• Thread starter the_greeze
  • 934 comments

the_greeze

Cookin' on gas!
Premium
United Kingdom
UK
the_greeze
Now, this looks promising 👍 Going to be part of the Sim Commander 3 package by all accounts.

Definitely something to keep an eye on...

Latte: you're going to need clean underwear :lol:

Last edited:
Looks very cool :)
Only issue with tactile and motion rigs (not d-box) is that the seat is on a central pivot and therefore tactile on base/frame is limited I reckon.
I'm just about to add 2 x aura's to my seat and I already have a miniquake on my pedals..then I've got 2 x auras for my shifters (one each).

I see where you're coming from but I still think tactile on the rest of the rig is important (and effective). :) For example, I have three Mini LFE's on the seat itself, three Mini LFE's under the floorboards where the pedals are mounted and two Aure Pro's; one on the steering wheel mounting plate and one on the shifter assembly. It all works very well as it is so I'm interested to see if this SimVibe application raises tactile to a whole new level 👍

I sent my application yesterday as soon as they posted in the iRacing forums. I have 2 shakers, one under my seat and one under the pedal assembly. Hope I get in!

This looks very intresting indeed 👍

Just sent the application.

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from but I still think tactile on the rest of the rig is important (and effective). :) For example, I have three Mini LFE's on the seat itself, three Mini LFE's under the floorboards where the pedals are mounted and two Aure Pro's; one on the steering wheel mounting plate and one on the shifter assembly. It all works very well as it is so I'm interested to see if this SimVibe application raises tactile to a whole new level 👍

Now, this looks promising 👍 Going to be part of the Sim Commander 3 package by all accounts.

Definitely something to keep an eye on...

Latte: you're going to need clean underwear :lol:

Looks like they will bypass all the complicated X-Sim configuration with their great software. Supporting upto 8 independent channels is very interesting and what's better is that because they will output in analogue via a secondary soundcard means it will also be possible to have multiple tactile for each of these effects if desired. Simply connect upto a distribution box and into a multichannel receiver with 7.1 analogue inputs.

Combine this with what some of us have been doing with "Multichannel Surround Audio Tactile" it could be amazing. Was involved with some recent talk of such possibilities on WMD Cars forums.

I'm hoping to get involved too, signed up so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Told you. Clean underwear ;)

In all seriousness this could really "shake things up"

Lets say I'm glad I didn't buy D-Box, Mayaman may not be so pleased, (joking) :sly:
It could give SimXperience an advantage over various other sim cockpit manufacturer's though.

Great news for tactile fans...

Last edited:
..but using a motion cockpit where the seat is on a pivot negates some of the tactile options unless you start adding things like sides to the seat etc and attach transducers to that.
I don't think D-box has this issue..

God I hope this project takes off. this is such a great idea. Put it all together for us and make it easy to do multiple tactile = YES!!

Last edited:
..but using a motion cockpit where the seat is on a pivot negates some of the tactile options unless you start adding things like sides to the seat etc and attach transducers to that.
I don't think D-box has this issue..

I agree with their own current design particularly of their "rear traction loss" in how it is raises the main cockpit. It could have limitations. This however supports upto 8 channels so we are yet to learn the full potential it can provide for seat,pedals and main cockpit areas.

Tactile can travel well and be detected/felt beyond the seat but usually you need a good platform/installation for that to work.

Multiple tactile can also be felt under or to the sides of a seat as I've shown in the past so a solution doesn't necessarily need to utilise the full base/cockpit but I'm sure that's what their beta testing programme is all about discovering.

Last edited:
I believe that SimXperience are still taking beta-tester applications at the moment so no news as yet...

So far not much as been released. Got some info questioning Berney a little.
It is likely this software will be available at some point for everyone regardless if you own other motion cockpits. I would assume it is doubtful it will work well in tandem with other tactile sources also based on motion data though.

They do seem to have incorporated in the software plenty of adjustability.
The concept seems to utilise data to incorporate the four wheels.

While one tactile can be used they recommend one for each corner of a cockpit.
This is a major advantage over audio tactile giving independent effects for each wheel.

If they do/can with remaining channels provide an independent tactile for engine, crash effects or more then it really could be a major advance in cockpit immersion. Nothing so far has been said about this.

He did reply to me to confirm that it will support upto 500Hz which is much higher range than most tactile offer but they will include adjustability so a user can tweak settings for their components and installation.

Last edited:
So is there an actual interface device that they provide in between the rig and the computer that controls the individual buttkickers? I dont follow the signal chain on this device. I was also unaware that this software could only be utilized by motion rigs only. I am only looking for an all-in-one interface and software to coordinate multiple tactile devices, not buy an expensive motion rig

So is there an actual interface device that they provide in between the rig and the computer that controls the individual buttkickers? I dont follow the signal chain on this device. I was also unaware that this software could only be utilized by motion rigs only. I am only looking for an all-in-one interface and software to coordinate multiple tactile devices, not buy an expensive motion rig

What i understand is that it's only software. The sotware will use a exra soundcard (no specific brand) which has to be installed in the PC.

This soundcard will send out " specific tactile " audio, which you can send to your amps and from there to the tactile transducers.

If this works, we won't need any equalizers or cut off switches. IT WILL BE AWESOME !!!:)

Last edited:
Yes indeed but that's the beauty of it being software it will be available for the masses and adding a secondary or additional sound card. Early days yet but great potential.

Okay, we are talking about only the software? sorry I saw that simXperience sold a complete rig in 5 stages so I am still a bit confused. The software will work on multiple tactile devices whether or not you have a motion riv as long as you have another dedicated computer or simply run two soundcards on the first. The data is sent out of the soundcard directly to the transducers amplifier, only due to the softwares ability to control the frequency rance the high/low cuttoff filter on the amp can be set to off(lowest setting). Is this correct?

Okay, we are talking about only the software? sorry I saw that simXperience sold a complete rig in 5 stages so I am still a bit confused. The software will work on multiple tactile devices whether or not you have a motion riv as long as you have another dedicated computer or simply run two soundcards on the first. The data is sent out of the soundcard directly to the transducers amplifier, only due to the softwares ability to control the frequency rance the high/low cuttoff filter on the amp can be set to off(lowest setting). Is this correct?

Yes

Very likely the data that is used for actuators is now converted also with this software to create audio.

Here is my take on it but don't take as fully accurate.

So just as an actuator is made to rise/fall regards the in game physics to convert wheel/suspension movement this new software will enable a tactile unit to increase/decrease in volume also in tandem with the actuators replicating the wheel/suspension movement from the games physics. Of course it will likely utilise other data too, possibly for road texture, engine speed or revs and perhaps even more.

D-Box software allows similar I believe but think it has a drawback were the user determines the strength more for tactile or actuators. This approach allows a user to buy whatever quality of tactile units they want and then tactile/actuators are controlled independently. When details are released then I guess the full features can be compared with what D-Box have offered and charged plenty for in their motion cockpits. I would hazard a guess that all games compatible with SimXperience motion actuator software would work with this new software. From a development perspective this makes sense but has not yet been confirmed.

The Simvibe software it seems will have user settings to adjust the strength and crossover of the output signal. My guess seeing the quality of their Simcommander software this will be to a high standard also.
Of course different soundcards will still add their own features and specs/performance to the audio signal just like any other source but my guess is this will allow lots of configuration and best of all suit the beginner with one cheap tactile unit ranging to those willing to spend thousands.

I'm not so sure we will not be able to make more improvements via external EQ out of each channel/effect. I doubt the software will allow equalisation on this level and rather likely just one single EQ via the users soundcard if supported.

In anticipation of this I've decided to upgrade, here is my plans to add onto my current configuration.
Should be amazing but rather costly.

4x Buttkiker LFE approx £1000 (1 each corner)
2x Behringer EP 4000 amplifers approx £500
1x Clarke Prosound 429 inc amp approx £500 (LFE role under seat)

So I guess their goes my Stage 1 motion monies.

Last edited:
That stage one system is awesome, but just a little out of my price range... My dream would be to mount a system like that underneath a lightweight fiberglass f1 cockpit

I hope this gets released next month when my BKG2 arrives. My first baby step in tactile. I reckon I will want more in time. lol

Back