Silverstone Might be Coming to GT Sport This Month

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 1, 2019.

1. BjoBosUndies

BjoBosUndies

Maggiore, Yamagiwa + Miyabi, and DT Gardens are. And St. Croix B is right up there too.

2. pedroaido

pedroaido

I think it's a given Silverstone will eventually be in GT, not sure if they will add it on the next update but really hope so I'm a big fan of the track, if I remember well they already laser scanner it for GT6. Also hope Spa and Laguna Seca will be added through DLC later on, like Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. And we still haven't got all premium models from GT6 in GTS...

dimassa19 likes this.
  3. VincentVendetta

VincentVendetta

I mean, that PS3 Gran Turismo for ya. I've watched onboard laps of tracks like Cape Ring and Circuit de la Sierra, and they all seemed to have been built on the edge of plateaux, with a hard cliff and a skybox. Seriously, how come the PS3 games' graphics have aged worse than the previous ones.

I also don't hate Cape Ring, but I do think it's a gigantic mess. There are some good corners around, and the smaller configurations are good enough, but all put together it's just too much, like one of those "best corners of F1" circuits.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

The backgrounds for Cape Ring could certainly use a change. I think the track map would look a lot better embedded in a more mountainous area. Though I have to admit, the spiral section is a pretty cool sight.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Latvija27 likes this.
  5. BadFlounder

BadFlounder

Cool. Silverstone is not one of my favorites personally, but obviously it is very historic and loved by many. I’ll gladly take it. Keep the content coming, Polyphony. I never expected GT Sport would provide me this extended level of quality free content. I love it.

6. 05XR8

05XR8

Some keep bagging certain tracks as they come out. Saying certain tracks aren't good for Sport Mode. We have Tsukuba, Brands Hatch and Suzuka East Course. Plenty of passing happen at these circuits. Goodwood will be a good test this week. A fast, tight circuit that seems like it'll be processional. May just surprise the doubters.

Same for Silverstone. Complaints about its layout, turns, etc. It could turn out the best racing happens there. I read how many people have grown to like DTG and now Autopolis(both of my top two tracks in the game). We'll see.

sirjim73 likes this.
  7. Interstellar9

Interstellar9

Just my two Cents: I really don't need neither Deep Forrest nor Trial Mountain nor Grand Valley in GT:S. Imo they should focus more on real world tracks and keep the original circuits for GT7 on PS5. They move away from the Sport emphasis (in terms of race cars) what I don't like. Imagine every month until December a new real world track. 7 in total and then with some old and completely new tracks for the franchise. Sugo, Road America, Sonoma, Silverstone, Spa (if possible), Motegi, Laguna Seca and Okayama.

Sounds tasty! :D

AlanH49, Fabr_123, GiordySays and 6 others like this.
  8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

Tsukuba and Suzuka have both been pretty good to me in Sport Mode. I’d say the only ones that have really been problematic are Monza, Interlagos, and Nurb GP since so many people apply their brakes too late and it usually results in a pileup during the first turns.

That said, I still don’t subscribe to the belief that certain tracks are bad for Sport Mode. Every track has the potential to be disastrous when the inexperienced or unsportsmanlike are involved.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Janifourc3, NoStopN, AlanH49 and 6 others like this.
  9. Malipiero1

Malipiero1

Official World Rallycross cars and/or tracks will not come to Gran Turismo as long as they are exclusively licensed to Codemasters (Dirt Rally 2.0)

GiordySays and courageC60 like this.
  10. toospiciecc

toospiciecc

It be great to have Silverstone in GT Sport.

11. PaMu1337

PaMu1337

Dirt Rally might be the official World Rallycross game, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is an exclusive license to use the cars and tracks. In fact, some of the tracks are already in multiple games.

12. Matthew_Bogus

Matthew_Bogus

Silverstone corners 2-6 (Maggots, Beckets, Chapel) can be trickly when fast. Can't wait to try them with the better physics i.e. not GT6.

AlanH49 and dimassa19 like this.
  13. Muller_cj

Muller_cj

if you put in all the old tracks, that takes resources, which are then not developing new content for you new game. And if you release a game with 90% old content, there would be even more complaints.

Nothing against the old tracks and I hope some do make it back

GiordySays likes this.
  14. micmansour

micmansour

Project Cars 2 then?

Beezer215 likes this.
  15. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

To be fair, literally ANYTHING made after is better then GT6.

16. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

St Croix B is definitely the best layout. On the whole I was pretty disappointed when PD had a chance to include a 10km track and they served up that turd sandwich of 90 degree corners though. I could have designed much better.

Beezer215, Satomiblood and GiordySays like this.
  17. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

Cape Ring created these little moments of satisfaction when you'd absolutely nail some of the tricky turns by hooking the wheel on the inside of the apex.

18. Matthew_Bogus

Matthew_Bogus

Why not, on next Playstation sale I'll pick it up.

19. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

I quite liked Cape Ring. Could have done with a bit more 'atmosphere', but the layouts were enjoyable enough. I didn't even mind the spiral bridge.. or at least, I can accept its use as much as I can other elements that PD has included/not included in original tracks before.

[​IMG]

20. baldgye

baldgye Premium

Worst part of the track was the jump just after that

courageC60 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  21. aguia

aguia

For me, i dont.t need PikesPIC in a Sport mode. I,d like to run in the track, the T1, T2, T3 or all 20kms, or better than that, have a round in the top of the Hill, and go down the Hill to the Start/finisg..
    Guarantee to have Fun.

22. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

It's only vehicle speed that makes it a jump - lack of damage modelling and suitable crash physics meant that people didn't have to treat it like the obstacle it was. Also, between the number of 'jump' tracks people seemed to make with the path editor, and the fact people seem to clamor for the return of Seattle, I'm not sure it'd be a big problem for many.

courageC60, Satomiblood and Animedeaf like this.
  23. aguia

aguia

Tokyo R246
    Guarantee to have Fun!

DaigoD and Animedeaf like this.
  24. TVR27

TVR27 Premium

I have a better idea for a race track.

[​IMG]

Lgirasol, AlanH49, ProjectF and 3 others like this.
  25. baldgye

baldgye Premium

Yeah perhaps but it made the AI races kinda silly with them flying all over the place

Latvija27 likes this.
  26. AllMightyVTEC

AllMightyVTEC

Worst part? That was what made Cape Ring great or at least memorable imo. Drifting around the spiral and jumping GTRs and Veyrons took up loads of my time playing GT5 back then.

27. Famine

Famine Administrator

Don't forget honking. If you weren't honking your Tank Car horn (as fitted to EVERY car) mid-jump, were you even real?

28. Lancer_R

Lancer_R Premium

British tracks Silverstone, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch. All different types of complex circuits, great for sport mode. Imagine gr1 on oulton park fosters on sport mode LOL

Day a track comes out they should go straight into Circuit Experience to give those less advantaged a better chance, then dlc for new cars follows a month later.

Plus for silverstone some bop changes and grip followed by some more grip followed by grip followed by stability by adding grip by letting us alter toe and camber angles to add more grip so we can race with whats it called? Oh yeah, doh, grip hahahaha

29. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

Soooooooooo..... has nobody considered that it may well be The Matterhorn from GT6????? that has 4 variations, right?? :tup:
    The layouts are just mental and all of them are also very suitable for Gr.B racing. :scared:
    I'm sure Kaz is very eager to get those into GT Sport. :lol: :D

30. Riptide

Riptide Premium

Silverstone will be great, but if it's another track, it will still remain great to get new content [and it's free too].

PS. What about SPA [sorry, never had my chance to say it].:p:lol::lol:

Animedeaf likes this.