Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments
Did you guys use the sub frame for the seat, like so you can slide it back and forth for friends? Or just the seat itself. That was my plan when i get to finnaly building my permanent rig.
The GT Omega seat I got came with sliders, so it does slide back and forth, with the intent of it being usable by other people. One reason I got that seat was I knew it was intended to fit on a sim rig like that. I'm impressed by people getting decent scrap car seats cheaply. I had a look at some and the cheap ones were in terrible condition, but the ones in nice condition cost the same as the brand new GT Omega. The only negatives I've experienced with the GT Omega are 1) it feels quite warm to sit on, not sure what it is about it that makes it feel so warm, and 2) there is a little bit of slop in the back tilt mechanism, so it moves a little bit when your back presses against it.

I'm impressed by people getting decent scrap car seats cheaply. I had a look at some and the cheap ones were in terrible condition, but the ones in nice condition cost the same as the brand new GT Omega.

My local Pick'n'Pull had a sale on all seats. I highly recommend 2010+ Mazda 3 seats since they are very nicely bolstered and somewhat common. Also, front passenger seats are often in much better condition (and lighter) than drivers seats.

Just bought this beauty off of a '09 Mazda3 from a junkyard over the weekend. Only $15, what a steal. Cleaned it up a bit, shampooed the upholstery. Now I just need to mount it to the aforementioned rig.

View attachment 813186

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/post-your-gt5-set-up-and-man-cave.133075/page-43#post-9138881

50 in plasma, hidden speakers and subwoofer
Been having this setup since GT5 Prologue came out...
My roommate at the time and i, we wanted a frame that would give us the experience of getting in and out the rig as if it was a formula one...

IMGP9609-XL.jpg

IMGP9607-XL.jpg

IMGP9610-XL.jpg

IMGP9631-XL.jpg

IMGP9604-XL.jpg

IMGP9605-XL.jpg

And:
IMGP9622-XL.jpg

Back then I intentionally looked for a BMW E30 seat for under $40 at the junk yard.

Did the measurements exactly the same as if it was in the real E30...

The above photos were taken at least 5 years ago, but since then we bought a house, and I just recently started GTS.

I got myself the G29 to play on my 75in, but haven't pulled out the setup yet... Still playing on the controller for a few more weeks...

I can't wait to get back into my trusty setup....

Forgot to give some details:
Samsung 49" 4K HDR Curved screen
SIMETIK K2 Chassis
Fanatec CSL
Clubsport inverted pedals
Fanatec shifter
Generic racing seat from pepboys
Logitech Z906
Buttkicker Gamer 2 under seat
And additional transducer attached to shifter
(To give transmission vibration effect)

View attachment 760957

Adjusted to 1:1 height to see gauges through the wheel
View attachment 760958

Mad props for using the E30 interior as reference... That should be the standard for everything lol...

All this seat talk has reminded me of a funny story. When I first built my rig, on more than a few occasions I sat down to race and then reached for my seat belt... :lol:

Did the same thing a couple of times....:)

Last edited:
I was going to buy an actual car seat for my set up, and amongst a lot of tatty options was an Audi cabriolet seat just like in my own car. It then dawned on me that having a side airbag still within it wasn't worth the risk of it going off and blowing me across the room! Luckily, on the same night was a racing seat for £30 and I collected it yesterday. I need to mount it on a wooden base, but it'll be an ideal budget solution.

rsz_20190806_211445.png

VXR
I was going to buy an actual car seat for my set up, and amongst a lot of tatty options was an Audi cabriolet seat just like in my own car. It then dawned on me that having a side airbag still within it wasn't worth the risk of it going off and blowing me across the room! Luckily, on the same night was a racing seat for £30 and I collected it yesterday. I need to mount it on a wooden base, but it'll be an ideal budget solution.

View attachment 841486
My Mazda seat still has its side curtain airbag. I disconnected the wiring and removed the box under the seat. Here's to hoping that'll do the trick

My Mazda seat still has its side curtain airbag. I disconnected the wiring and removed the box under the seat. Here's to hoping that'll do the trick

Yes, as long as you have the wires with the yellow connectors disconnected and do not ever attach them to a voltage source you will be fine. All passive SRS items have yellow connectors on them to alert mechanics that they are part of the passive SRS system, they are the only yellows connectors you will find on a car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/post-your-gt5-set-up-and-man-cave.133075/page-43#post-9138881

50 in plasma, hidden speakers and subwoofer
Been having this setup since GT5 Prologue came out...
My roommate at the time and i, we wanted a frame that would give us the experience of getting in and out the rig as if it was a formula one...

IMGP9609-XL.jpg

IMGP9607-XL.jpg

IMGP9610-XL.jpg

IMGP9631-XL.jpg

IMGP9604-XL.jpg

IMGP9605-XL.jpg

And:
IMGP9622-XL.jpg

Back then I intentionally looked for a BMW E30 seat for under $40 at the junk yard.

Did the measurements exactly the same as if it was in the real E30...

The above photos were taken at least 5 years ago, but since then we bought a house, and I just recently started GTS.

I got myself the G29 to play on my 75in, but haven't pulled out the setup yet... Still playing on the controller for a few more weeks...

I can't wait to get back into my trusty setup....

Mad props for using the E30 interior as reference... That should be the standard for everything lol...

Did the same thing a couple of times....:)

Wow, way cool!

I broke my last set up yesterday. Screws popped out. :guilty:

Also yesterday I saw an old desk/sewing machine stand. Somebody's trash is my treasure. The legs are suitably heavy. Replaced the top. Could look nicer but it will work.

Waiting for the paint to dry to try it out. :dopey:

20190807_195717.jpg

20190808_105029.jpg

Took me a week to get the pedals secure and angled comfortably. Very solid now.

The pedals are bolted to a baking sheet grill which hooks on to the foot bar on the steering frame. Then screwed onto a old cutting board. Resting on top of a 12x12 wood planter base. Angle is held by a piece of wood and 2 round plastic feet screwed into the planter base. Everything is on top of a foam utility mat. All stuff I had lying around.

20190811_092751.jpg

Attachments

• 20190808_201532.jpg
    20190808_201532.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Made a couple of changes since I last posted here. New TV, RGB lighting, and a white board for my race info. Also moved the pedals inside the bottom shelf to move the chair about a foot closer to the screen.
E8584CF7-F101-4E1C-B026-59B2B2ACA41A.jpeg

563E5E1B-2C42-45C5-8695-69B8C44CAD89.jpeg

FC3FE3B3-8416-401D-B41D-E806A53CC9D6.jpeg

1080p 32” Visio D Series
PlayStation 4
Thrustmaster T150
Ricmotech T150 Hard Mount Adapter
Thrustmaster T3PA Wide Pedal Set
Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter Add-on
Playseat Challenge

You have to disconnect the airbag connector itself for it to be fully deactivated. There’s a grounding pin within the connector on the airbag side that closes when it’s disconnected to prevent any static charge going through the circuit. Regardless, it still has an active thermal charge in the package so is never fully safe. The connector should be a pale yellow color or have a pale yellow portion to it.

Made a couple of changes since I last posted here. New TV, RGB lighting, and a white board for my race info. Also moved the pedals inside the bottom shelf to move the chair about a foot closer to the screen.
View attachment 864355
View attachment 864356
View attachment 864357
1080p 32” Visio D Series
PlayStation 4
Thrustmaster T150
Ricmotech T150 Hard Mount Adapter
Thrustmaster T3PA Wide Pedal Set
Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter Add-on
Playseat Challenge
I’ve got the Challenge too. It works a lot better than I was expecting from a glorified lawn chair!

A8B3BC3B-BA7C-4C1F-8CB6-323F2E598D1E.jpeg

Last edited:
full

Here is my rig for gt sport.
Don't mind my kid toys.
Playseat challenge
Fanatec cswb 2.5
Porsche 918 RSR wheel
Fanatec v3 pedals with performance mode
Thrustmaster TH8A
Butkicker
Drivehub

To play Sims:
Samsung q9 65 inch
Rift s
And a GTX 1080ti powered PC.

Last edited:
full

Don't mind my kids toys.
Playseat challenge
Fanatec cswb 2.5
Porsche 918 RSR wheel
Thrustmaster TH8A
Butkicker
Drivehub

To play Sims:
Samsung q9 65 inch
Rift s
Very nice setup! Does the buttkicker work pretty well with GT Sport? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one.

Very nice setup! Does the buttkicker work pretty well with GT Sport? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one.
Thanks. The best I can get while living in a small apartment lol. Butkicker works great. I bit of overkill. You'll have to turn it low or it shakes every bone you have. If you're on PC simhub is a must. Feels very realistic.

Thanks. The best I can get while living in a small apartment lol. Butkicker works great. I bit of overkill. You'll have to turn it low or it shakes every bone you have. If you're on PC simhub is a must. Feels very realistic.

What does the Buttkicker do? I have a Bose 6.1 surround sound system with a subwoofer right now.

If you have an AV system try and feed a Buttkicker (or similar) directly from the Sub out, as you get much more low end transmitted that way.

I run my tactile rig that way and it makes a massive difference having the true LFE feed into it.

Do you have a photo of it mounted it to your Playseat challenge?

This setup looks strangely familar. 👍

Its almost just like mine.:cheers:

full

Don't mind my kid toys.
Playseat challenge
Fanatec cswb 2.5
Porsche 918 RSR wheel
Thrustmaster TH8A
Butkicker
Drivehub

To play Sims:
Samsung q9 65 inch
Rift s

Hate to break it to you but thats not a sim you're playing there.

But seriously, do you have anything to stop the wheel moving back and foward in your setup?

I did a piece of wood flat on floor. Bolted the pedals. Bolted some pipes vertical to mount wheel.
Chair plus me keeps it from moving.
Did the tv stand the same way. Total investment minimal, big step up from what I had before.
2F7E1491-B42D-4B3B-AA50-EB498F007EE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back