SimBin Studios Confirms GTR 3, Scheduled for 2018

• Thread starter adam46
  • 285 comments
I am sort of against console versions of the current games that come out 2019 or so because i feel that they dont push enough the limits of a powerful PC as they still have to cater to the now really weak hardware of those standard consoles. So when you make a racing title to release it in 2019 then i rather would want to see them bringing this title to console a year later in 2020 when the new gen will launch and give it all the beans they have for the PC version now. I know it sucks for console players but hey, we PC gamers have been and are so often also on the other side of the fence when you guys get your console exclusives. All i want is a true generational leap in racing games and this can't happen if current gen consoles are considered in development...

I am sort of against console versions of the current games that come out 2019 or so because i feel that they dont push enough the limits of a powerful PC as they still have to cater to the now really weak hardware of those standard consoles. So when you make a racing title to release it in 2019 then i rather would want to see them bringing this title to console a year later in 2020 when the new gen will launch and give it all the beans they have for the PC version now. I know it sucks for console players but hey, we PC gamers have been and are so often also on the other side of the fence when you guys get your console exclusives. All i want is a true generational leap in racing games and this can't happen if current gen consoles are considered in development...

I am console player and i will agree with you... I am totally in love with PSvr experience and i really believe that PS5 will bring full VR support without cutting anything. And I wan't all this game running on full potential.

This year was the time to release it. There is no competence apart from the yearly tittles (Forza, F1, WRC).

No kunos (early this year and only on PC), no Project Cars, no Milestone, no Codemasters (very early this year), no Gran Turismo... And if Im not wrong, not any big PC sim announcement.

Probably the last year of PS4... Such good selling window doesn't happen very often.

This year was the time to release it. There is no competence apart from the yearly tittles (Forza, F1, WRC).

No kunos (early this year and only on PC), no Project Cars, no Milestone, no Codemasters (very early this year), no Gran Turismo... And if Im not wrong, not any big PC sim announcement.

Probably the last year of PS4... Such good selling window doesn't happen very often.
We will probably ( hopefully ) see a Seb Loeb 2 before we see anything of this game.

We will probably ( hopefully ) see a Seb Loeb 2 before we see anything of this game.

I really wish that would be true, but unfortunately a new hardcore rally game from Milestone is not likely to happen anytime soon...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sébastien-loeb-rally-evo-ps4-xb1-pc-milestone.321281/page-44#post-12652277

Edit: If you think about it, this gen started very well for the genre (making it the best gen for the genre right from the start IMO), but it also has been a continuous downfall. Kunos getting back to PC with uncertain release on consoles, Milestone leaving behind rally games, Codemasters unable to recreate the excellence of its first game, SMS improving a lot but also releasing a slightly disappointing game, EVO is now gone for good, NFS deep into ostracism...

The only good news are WRC and F1 games, that apparently keep improving.

Last edited:
i think they will launch it for PC and next gen consoles, that's why they dont rush it out now.
development hurdles may also be the case, and i think ACC is doing a great job in GT3 racing and of course Simbin sees that, and they don't want to release more or less the exact same game.

The last I heard it was scheduled for the second quarter of 2019, cutting it a bit fine for that one, only 2 months left. The lack of news makes me think it’s not gong to happen now.

Yh thats wht i read 2nd quarter but jeezz seems it b time for some update.
Been looking forward to the car sounds they will have since its supposed to be based on raceroom that i read is the best for sounds.
I loved gtr1 and gt legends on pc long ago.

Yh thats wht i read 2nd quarter but jeezz seems it b time for some update.
Been looking forward to the car sounds they will have since its supposed to be based on raceroom that i read is the best for sounds.
I loved gtr1 and gt legends on pc long ago.

I think its stuck in development hell again

Last edited:
I guess they see what ACC delivers and they know its the most direct competitor. So they want to get their game right. But it's definitely not encouraging that they have not shown anything by now. Basically even bailed on promises made followed by radio silence.

Last edited:
Copy from simbin Facebook:

Hey We’re continuing with discussions regarding what will be the best release window for the highly anticipated GTR3
We’ll be at Gamescom in August and will keep you updated with as much info as we can! Thanks for your continued interest and support #gtr3 #racinggames #gamesdev #pc #console

Also only have trailer ,no interview in gamescom

I would drop everything and play GT3 on PS4. Great memories of GTR2 on my POS computer back in the day. Maybe this winter?

Jerome

Copy from simbin Facebook:

Hey We’re continuing with discussions regarding what will be the best release window for the highly anticipated GTR3
We’ll be at Gamescom in August and will keep you updated with as much info as we can! Thanks for your continued interest and support #gtr3 #racinggames #gamesdev #pc #console

Also only have trailer ,no interview in gamescom

Maybe they'll actually make it this year? Gotta wait until the day before to be sure. 💡

There is finally some news on their progress on the horizon.

IMG_20190819_201009.jpg

Back