Show off your paints!

GetPhoto.ashx

About 90% done on this one, very happy with how it looks. Had to download some vinyls so i cant share it which sucks.

My first big paint I did is the classic Martini livery for the Alfa 155. I'll be the first to admit it's not perfect, but I am proud of it and it's gotten something like 40 downloads since I uploaded it yesterday.

zXsAwGh.jpg

GBvi0pt.jpg

My GT is DT770. I've got quite a few more paints up so feel free download them if you like them. A few are replicas (Hertz GT350, Speedhunters FRS - another I'm particularly proud of) and some original ones as well.

The thing that has always, always bothered me about Forza is that they offer racing bodykits for so many cars, but no fender flares. Which makes cars like that awesome 155 tribute look so much worse than they should.

^ A lot of great paint jobs in this thread. Keep up the good work. 👍

A few basic primitive paint jobs for now. I can also put these designs on any car you want if requested.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

1. Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Ripped paint job in many colors. Search Ripped

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

2. Mercedes 190e Ripped in many colors Search ripped

GetPhoto.ashx

3. 2015 Corvette Tiger paint job in several colors Pic from FH2 will be updated later. Search tiger

GetPhoto.ashx

4. 2 tone on many cars in many different colors. Search 2 tone

GetPhoto.ashx

5. Chevy Bowtie Emblem in several colors . You can get each individual design in any color. Search "Chevy Bowtie".

Last edited:
I just wish I had the patience to create designs like I used to back in Forza 3. I had hundreds and hundreds of hours making designs in that game. In fact I used to take requests for people and would make whatever they wanted from multiple sites. I love creating designs but I absolutely burnt myself out of design work after F3. This is the most time I have put into the paint shop since F3. I am trying to get back into it again. Its just there are so many things to do in F6 and so many great games. Just hard for me to sit in the paint job with so much else to do. I do still miss the storefront in many ways. Was so much easier to find friends paint jobs that way. :embarrassed:

Does anyone know a way to find ALL of a friends paint jobs or vinyl groups without having to search for each car? Really miss the storefront from F4. Also trying to learn to tune more.

Last edited:
still trying to find that balance between a livery that's too busy and one that's too empty

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx
These look great. The design is definitely there, though I would consider adding some sponsor decals depending on what series it's based on.

The best advice I found was to look at references and pay attention to where the primary and secondary sponsors are on the car. There can be big differences between different series. Some cars don't have many sponsors but it can be a good way to fill empty space.

I like these. I often have the same issue, either mine are way to busy or just plain boring (empty).

Yeah, that balance is so hard to strike. I keep wanting to add one more logo!

These look great. The design is definitely there, though I would consider adding some sponsor decals depending on what series it's based on.

The best advice I found was to look at references and pay attention to where the primary and secondary sponsors are on the car. There can be big differences between different series. Some cars don't have many sponsors but it can be a good way to fill empty space.

Thanks, I actually had to hold myself back from adding more sponsor decals for this. I keep wanting to add one more decal somewhere, but then I think it gets too busy. Though like you said, I do look at quite a few real world examples to get inspiration (or steal :) ) designs from.

Thanks, I actually had to hold myself back from adding more sponsor decals for this. I keep wanting to add one more decal somewhere, but then I think it gets too busy. Though like you said, I do look at quite a few real world examples to get inspiration (or steal :) ) designs from.
I think a few small simple ones couldn't hurt. The design looks more visually pleasing without them, but more realistic with them. Maybe a few on the sideskirt or along the top of the door would be convincing.

I wouldn't worry about it feeling dull. On older cars, paints were much more subtle and of a simpler nature. The best thing about your's is, it reminds me of the lovely green Puma GTO race mod from Gran Turismo :-).

A really nice paint.

Don't know where else to ask this question. Can you buy individual logos or designs? I can't find the option to do that anywhere.

I like painting cars, but there are logos I am not skilled (or patient) enough to make myself, so I would buy them from other people. In previous Forzas you could do this. Am I missing something?

Don't know where else to ask this question. Can you buy individual logos or designs? I can't find the option to do that anywhere.

I like painting cars, but there are logos I am not skilled (or patient) enough to make myself, so I would buy them from other people. In previous Forzas you could do this. Am I missing something?
When you're in the livery editor, go to apply a vinyl (like a square or circle, etc.) Press the 'select' button on your controller (the one that has the two squares overlapping one another), and from there, you can search for decals. Hope this helped. ;)

I think it's very good. Less is more sometimes :D
Agreed.

This is something I have to tell myself when messing with a livery, otherwise I tend to create a mess and I keep adding and adding.....yuck!

The BMW M3 Gt2 (Koons) is an example of a very busy livery that seems to work but IMO is over the top.

OK guys please don't laugh (hard)... This is my first livery in FM6, in FM5 I tried a couple but were just a couple of straight stripes I put on a Supra if I remember correctly.

It's a bit abstract so no logos or fancy brand stickers anywhere, It's also not fully simmetrical because boredom. I am also very impatient I would never be able to replicate a real world livery. Any way here it is I hope you guys don't puke much.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

If the Ford Fiesta xr2 was in Gran Turismo 2, here's what I would think the racing modification for it would look like:
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Like it? Want it for yourself? It's up on the storefront, available in 3 different color schemes: Red/Orange (pictured), Blue/Light Blue, Purple/Black. Use the keywords 'Fantasy' and 'Realistic', or just search my gamertag: A 1998 Jeep XJ

I did the same paint in forza 5 but revamped it for 6
replica of the 80s rolls royce paris to dakar rally car
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx
That must have been the most comfortable rally ever. :lol: Seems to be a pretty close match.

rolls-royce-rally-car-listed-at-200000-it-finished-the-1981-dakar-rally-photo-gallery_1.jpg

Back