Sierra challenge Nismo GT-R

• Thread starter croozer_63
  • 108 comments
My grandson & I have improved our scores in the Sierra Nizmo challange. Michael (MYCS_CO_ZA) managed 2,944.946 points & I (Toppy_Joe) at 75 y/o fossel is very happy to attain 2,126,244. As a matter of interest, has anyone broken 3,000,000 yet. I think that 3,000,000 must be very close to actual maximum attainable. What is the current maximum score to date. I only know of ZZZ pt who has a score in excess of 2,900,000. Personally, the uniqueness of this challange warrents its own leader board as the seasonal time trials have.

I'll tell you what... Save a replay, play it, stop it, go into the photo mode (press X and choose photo) and instead of rolling the camera around the car, go up or down the road, where all those other cars supposed to be... There is nothing, so the game doesn't have cars on the road for the whole time. I think is putting them in front of you based on some criteria's like speed or how often you hit turbo (by the way, the next car after turbo is always gonna try to stop you.. no turbo, mostly no bumping). Try not to touch the GT-R's, because that will be an instant fail. They will bump into other cars and they do not necessarily choose the correct line thru the rain. I managed 2,685.xxx so far, multiple times into the 2,6xx.xxxish and I still can't understand the way they've "coded" this event. I am curious to watch a replay of 2,9xx.xxx points to see where the last passed cars are coming from, because no matter how fast you go at the beginning, or how many cars you are passing in the first half, somehow, towards the finish line, you get the same amount of passes giving the speed you are driving with. It is a little confusing when you get an "early" pattern of cars, because all the passing points are changing and some of those cars behavior is quite unpredictable. There are also 2 different general patterns when, towards the end (the long left follow by a right and some tight lefts up the hill) it's raining or it's dry.

Last edited:
First, I don't see any evidence to support the idea that going 3/4 speed for the first stage allows for more cars to be overtaken over the rest of the race. There ARE times where it would SEEM that this is true, but repeated testing of the theory proves that it just simply is not a given.

I had been hitting Nos at the start after reaching second gear, trying to alter the times in which I reached AI cars to avoid having to overtake them at certain corners. The AI cars were ridiculous in their blocking.

I tried the 3/4 thing once, and the AI were more predictable and much easier to overtake. I even bettered my high score by several hundred thousand. I don't believe there were more cars to overtake, but their lines were much more stable.

Final thought: I think it's absolutely retarded that the AI can wreck a perfect run by colliding with me FROM BEHIND!!! They can be as squirrelly as they want to be so long as I can see them in front of me. As far as I'm concerned, it's all skill on my part in avoiding them. But taking me out from behind is total BS and a serious flaw in this event!!

I couldn't believe it when this happened to me. The second time it happened was still a surprise. Especially so when you've overtaken the car involved 10 seconds earlier and you're busy being blocked by another. The 3/4 start really did help with the predictability of the AI though.

CWd6gW0.jpg
LkFprMm.jpg

There are 2 different runs to start with, before anything else. First one has 64% wet at the top of the hill (never 100% during the event) and the end is dry... The second one has 100% wet at the top of the hill (approximately half the challenge) and has wet last sections. The first one gives you the best scores. I was able to get under 9 minutes at the finish line (8.57 ish) with a dry last section. It is room for improvement....

Last edited:
Very nice!👍

My best was a 2,639,730, and it took me quite a few more attempts than 10!!!:ill::dopey::D

@zzz_pt has done a 2,924,433,👍:bowdown: which is listed in the other Sierra thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sierra-time-rally-round-4.320065/page-3#post-10262593

And @Vic Reign93 👍:bowdown: has done a 2,859,316, shown earlier: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sierra-challenge-nismo-gt-r.320070/#post-10253190

Respectfully,
GTsail

For the first score, how did he get 980 000 points for 92 sec left on the clock, when you only get 10 000 points for each second?
If 92 is correct then his total should be 2,864,433 points and if total is correct then he ran with 98 seconds left on the screen....

Last edited:
Nice one F1jocker12
I've now done 2626kms on this circuit which is roughly over 200 tries cos I still haven't finished a clean race . Stage 7 max and 40 "overtake" . How come I never had the 64% wet on top of the hill ? I always come across the 100% !
BTW , my version of the game says 45 turns according to the arcade informations in the training part " solo " .

Nice one F1jocker12
I've now done 2626kms on this circuit which is roughly over 200 tries cos I still haven't finished a clean race . Stage 7 max and 40 "overtake" . How come I never had the 64% wet on top of the hill ? I always come across the 100% !
BTW , my version of the game says 45 turns according to the arcade informations in the training part " solo " .

last night highest scores

cMqhmha.jpg

TZ7XhgR.jpg

Only by looking at the map shows more than 45 turns... I've watched one of the replays and counted the turns...

I have 4300 miles to date on Sierra, probably 3500 of them in the GT-R (5630 km = 3500 miles).

Here is the replay for 2,771,xxx points.... Between 5.50 and 6.00 behind the car replay and 14.50 to 15.00 on general view, its 60%, goes up to 82% at the end of the first bridge, and than goes down to 0%.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video F1jocker12 . Very nice drive . I'm gonna drive another 2700kms to be able to finish this race .

Thanks for the video F1jocker12 . Very nice drive . I'm gonna drive another 2700kms to be able to finish this race .
You've probably already noticed at the beginning of the video, I saved a lot of replays of this event... every time I go for 6 or 7 clean ones, with maybe 25 to 30 missed because of mistakes when I push to I study the effect of changing use of the turbo option. When I crash, I stop right away and restart. If you nail it, you can only try it twice or three times, but learning different lines around different cars at different times takes time and practice. I do have a feeling the game doesn't give you the option to score more than 3 mil points. In case you are too fast, the coding will confuse you by using 2 or 3 cars to block the road and slow you down (breaks a learned pattern if you practice it a lot and will try to lead you into a mistake) or spreads out the cars, on the road, gives you empty long lines then suddenly agglomerates the track in front of you. If you noticed, with the outside camera, is obvious how some cars slow down dramatically and cut you off in certain narrow corners, to make you switch into an error by giving you the bait of an open inside of the turn or viceversa. Some of other cars read your approaching line at a high speed and start moving erratically for the same reasons. This kind of behaviour is meant to break down your confidence, but once I had a good score in the bag, I was able to constantly push to learn with no fear of losing the combos... and now I'm hunting for those GT-R's. I see them on the road and I feel a scared chicken running for its life. They bump into other cars only to avoid the inevitable when I'm closing in. Some replays online show they will repass if you give them the opportunity. I know for sure, the one with green rims is nasty and tried to closely follow me few times, until I made another pass...

Last edited:

Thanks for the tips . Got to stage 8 this morning .It's my only goal at the moment " Finish the Circuito de la Sierra "

^^^^I know the feeling!:ill:

Yesterday I spent two hours trying to better my score with no success, and experienced numerous crashes similar to your gif:tup:

Mostly, I crash into the AI who love to get in my way.:banghead::yuck:

Maybe I should use the brake pedal more:idea:.........................naaaa..........full throttle is much more fun:).................right up until the crash!:dopey:

See you on Sierra!
GTsail

^^^^I know the feeling!:ill:

Yesterday I spent two hours trying to better my score with no success, and experienced numerous crashes similar to your gif:tup:

Mostly, I crash into the AI who love to get in my way.:banghead::yuck:

Maybe I should use the brake pedal more:idea:.........................naaaa..........full throttle is much more fun:).................right up until the crash!:dopey:

See you on Sierra!
GTsail
It's funny because this gif rolls over and over again, exactly like my commitment for that challenge. I've tried to change the pattern a little and improved my times with the Fiat, VW and Ferrari.... and started a separate thread for best results... Ferrari total time is incredibly close to GT-R's time but much easier because has less opponents and no rain, as we all know way too well now...

Could have been better, but still nerve racking.

I passed 50 cars, used 75% of nitrous. Didn't drift or anything to get extra points. Lap time was short of 8:15.

image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back