Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments
IMG_20180911_153959.jpg

Been serving very well. Wrong game though!

Here's mine.

A little homemade rig made out of an old piece of my kitchen counter I found in the garage. Simple lumber stand and some brackets to make her sturdy.

I added the bungee cords to the pedals yesterday and that made all the difference. As you can tell I have an old Driving Force GT from like 10 years ago and the pedals were crap. I was always a second or more off my DS4 pace not to mention I'd spin out every few laps because the throttle had almost no resistance. Also the brake had no deadzone and was super sensitive so I had to hover my foot over the brake which got very uncomfortable and tiring and made it near impossible to ease on and off the brake. Now after adding the bungees I've matched my pace and am even slightly faster and more consistent on the wheel! Let's just hope the bungees don't rip the pedals out. I'll unhook them when I'm not using it, but I just realized I forgot to today. The only thing now I struggle with is keeping control when I catch the dirt and then getting back on the track after a spin out. It seems once i catch the dirt that's it, it's very tough for me to recover. And sometimes it can take 10-20 seconds for me just to get back on the track so that's race over lol.

I still need to make one minor adjustment. The base is a tad warped so it rocks a little, right now I stick a few pieces of leftover wood under the front of it and it's perfect, so I just need to cut those and attach them permanently so it's easier to move around when I'm not using it.

As you can see the bracket on the base worked out perfect for adding the bungees to!

Thrustmaster T300RS GT. Custom collapsible wooden stand. A random old swivel computer chair. Just take the 2 bottom big bolts out of the legs and it all folds up and fits into a closet.

20190228_193925.jpg
20190228_193937.jpg

Some pics from my build
20180101_193017.jpg
20180101_193027.jpg

The TV is on the ground because my roommate bought a stupid big 70" TV that was too wide for our old stand.

Edit: it was late and I screwed up the brand and name of my wheel

Last edited:
I've just placed an order for the Rseat N1.
Also have a shiny new LG C7 being delivered tomorrow to sit proudly on the TV stand.

The decision of a new wheel is causing me to spend far too much time watching youtube videos. :irked:
But I'm going to have to make the call very soon.

So with that in mind, perhaps I'll post a pic. or 2 in about a week when everything is delivered and set up.
'Says he'll post in about a week ... takes 18 months'
Pffft, who's counting? :lol:

Anyway, I came across some pics and figured it was time to post.
Unfortunately I can only find a rubbish phone pic. of it all setup, but so be it. :indiff:

So, I got the RSeat N1 rig. (outstanding bit of kit)
Add-ons include the shifter mount, buttkicker mount, and keyboard tray.

For the equipment I went with Fanatec.
V2.5 base, V3 pedals plus dampers, XBox CSL wheel (PS4 version unavailable), F1 carbon wheel, and SQ Shifter.
Running through the Drivehub of course for GT Sport.

TV is an LG 55" OLED C7, sitting on the RSeat TV stand.
Sound is via a Bose Soundtouch 300 sound-bar, with sub and rear surrounds.
And of course the PS4 Pro, with a badly under-used PSVR collecting dust.

Only regret is that I still haven't taken the plunge on the buttkicker.
When I was originally looking the Gamer2 wasn't available in Aus. for ages, although it is again now.
But I think I would prefer the Pearl THMP1 if I can find one.

33569257318_3bf7fd6d4b_c.jpg

46530028155_7b922e5ed3_c.jpg

46722279714_f1788f1981_c.jpg

'Says he'll post in about a week ... takes 18 months'
Pffft, who's counting? :lol:

Anyway, I came across some pics and figured it was time to post.
Unfortunately I can only find a rubbish phone pic. of it all setup, but so be it. :indiff:

So, I got the RSeat N1 rig. (outstanding bit of kit)
Add-ons include the shifter mount, buttkicker mount, and keyboard tray.

For the equipment I went with Fanatec.
V2.5 base, V3 pedals plus dampers, XBox CSL wheel (PS4 version unavailable), F1 carbon wheel, and SQ Shifter.
Running through the Drivehub of course for GT Sport.

TV is an LG 55" OLED C7, sitting on the RSeat TV stand.
Sound is via a Bose Soundtouch 300 sound-bar, with sub and rear surrounds.
And of course the PS4 Pro, with a badly under-used PSVR collecting dust.

Only regret is that I still haven't taken the plunge on the buttkicker.
When I was originally looking the Gamer2 wasn't available in Aus. for ages, although it is again now.
But I think I would prefer the Pearl THMP1 if I can find one.

33569257318_3bf7fd6d4b_c.jpg

46530028155_7b922e5ed3_c.jpg

46722279714_f1788f1981_c.jpg
That's one heck of a kit !! Have fun :)

Thrustmaster T300RS GT. Custom collapsible wooden stand. A random old swivel computer chair. Just take the 2 bottom big bolts out of the legs and it all folds up and fits into a closet.

View attachment 803038 View attachment 803039

Some pics from my buildView attachment 803040 View attachment 803041

The TV is on the ground because my roommate bought a stupid big 70" TV that was too wide for our old stand.

Edit: it was late and I screwed up the brand and name of my wheel

Just bought this beauty off of a '09 Mazda3 from a junkyard over the weekend. Only $15, what a steal. Cleaned it up a bit, shampooed the upholstery. Now I just need to mount it to the aforementioned rig.

20190408_180202.jpg

Has anyone got a Playseat Evolution or challenge??

I was going to get a playseat challenge, largely for portability, as I play in the kids playroom at night when they are in bed, so I have to get my wheel out of there so they dont trash it in the day.

I was wondering how easy to move the Evolution was, it looks so much more comfortable etc, but no point in me getting it, if its really difficult to move around.

Thanks

Has anyone got a Playseat Evolution or challenge??

I was going to get a playseat challenge, largely for portability, as I play in the kids playroom at night when they are in bed, so I have to get my wheel out of there so they dont trash it in the day.

I was wondering how easy to move the Evolution was, it looks so much more comfortable etc, but no point in me getting it, if its really difficult to move around.

Thanks

I can only tell you my experience with Playseat Challenge. I have two (when a friend comes over) and I am very happy with them. You dont have any pipe between your legs like Evolution and it is very easy to fold and unfold. When it is folded it takes very little room and it can be stored in a closet for example. Also it is very comfortable and you can adjust it a lot to your liking. I recommend to watch review by Inside sim racing on Youtube.

I can’t help but notice those lefty clubs. Are those CBS and AP2s that I spot over there?

Good eye my friend, they are indeed, 712 CB’s and 710 AP2’s. Golf season is just around the corner, I can’t wait! :cheers: :)

Man, if only VR worked for all races, that would be perfect for a production car race around the 'Ring at night. Good job, @Pigems!

Thanks man, it was a fun build. I went for road car placement with the shifter because that’s what it will mostly be used for, I probably won’t use it much for actual racing as I’m faster with paddles and left foot braking. It would definitely be good for VR, I hope to someday get the VR kit and a ButtKicker, it would be a pretty fun experience to have them all together in one package. :)

Last edited:
I can only tell you my experience with Playseat Challenge. I have two (when a friend comes over) and I am very happy with them. You dont have any pipe between your legs like Evolution and it is very easy to fold and unfold. When it is folded it takes very little room and it can be stored in a closet for example. Also it is very comfortable and you can adjust it a lot to your liking. I recommend to watch review by Inside sim racing on Youtube.

What a superb link! Thanks. Bugger all work getting done today now :D

Back