Silverstone Might be Coming to GT Sport This Month

Alsace and St. Croix are not first class, they’re uninspiring and forgettable. Considering they are never in Sport Mode, even PD knows they suck.

I will concede that Dragon Trail is a fantastic original circuit. But the reason why Deep Forest and Trial Mountain are fan favorites is because they’re very well made circuits, both visually and technically. It has less to do with nostalgia, and asserting so is ridiculous.

Maggiore, Yamagiwa + Miyabi, and DT Gardens are. And St. Croix B is right up there too.

I think it's a given Silverstone will eventually be in GT, not sure if they will add it on the next update but really hope so I'm a big fan of the track, if I remember well they already laser scanned it for GT6. Also hope Spa and Laguna Seca will be added through DLC later on, like Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. And we still haven't got all premium models from GT6 in GTS...

Last edited:
I actually liked Cape Ring, there were some good turns on that track, it's just the design of the background and surroundings that was a bit lazy.

I mean, that PS3 Gran Turismo for ya. I've watched onboard laps of tracks like Cape Ring and Circuit de la Sierra, and they all seemed to have been built on the edge of plateaux, with a hard cliff and a skybox. Seriously, how come the PS3 games' graphics have aged worse than the previous ones.

I also don't hate Cape Ring, but I do think it's a gigantic mess. There are some good corners around, and the smaller configurations are good enough, but all put together it's just too much, like one of those "best corners of F1" circuits.

I mean, that PS3 Gran Turismo for ya. I've watched onboard laps of tracks like Cape Ring and Circuit de la Sierra, and they all seemed to have been built on the edge of plateaux, with a hard cliff and a skybox. Seriously, how come the PS3 games' graphics have aged worse than the previous ones.

I also don't hate Cape Ring, but I do think it's a gigantic mess. There are some good corners around, and the smaller configurations are good enough, but all put together it's just too much, like one of those "best corners of F1" circuits.

The backgrounds for Cape Ring could certainly use a change. I think the track map would look a lot better embedded in a more mountainous area. Though I have to admit, the spiral section is a pretty cool sight.

Last edited:
Some keep bagging certain tracks as they come out. Saying certain tracks aren't good for Sport Mode. We have Tsukuba, Brands Hatch and Suzuka East Course. Plenty of passing happen at these circuits. Goodwood will be a good test this week. A fast, tight circuit that seems like it'll be processional. May just surprise the doubters.

Same for Silverstone. Complaints about its layout, turns, etc. It could turn out the best racing happens there. I read how many people have grown to like DTG and now Autopolis(both of my top two tracks in the game). We'll see.

Just my two Cents: I really don't need neither Deep Forrest nor Trial Mountain nor Grand Valley in GT:S. Imo they should focus more on real world tracks and keep the original circuits for GT7 on PS5. They move away from the Sport emphasis (in terms of race cars) what I don't like. Imagine every month until December a new real world track. 7 in total and then with some old and completely new tracks for the franchise. Sugo, Road America, Sonoma, Silverstone, Spa (if possible), Motegi, Laguna Seca and Okayama.

Sounds tasty! :D

Some keep bagging certain tracks as they come out. Saying certain tracks aren't good for Sport Mode. We have Tsukuba, Brands Hatch and Suzuka East Course. Plenty of passing happen at these circuits. Goodwood will be a good test this week. A fast, tight circuit that seems like it'll be processional. May just surprise the doubters.

Same for Silverstone. Complaints about its layout, turns, etc. It could turn out the best racing happens there. I read how many people have grown to like DTG and now Autopolis(both of my top two tracks in the game). We'll see.

Tsukuba and Suzuka have both been pretty good to me in Sport Mode. I’d say the only ones that have really been problematic are Monza, Interlagos, and Nurb GP since so many people apply their brakes too late and it usually results in a pileup during the first turns.

That said, I still don’t subscribe to the belief that certain tracks are bad for Sport Mode. Every track has the potential to be disastrous when the inexperienced or unsportsmanlike are involved.

Last edited:
ss3
Seeing rallycross come would be fun too. Maybe a new rallycross category. But we do have gr.b. Maybe some classic gr.b cars or rallyx could be cool lol
RallyX is part of FIA after all.
Official World Rallycross cars and/or tracks will not come to Gran Turismo as long as they are exclusively licensed to Codemasters (Dirt Rally 2.0)

Official World Rallycross cars and/or tracks will not come to Gran Turismo as long as they are exclusively licensed to Codemasters (Dirt Rally 2.0)
Dirt Rally might be the official World Rallycross game, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is an exclusive license to use the cars and tracks. In fact, some of the tracks are already in multiple games.

if you put in all the old tracks, that takes resources, which are then not developing new content for you new game. And if you release a game with 90% old content, there would be even more complaints.

Nothing against the old tracks and I hope some do make it back

Cape Ring created these little moments of satisfaction when you'd absolutely nail some of the tricky turns by hooking the wheel on the inside of the apex.

I quite liked Cape Ring. Could have done with a bit more 'atmosphere', but the layouts were enjoyable enough. I didn't even mind the spiral bridge.. or at least, I can accept its use as much as I can other elements that PD has included/not included in original tracks before.

Kawazu-Nanadaru%20Loop%20Bridge0.jpg

Guarantee a point-to-point track won't be used in Sport mode because it isn't viable for it.
For me, i dont.t need PikesPIC in a Sport mode. I,d like to run in the track, the T1, T2, T3 or all 20kms, or better than that, have a round in the top of the Hill, and go down the Hill to the Start/finisg..
Guarantee to have Fun.

Worst part of the track was the jump just after that

It's only vehicle speed that makes it a jump - lack of damage modelling and suitable crash physics meant that people didn't have to treat it like the obstacle it was. Also, between the number of 'jump' tracks people seemed to make with the path editor, and the fact people seem to clamor for the return of Seattle, I'm not sure it'd be a big problem for many.

It's only vehicle speed that makes it a jump - lack of damage modelling and suitable crash physics meant that people didn't have to treat it like the obstacle it was. Also, between the number of 'jump' tracks people seemed to make with the path editor, and the fact people seem to clamor for the return of Seattle, I'm not sure it'd be a big problem for many.

Yeah perhaps but it made the AI races kinda silly with them flying all over the place

British tracks Silverstone, Oulton Park and Brands Hatch. All different types of complex circuits, great for sport mode. Imagine gr1 on oulton park fosters on sport mode LOL

Day a track comes out they should go straight into Circuit Experience to give those less advantaged a better chance, then dlc for new cars follows a month later.

Plus for silverstone some bop changes and grip followed by some more grip followed by grip followed by stability by adding grip by letting us alter toe and camber angles to add more grip so we can race with whats it called? Oh yeah, doh, grip hahahaha

Silverstone will be great, but if it's another track, it will still remain great to get new content [and it's free too].

PS. What about SPA [sorry, never had my chance to say it].:P:lol::lol:

Back