Sim Racing Expo Joins Forces With Porsche

Porsche arrived in Assetto Corsa during 2016.

Indeed, and in Forza the same year (and a few years before that). I think, just in terms of each game's collection of Porsches (AC and FM7), it's hard to pick which one has a better selection. They're both so good.

But more importantly, can we all take a minute to think about how much has changed in a year? :D Last August, all we knew was that T10 sub-licensed Porsche from EA every once in a while, and Kunos had the mystery deal that allowed all these Porsches to arrive in AC. Suddenly, the EA deal was dead, and we get to enjoy Porsches in a half-dozen different titles this year alone. And now it's a partner for the biggest sim-racing event of the year, held at none other than the 'Ring.

Fascinating times. :D

Indeed, and in Forza the same year (and a few years before that). I think, just in terms of each game's collection of Porsches (AC and FM7), it's hard to pick which one has a better selection. They're both so good.

But more importantly, can we all take a minute to think about how much has changed in a year? :D Last August, all we knew was that T10 sub-licensed Porsche from EA every once in a while, and Kunos had the mystery deal that allowed all these Porsches to arrive in AC. Suddenly, the EA deal was dead, and we get to enjoy Porsches in a half-dozen different titles this year alone. And now it's a partner for the biggest sim-racing event of the year, held at none other than the 'Ring.

Fascinating times. :D
IMO FM6 and FM7 have a better selection, Thay have all the road cars i want.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Brendan Rorrison (@Brend) on August 18th, 2017 in the Gaming category.
Mark my words, this is the dawn of a new era. Porsche, the King of Motorsports officially stepping into the public eye to back sim racing will accelerate the development of sim racing in ways that have not seen before, granted Kazunori Yamauchi has done much in this area also but he has come from the gamers side and is primarily promoting and being promoted by Nissan. Porsche have much more clout in terms of being seen as leaders in the world of Motorsports and we will definitely see an involvement from Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes and BMW in response to this. I also suspect Porsche will get involved with their native German sim racing hardware developer, Fanatec, which if we can judge anything by the electronic systems Porsche are working on intensively such as electronic rather than hydraulic steering should bring a level of expertise from the top down which is really how successful systems are built. Obviously it goes without saying that sim racers will also be hugely affected in terms of starting careers in the world of Motorsports. Exciting times.

PORSCHE. There is no substitute.
ezgif.com-optimize_1.gif

Back