Silverstone Might be Coming to GT Sport This Month

Silverstone will be great, but if it's another track, it will still remain great to get new content [and it's free too].

PS. What about SPA [sorry, never had my chance to say it].:P:lol::lol:
Intruder alert, intruder alert. User to be slapped around the face with a wet kipper for mentioning the unmentionable.

I think it must be El Capitan. It has four routes.

Legend has it that if EVERYONE on GT Planet can go an entire month without mentioning that dreaded 3 letter word, said track will come to Gran Turismo Sport.

Spâ?

Also, I'll go on the record and say that if there was about 20-30 more feet of elevation change, Silverstone would be decent enough for my tastes. As it stands, I still believe that if you were to transplant it (history included) into the United States, the Euro-elitism of motorsports would definitely come into play regarding people's opinions on it.

Maggiore, Yamagiwa + Miyabi, and DT Gardens are. And St. Croix B is right up there too.

Those are all good tracks. I'm certainly not disputing their quality. I've also not complained about a single track or layout that's been added to the game via DLC. I'm very appreciative of the content we've received thus far. But there's nothing wrong with wanting any of the originals. After all, they're franchise staples.

I do have a PS3 as well as copies of GT5 and GT6, and I could easily play those games to get my fix as you've reductively summarized, but you're missing the point. Many of us want to see these older tracks actualized in the current generation of graphical standards. We also want to be able to experience these tracks in Sport Mode and community lobbies since the online servers for the previous titles are no longer operational.

It's not just people pining for their 15 minutes of nostalgia. It's so much more than that. And I wish people would be more respectful of our stance instead of blatantly dismissing it.

Also, I'll go on the record and say that if there was about 20-30 more feet of elevation change, Silverstone would be decent enough for my tastes. As it stands, I still believe that if you were to transplant it (history included) into the United States, the Euro-elitism of motorsports would definitely come into play regarding people's opinions on it.

History, and perhaps the circuit's facilities are the only things Silverstone has going for it. As an ex WWII airfield it's featureless and windswept and spectators get poor views and see little sense of speed, even F1 cars look pedestrian. From a drivers point of view very little of the 'historic' layout exists in any real form so may as well be just a modern circuit.

History, and perhaps the circuit's facilities are the only things Silverstone has going for it. As an ex WWII airfield it's featureless and windswept and spectators get poor views and see little sense of speed, even F1 cars look pedestrian. From a drivers point of view very little of the 'historic' layout exists in any real form so may as well be just a modern circuit.
My dad used to take me there back in the day. I used to go there myself with my mates when I got older when the chicane in woodcote was replaced by luffield and you would be shocked at just how close the Grandstands where to the track. No problem at all with the sense of speed mate.

My dad used to take me there back in the day. I used to go there myself with my mates when I got older when the chicane in woodcote was replaced by luffield and you would be shocked at just how close the Grandstands where to the track. No problem at all with the sense of speed mate.

Sure, back then perhaps. Now, if you can actually make the cars out from behind the thick catch fencing 20-30 meters away it's just a let down from a spectators point of view.

Sure, back then perhaps. Now, if you can actually make the cars out from behind the thick catch fencing 20-30 meters away it's just a let down from a spectators point of view.
That's modern track design though. You find that everywhere now. Tracks that host Formula One don't tend to benefit from it from a layout or view perspective.

There is quite a bit of grandstand seating at better viewing areas, but in some cases these are set back quite a way, and crucially, shut for many events. Since very little effort has been made, IMHO, for those not in a grandstand seat it makes for a crap experience. You can still get close to the track in places, especially at Maggots, but I agree fences are an issue for visibility especially if you're there with your camera. This is all compounded by the fact the backdrop is dull and uninteresting, and the design of the circuit (wide, long straights) makes all the but the fastest cars seem slow and small.

It's my local circuit but I've stopped going, it's just a ****ing chore being there. To be fair, the 24 hour race is nothing like it used to be (which probably isn't the circuits fault) but that was one race I would still support had it not gone to crap.

That's not to say it's the only place that has a combination of these problems, I just can't think of any redeeming features.

View's pretty good from inside the BRDC...

Not been in the BRDC's unit, but i've watched club races from the BRDC stand next to it. It's about the best place you can watch the racing and get a sense of speed (and braking force) and still be close to one of the spots where you get some overtaking and not have to peer through chicken wire to do so.

You also get to see only a small proportion of the track at any one time. It's got to be one of, if not the, worst circuits in the UK to watch racing at. It's just a shame a lot of the best international stuff happens there.

If Cape Ring or any of the original tracks are returning, I wonder which country PD will put them in for GT Sport, since these tracks had no specific region back in GT6, the last time we saw them all, and every track in GT Sport has a defined country. A pretty solid example that they're "finding" countries for previous original tracks is Special Stage Route X. It had no specific location back on GT5/6, but now for GT Sport it's located in the USA somehow.

If Cape Ring or any of the original tracks are returning, I wonder which country PD will put them in for GT Sport, since these tracks had no specific region back in GT6, the last time we saw them all, and every track in GT Sport has a defined country. A pretty solid example that they're "finding" countries for previous original tracks is Special Stage Route X. It had no specific location back on GT5/6, but now for GT Sport it's located in the USA somehow.

I'd go with Japan for Cape Ring based on the scenery alone.

Those are all good tracks. I'm certainly not disputing their quality. I've also not complained about a single track or layout that's been added to the game via DLC. I'm very appreciative of the content we've received thus far. But there's nothing wrong with wanting any of the originals. After all, they're franchise staples.

I do have a PS3 as well as copies of GT5 and GT6, and I could easily play those games to get my fix as you've reductively summarized, but you're missing the point. Many of us want to see these older tracks actualized in the current generation of graphical standards. We also want to be able to experience these tracks in Sport Mode and community lobbies since the online servers for the previous titles are no longer operational.

It's not just people pining for their 15 minutes of nostalgia. It's so much more than that. And I wish people would be more respectful of our stance instead of blatantly dismissing it.

I can’t talk about teddy bears and supermarkets in here as I get an inappropriate behavior strike.

It’s a little too PC in here.

But I accept your point about playing them online.

Knockhill would instantly become the track with the dirtiest racing in the game, BTCC there is a joke, everyone just cuts corners and smashes the other cars out of the way otherwise it'd just be a long train of cars going around with no overtaking

Knockhill should have DR SR off so everyone goes all out it would be glorious carnage(and for the first time it would be realistic) :lol::lol:

That brings the British track count up to a staggering 3, and yet we still have the solitary Big Willow representing all of the USA. For shame.

Any addition is a good addition, but, any addition that isn’t Laguna Seca is just another addition.

Not true, we have Colorado Springs :lol:

St Croix B is definitely the best layout. On the whole I was pretty disappointed when PD had a chance to include a 10km track and they served up that turd sandwich of 90 degree corners though. I could have designed much better.

Personally, I would have loved a combo track of all 3. But that's just me.

I also wouldn't mind some city tracks, other than Tokyo. Would love New York City, but then again, I'm biased.

Last edited by a moderator:
this has probably already been said, but isn't PD still following the pattern of staggering fictional and real-life track releases? Last track was Goodwood, a real track, so the next one should be fictional. Unless they've already broken that habit.

this has probably already been said, but isn't PD still following the pattern of staggering fictional and real-life track releases? Last track was Goodwood, a real track, so the next one should be fictional. Unless they've already broken that habit.
Not necessarily. The last two tracks we got were real world circuits.

Did not know these raced at Silverstone. New karts like these would be crazy.

I have a better idea!
bb61681fa0bdaf36e46eec6573b2b1b042abcc8e.pjpg

What's everyone's obsession with elevation change? I've always found Silverstone a pretty fun track, and it's not like there aren't any hilly courses in the game... Even within the UK, Brand's is a pretty up and down type of track. My favourite hilly course is Oulton Park, but I don't feel a need for it in GtS as I don't think it'd be much fun in anything faster than touring cars.

I mean, if you want a big altitude change, there is the El Condor stage of Rally Argentina... Come to think of it, maybe that's why I don't like hills so much... Many tumbles down the mountainside there.

Back