Silverstone Might be Coming to GT Sport This Month

Yes I would love to see something like Brooklands recreated. How do you get the rights to that? From the local council or shire there?

I believe that Mercedes own the actual track, so the rights would lay with them.

You could scan the track, but there are sections missing where roads were cut through during WWII to provide better access to the aircraft factories and subsequently for development. Here is some drone footage of the track

At about 7:40 you see the infield of the track, this is Mercedes World, you can go there and do high speed driving / skid pan etc

If they were to re-create it for a game I guess they could scan whats left and then join the bits together.

As much as Brooklands has a place in UK motorsport history, I don't think it would be that fun, even if they had the Campbell circuit layout.
They would be better to concentrate on current circuits - Thruxton, Snetterton, Croft, Oulton Park, Cadwell, Donington etc. If they wanted cheap they could look at the smaller venues - Castle Combe, Pembrey, Anglesey, Mallory Park, Lydden Hill etc.

The tracks in GT Sport do not have to comply with any FIA regulations.

The thing about GT tracks being certified by the FIA a few years back was only about their accuracy compared to the real tracks.

I think only real tracks need to be laser scanned among other features not specified, fictional tracks are completely on PD side according with FIA it sounds to me than PD are trying to get a more "realistic" approach with the fictional tracks by their will

Imagine every month until December a new real world track. 7 in total and then with some old and completely new tracks for the franchise. Sugo, Road America, Sonoma, Silverstone, Spa (if possible), Motegi, Laguna Seca and Okayama.

Sounds tasty! :D

I suppose I will have to diversify my racing games, because there are too many good tracks to drive on (even if only digitally) to be wishing for PD to put them all in GT:S. But, if I were to put up a wish list: Road America (played in NFS: Shift), Road Atlanta (the last turn alone for watching people go off track), COTA, Laguna Seca, Sonoma. Man, I really miss Sonoma. And certainly Imola.

For me, i dont.t need PikesPIC in a Sport mode. I,d like to run in the track, the T1, T2, T3 or all 20kms, or better than that, have a round in the top of the Hill, and go down the Hill to the Start/finisg..
Guarantee to have Fun.

I could do with driving PP. As for a race circuit, it makes no more sense than the Goodwood Hill Climb from GT6.

Plus for silverstone some bop changes and grip followed by some more grip followed by grip followed by stability by adding grip by letting us alter toe and camber angles to add more grip so we can race with whats it called? Oh yeah, doh, grip hahahaha

In my opinion, the only BoP rules that should apply should be the power to weight ratio. I spent tons of time tuning my favorite cars to handle like I wanted only to see that PD puts all of those back to "as delivered" specs. I feel like I could have won my first daily race sooner & have won more in total. Either that or I would have seen more embarrassing finishes because others could tune their cars better. :scared: Either way, the racing could be much better & competitive if they allowed tuning.

If they wanted cheap they could look at the smaller venues - Castle Combe, Pembrey, Anglesey, Mallory Park, Lydden Hill etc.

Anglesey would be amazing. It really is a great circuit.

I mean, I might be biased as I live 15 miles away from it. I seem to remember it's been added to Assetto Corsa via 3rd party mod, too.

I suppose I will have to diversify my racing games, because there are too many good tracks to drive on (even if only digitally) to be wishing for PD to put them all in GT:S. But, if I were to put up a wish list: Road America (played in NFS: Shift), Road Atlanta (the last turn alone for watching people go off track), COTA, Laguna Seca, Sonoma. Man, I really miss Sonoma. And certainly Imola.

I could do with driving PP. As for a race circuit, it makes no more sense than the Goodwood Hill Climb from GT6.

In my opinion, the only BoP rules that should apply should be the power to weight ratio. I spent tons of time tuning my favorite cars to handle like I wanted only to see that PD puts all of those back to "as delivered" specs. I feel like I could have won my first daily race sooner & have won more in total. Either that or I would have seen more embarrassing finishes because others could tune their cars better. :scared: Either way, the racing could be much better & competitive if they allowed tuning.

Agreed. I have been told by a ex gt sport racer that some top rank are using different tyre models. I match their throttle control and still am one or two down. Bop should be a choice between different camber and toe angles and allowed to change anti roll bars as upto yet thr bop as i say, benefits the few, not the many. Thats unfair as i want to tune my own ff gr4 cars to handle you know "Real driving simulator" as in "Real driving simulator" for driver to tune to car experience and to be able to tune the lancer evo gr4 that is held back that only needs some minor lsd and camber angle changes so it keeps up with ff on panorama as in real the organisers of mount panorama allow gt4 ff, fr and 4wd and the competition is great. In gt sport its only benefiting the few while the rest walk away. That is not how to make a product, yet still nothings changed :(

Interesting in the no passing at all and safety rating annihilation zone? They could probably add a worse track... But I can't think of which one...
Good point, It would be a total carpocolipse now that you mentioned it. :banghead:

Happy with whatever content they bring. We should cherish it. Those guys on development put hours and hours just to deliver those content in the game... for FREE!

Show some respect for them! Every bit of content is a work of art.
I mean, you're sort of right but this content had to be in the game from the start. Adding new content after receiving such a massive cut of content, even if this one is Ultra HD is the least they could do.

For a game like GTsport, with loads of GT300 en GT500 Cars, Japanese Brands and even TCR-ish cars like the Mitsu Lancer, I miss Twin Ring Motegi the most. It's an all-in-one track, hopefully, if it will arrive to GTsport, also with the asymmetrical oval.
A top track, designed for GT races and endurance races just like a few tracks elsewhere, Sonoma, Laguna Seca and Spa for example.

Motegi should make most people happy, 3 lay-outs without the oval, 4 with the oval.

The back straight, braking while you go downhill and turn the car hard to the right under the bridge towards start/finish is one of my favourite sectors overall :bowdown::embarrassed:

For a game like GTsport, with loads of GT300 en GT500 Cars, Japanese Brands and even TCR-ish cars like the Mitsu Lancer, I miss Twin Ring Motegi the most. It's an all-in-one track, hopefully, if it will arrive to GTsport, also with the asymmetrical oval.
A top track, designed for GT races and endurance races just like a few tracks elsewhere, Sonoma, Laguna Seca and Spa for example.

Motegi should make most people happy, 3 lay-outs without the oval, 4 with the oval.

The back straight, braking while you go downhill and turn the car hard to the right under the bridge towards start/finish is one of my favourite sectors overall :bowdown::embarrassed:
Look if we aren't going to get Daytona, Motegi Super Speedway would be a good substitute.

I guess. It seems more like pick random cars from GT6 that you personally want (because, let's face it, that's mostly what's going to be in the update anyways), add one or maybe two cars you think could be new to the series but off of no basis and for the most part get none of them while PD just does whatever they're going to do anyways.
Personally, I like being surprised and didn't like it when they "leaked" all of this info to us, took the thrill out.

Last edited:
Before I joined gtplanet, like many, my news of Gt came by way of the un-official and official Playstation magazines. I had to wait to see if the magazine had a demo disc included. Then, whatever the writer put in as info they gathered. It's just a matter of not clicking on some of these threads. Players can still be pleasantly surprised if or until an update is made available. Maybe just refrain from guessing anything.

Back