Show us your Gran Turismo racing set-up

• Thread starter Famine
  • 817 comments
View attachment 880109 View attachment 880110 View attachment 880117 View attachment 880118 After 30 years with a pad I finally took the plunge a couple of months ago and it’s absolutely transformed my gaming experience more than I ever thought it would, the Playseat Challenge is a great setup too but I’m already thinking about upgrading, I’ve seen the Evolution and Revolution but that bar in between the legs looks off putting so if anyone has any recommendations I’d appreciate it

I think that looks really good.
For me also, getting my in car viewpoint right by working on my setup made a uuuuuge difference.
Imo screen height to wheel height to eye height makes a big difference.
I don’t find I see the slope of the track correctly if it’s off.

Nice setup. What monitor stand is that? Looks like it pairs well with the Playseat. I've just got mine tucked under a desk at this point with the monitor sitting on top.
7D1AE79C-AE47-4ECB-A879-25B170152BFE.png
CCA05307-FB90-4801-B01B-6724AAE76431.png
Just a bog standard £20 computer desk off eBay, it’s a perfect fit for my tv stand too

View attachment 880109 View attachment 880110 View attachment 880117 View attachment 880118 After 30 years with a pad I finally took the plunge a couple of months ago and it’s absolutely transformed my gaming experience more than I ever thought it would, the Playseat Challenge is a great setup too but I’m already thinking about upgrading, I’ve seen the Evolution and Revolution but that bar in between the legs looks off putting so if anyone has any recommendations I’d appreciate it
Wait! Are you sure you want to let go the most back-friendly seat ever made? The only minus for me is that the screen dashboard may vasnish behind the wheel base, corrected by lifting the tv a bit. Seriously good seat!

upload_2020-1-9_15-20-11.png

legitimately the setup of envy

It makes it so much easier to race when you don’t have to unpack/repack everything up when you want to race. :)
Totally. It’s actually set up off to the side under my desk in the living room. So it’s semi-permanent and I don’t really have to move it. But it’d be nice to have that desk back and to not have a big racing setup taking up space when I have company over.

Think I’ve posted before, but this is my actual setup and where it’s positioned. Minus the g29 which is the t300 now.

5CB7DDFA-3FF1-49CF-BDB3-76B46B275D4F.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to upgrade but I might wait until the new consoles are released to see what my options are. The playseat challenge looks very tempting. My wheel stand for the G29 moves around too much when I turn hard, also my Ikea chair is slowly falling apart. Not long ago some of the bolts came lose and my ass fell to the floor while playing GTS. Also my G29 has many miles on it, so it's starting to get some wear and tear. The paddles aren't as responsive as they were before.

I think my projector setup is starting to wear off on me too, it's easy on the eyes but the room has to be pretty dark and gaming is hard on projector bulbs. I only have it because it came with the house I bought last spring. Eventually I want to get a massive TV for my man cave.

Last edited:
I think it is nearly time for me to upgrade. The dining room chair & TV tray isn’t cutting it any longer (the dining room chair is a recent upgrade from a lawn chair). At least the PS4 is connected to a 60” Sony 4K HDR screen. I might have finally grown tired of repositioning the TV tray on straightaways. Perhaps it’ll be what it takes to get me the A+ DR?

Looks amazing man. How’s that proper seat treating you?
It’s absolutely fantastic, the rig is solid personified and I’m having a blast with it, I loved the Playseat Challenge as my first seat and I’d recommend it to anyone who feels like dipping a toe in the proper set up malarkey, but this is sooo much better, more so the fact you don’t have to be Simone Biles to get in and out of it:D

It’s absolutely fantastic, the rig is solid personified and I’m having a blast with it, I loved the Playseat Challenge as my first seat and I’d recommend it to anyone who feels like dipping a toe in the proper set up malarkey, but this is sooo much better, more so the fact you don’t have to be Simone Biles to get in and out of it:D

I have always thought the seating position in the Playseat Challenge looked a bit awkward.

Here is my set up, pretty basic but it does the job, G29, trak racer FS3 wheel stand and a $10 camping chair from Bunnings. Takes about 5 min to set up and pack away witch keeps the wife happy.

does that chair not move about when you’re racing ?

does that chair not move about when you’re racing ?
Not in gt sport because you don't need much pressure but in other games it does. I adjust the brake saturation to compensate. Must work out a way to secure the chair to the stand or buy a mat

Not in gt sport because you don't need much pressure but in other games it does. I adjust the brake saturation to compensate. Must work out a way to secure the chair to the stand or buy a mat

Cant you connect the wheel stand to the chair somehow at floor level?? Maybe some metal, wood, wire ties, duct tape, etc????

Cant you connect the wheel stand to the chair somehow at floor level?? Maybe some metal, wood, wire ties, duct tape, etc????
A piece of timber or a sheet of ply is probably the best option, you would be supprised how little it does move when racing. The issue at the moment is that i need to be able to pack it all away because it is in the main lounge room, i will look at something more permanent when i set up the second TV

Back