet spread regardless, so I'd be in... if I could buy it anywhere...

TBH it is pretty low for a sweet spread regardless, so I'd be in... if I could buy it anywhere...
This is the first time I bought it and to my surprise it tastes almost the same as Nutella. The only difference is the coconut blossom sugar which tastes a little bit like caramel.

Still almost 30% sugar, no matter how you word it.

That’s not a criticism. My favourite pop has 30 grams of sugar per 300ml!

TB
LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Why are you bothered? I bet only the UK version has that sticker!

US version uses fusion to fit an American amount of extra sugar and fat in, I'm surprised it still has any flavour :P

Is Vegimite sweet?

Far from it. Salty and bitter with a hint of... beef broth? I don't know how to describe the latter spectrum but it's delicious in small quantities; like, the thinnest layer you can spread across bread. Don't go shoving a tablespoon of it in your mouth.

I’ve only ever tried Marmite, and that wasn’t to my liking, although Twiglets are my favourite Christmas food.

Yea I personally couldn't acquire a taste for Marmite either. Even if I wanted to give it a second go, I couldn't; it's been banned in Canada since 2014, I believe. Same goes for Vegemite and Irn-Bru.

High sodium content coupled with people's ignorance in how to consume it leads to sodium poisoning. Yay for societal sanctions.

Last edited:
If by "sample size" and "one teaspoon" you mean "the whole tub", then yes.

Clearly, the only way to enjoy it.

This is something I want to show off.

Hazelnut spread.

View attachment 1016726

These are the things you need to buy @TB. No adulting, working etc ... necessary. Only enjoyment.

This peaked my interest and I decided to check it out. €12.95 for 400g on their website.

:censored:in' 'ell! I miss European pricing :lol:

400g of Nutella costs $3.47 CAD, while 725g costs $5.97 CAD (currently $4.47 CAD due to Rollback). Yes, I understand that this is a "new" formula/smaller company but, Christ!

Last edited:
I’m trying to stay off sugar as much as possible. Not a fan of sweets anyway...
I quitt the daily soda drinking, not eating much chocolate. Once every blue moon I have some but I don’t need it...
I get fat fast when eating and drinking that stuff but more important it’s plain bs for my body. Took me a while to learn and accept though.
What I couldn’t stop yet is my craving for the fatty stuff. Sadly that’s kinda my sugar replacement. Need to get better control over that as well.
But to end this: I think sugar can be like a drug, like zigs and booze.
Still a long way to go for me, living more healthy.
Edit: Forgot to add: when I need to sweeten food a bit a use stevia.

Last edited:
This peaked my interest and I decided to check it out. €12.95 for 400g on their website.

:censored:in' 'ell! I miss European pricing :lol:

400g of Nutella costs $3.47 CAD, while 725g costs $5.97 CAD (currently $4.47 CAD due to Rollback). Yes, I understand that this is a "new" formula/smaller company but, Christ!
You have to remember that it is pure organic crap with organic a label and stuff. And when you buy stuff from Aman Prana, you support workers in poor 3rd world countries.

nutella.jpg

nutella 2.jpg

Oh, BTW it is Chris, not Christ. I'm not holy you know. :lol:

Bought and read a number of books recently. This isn't even all of the ones I've bought lol. Still have to read It's Not Like It's a Secret, but all the other ones have already been finished. I highly recommend Nottingham and One Last Stop. The Gilded Ones is also really good, but definitely Nottingham was my favorite of the bunch!
20210608_143514.jpg
20210608_002406.jpg
20210605_121323.jpg

Attachments

• 20210608_143514.jpg
    20210608_143514.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 5
Back