• Thread starter Cerebus
  • 2,431 comments
Always trashy never classy
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oui bro, I don't think you're using PAN3 Mode on the photo menu, are you ? It makes quite a diference in my opinion.
Use PAN mode 3, zoom/focus on car. reduce F (depends on proportion of car on picture, bu usually i just use 1.0 - 2.0). Increase the speed shutter drastically to 1/60. You'll get the sense of speed from a blured background and a clean focused car.

Last edited:
Cheers for that advice :) really helpful since I have literally no idea about adjusting those settings!

No problem, man, I think we've all been there to some extent. I know I've been, and keep trying to improve a bit with every photo.
I higly recomend that you read through this here (there's a considerable amount of info there, just read through the essentials and go from there):
(It's from GT5 but its equall to GT6)
(MAIN THREAD)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-gt6-photomode-faq-tutorial-depot.287344/

BASIC GT Photo mode FAQ's here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...t-answers-to-questions-here.131913/#Tutorials

"Camera Menu - This is the big one. Press Triangle to bring it up, and a variety of options appear:
(...)
Panning - This setting is available only in Replay Photomode. Another quote from gran-turismo.com:◦Mode 1: The camera stays in a fixed position and turns to follow the car. Because the car's distance from the camera varies, this can cause it to blur slightly.
◦Mode 2: The camera moves with the car. When taking a photo of a cornering or spinning car, focus will be centred on the middle of the car, which can cause the front and rear to go slightly out of focus.
◦Mode 3: The camera moves with the car, and is positioned face-on to the front of the vehicle. This allows you to take a photo where the car is sharply in focus, and only the background becomes blurred
(...)
F-Number - The effective Depth of Field (DoF). A smaller F-Number will have only a small portion of the image in focus, the higher number will have more. To cover the range, and illustrate the differences, here is an example of a 1.0 setting, and here's an example of a 45.0 setting.
•Shutter Speed - In GT5, shutter speed affects the amount of motion blur in the image. In Photo Travel this will be seen in the background commotion; on the track, it can show movement of cars and wheels more effectively to bring the sense of speed. The range in-game is 1 second to as fast as 1/8000th of a second. Replay Photomode is not capable of anything slower than 1/60th, however. The Camera Menu option allows adjustments of the ten-thousandth; the Parameter option has the popular steps.
•Exposure - Control how light or dark you want your shot to be, basically. From -5.0 (black... with tail-lights!) to +5.0 (sun... is exploding!)."

G'Luck :
;)

Panning - This setting is available only in Replay Photomode. Another quote from gran-turismo.com:◦Mode 1: The camera stays in a fixed position and turns to follow the car. Because the car's distance from the camera varies, this can cause it to blur slightly.
◦Mode 2: The camera moves with the car. When taking a photo of a cornering or spinning car, focus will be centred on the middle of the car, which can cause the front and rear to go slightly out of focus.
◦Mode 3: The camera moves with the car, and is positioned face-on to the front of the vehicle. This allows you to take a photo where the car is sharply in focus, and only the background becomes blurred

Thank you!!:bowdown::bowdown: I've been wondering what those modes were since...forever. ;) Thanks again!👍👍

Man, thanks for taking the time to put that together, should help me bigtime! Going to have a play about tonight and see what I can come up with :)

Actually being a photog who shoots drifting has it's advantages lol
15923464296_21864285d8_o.jpg

15947295511_a618321fe5_o.jpg

15948588082_4602772dbd_o.jpg

15761838808_ff6f3eedd7_b.jpg
No way man! I am following you on IG. @Ericg1512 Definitely an inspiration for my photography! I made it to ECB for media this year which was a blast! Keep up the awesome work.

No way man! I am following you on IG. @Ericg1512 Definitely an inspiration for my photography! I made it to ECB for media this year which was a blast! Keep up the awesome work.

Ahaa that's awesome dude, thanks so much that actually means a lot to me that my work inspires someone. Congrats on ECB too! If you're not a regular or shooting for something important getting a pass for ECB and the other big events is no easy task. DO you have a flickr or somewhere your photos are organized? I wanna see all your ECB coverage.

I actually do have a flickr, but I kinda slack putting images up :banghead: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77866014@N05/with/15900281665/ And your welcome! I need to work on panning :boggled: I think that is my main struggle right now. And yeah ECB was a blast!

Tuck your elbows into your waist and get a lens with good IS, you'll bang off shots at 1/25 like it's nothing. Really I went from struggling at 1/40 to hitting every 1/20-25 I took. And why haven't I seen your stuff on the Clubloose Media page!?!?!?!?!? If you wanna come back you gotta get your stuff up there! Put your ECB coverage into an album on Flickr and post the link here, I'll accept your join request if I see it. Just say you didn't even know that page existed and by chance I let you know over GTplanet or something so no one yells at you for being a just a few weeks late lol

Tuck your elbows into your waist and get a lens with good IS, you'll bang off shots at 1/25 like it's nothing. Really I went from struggling at 1/40 to hitting every 1/20-25 I took. And why haven't I seen your stuff on the Clubloose Media page!?!?!?!?!? If you wanna come back you gotta get your stuff up there! Put your ECB coverage into an album on Flickr and post the link here, I'll accept your join request if I see it. Just say you didn't even know that page existed and by chance I let you know over GTplanet or something so no one yells at you for being a just a few weeks late lol
:cheers: Thanks for the tip man! And I actually don't have facebook. :lol: So yeah... :nervous: This weekend I am going to 100dod at summit point, so I will practice some panning! 👍

:cheers: Thanks for the tip man! And I actually don't have facebook. :lol: So yeah... :nervous: This weekend I am going to 100dod at summit point, so I will practice some panning! 👍

Well at least put your stuff in an album so I can get it to Kevin and Tim, they're always looking for good work coming out of Clubloose. You're work will more than likely be shared by Clubloose as well if you're cool with that

Well at least put your stuff in an album so I can get it to Kevin and Tim, they're always looking for good work coming out of Clubloose. You're work will more than likely be shared by Clubloose as well if you're cool with that
Yeah man that would be awesome! I will work on getting that done.

Back