Skateboarding

• Thread starter Goosemandu
  • 474 comments
millencolin
i stated for the first time for MONTHS.....lterally months, and i was ****. cant describe how bad i was, but im working on it

My heel is just starting to get better, so I have just recently got back on my board as well... However, I'm doing alright... There was some awkwardness at first, but it went away after a few runs...

;)

great pix man, i skate too, just not that well lol

*skate on* \m/

Thankyou...

Nice pics, silviadrifter

Glad to see that you noticed your spelling error... I mean got better.

I'm assuming you are refering to my misspelling of "heel" in my pics post... I didn't even notice it until you said something... Thanks for the heads up...

I will try and have some new pics soon... My heel is fealing much better... It's not fully healed yet, but it's good enough to pull most of my tricks without fear of reinjuring it...

BTW, anyone been watching Gravity Games?..

Skate on...

;)

I don't think we get teh gravity games down here on network TV, but I'm pretty sure its on Foxtel(cabel, satellite).
I havn't skated for a bit. I pulled a ligament in my foot again. I should be back on my board next week.

Oh and Silvia Drifter, you spelled feeling wrong...

who cares is we spell stuff wrong, i know i make a ton of errors, but i dont give a crap about them.......

skated again today, didnt try anything new or big, just still trying to get used to my deck again. its tough, especially that my local park is not the smoothest one around

I hate getting used to skating after not skating for a bit. It feels strange when your in the air.

I skated for 6 1/2 hours today... I learned a few new lines, and smoothed out some of my other tricks... As you might imagine I am quite tired at the moment, as well as a bit broken... I fell on my a$$ pretty hard on a handrail so now I have a big bruise in the aforementioned area...

I think I might take a few days off...

Silvia Drifter, you spelled feeling wrong...

I need to stop typing so fast, or at least check what I've written before I post it...

;)

hehe, i remember those 6 1/2 - 9 hr days of skating, so buggered at the end of them. havent done that in ages, ive been too busy, one mate has a broken wrist and the other has a ****ed ankle. and trust me, i know all about arse bruises, i had a big buster, falling from the top of a quarter onto the flat, landing right on my butt. it was majorly bruised, i couldnt walk properly for 2 weeks. ouchies, i feel ya pain

I ****ed my ankle sunday and the next few days after that were perfect days for skating!:grumpy: I had my first skate since that sunday today, but it was boring as hell as there was hardly any people skating. Probaly because of teh AFL Grand Final.

Heh. This thread is dead.

I had another interschool skate comp a few weeks back. I won again. This time it was much easier, as there was less compeditors and in the semi finals I had no compeditor as he was at Mcdonalds.:lol:

driftmunkee
Ok, how do you get higher off a ramp, my ollies are okay on flat ground but they suck in parks and stuff.

It's all about timing the ollie and positioning your body in such a way that you can get enough pop off the tail, but get your body moving in a forward motion to correct... It all changes depending on what you are ollying from, and to...

;)

Glad to see there's already a skating thread here at GTP! Nice one!

My favourite Skater is Danny Way, simply because he constantly pushes the limits of whats possible regardless of the consequences, every time I see him do something new it blows my mind when I try to think how he comes to do it. He's a legend in the sport. Plus it's nice to see Plan B are coming back now:D.

Doed anyone know of any good skating forums? I cant find any that have some sort of moderation, people just insult me for introducing myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated:).

yeah, danny way has easily been one of the most influential skaters of all time.
in case you don't know....he used to skate street and do some huge handrails and could skate tech too <8- )
it sucked when he screwed up his knee on that really skinny handrail.

but anyways, yeah.....i just read through all 24 pages and man, that took a while.
best way to enjoy skating more is simply take a break, i got into a rut for a while where it was like "i need to learn a new trick today", and it just got me really angry with myself if i did not. i stopped skating for about a year (i am only 16 and i just realized i have skated for like 7 years) and now i just love to take it easy and mess around.
there used to be 6 of us that would skate basically every day, now those guys are in college and i am still in highschool (my last year), it is wierd, but i skate alone now and it feels great, no competiton to do a trick first, if i get tired i go, if i feel like staying i stay, its all up to me <8- )

Yeah, fun times. but that's not why I'm here. I learned a new trick yesterday and have no idea what it's called. basically w/o popping it I flip it over half way with my back foot then I flip it back once and a half times. also anyone got any advice on sticking a nollie 360 flip, I can only get one foot back on.

Badass, a skateboarding thread on Gran Turismo forums. Wats up fellow skaters. I went skating last week and now everything is covered in snow. Time to bust out the snowboard. :)

Damn. I havent skated in 5 years. I still have my Girl Guy Mariano deck on my wall in my study. He was my favorite skater, guy had style. Him and Olsen, dude killed it. I remember before I stopped shortys was getting huge, they still the best team out there? What ever happened to brandon turner and the rest of those kids?

back when i was still skating Guy was not really mainstream anymore. i think he had a couple tricks in the Girl video that came out not that long ago.
i never really followed the guys on the shorties team but brandon turner went pro a while back i think and im guessing most of the kids followed.
haha i can't think of olsen's first name but i just remember he was a crazy looking lanky guy. i don't think he is up to much right now though.
i think Guy is still tearing it up, but he is probably just doing it for the love of it and i respect that <8- )

there are so many good kids now its just amazing.

Awesome, a skateboarding thread! :cool:

Been skating for about 9-10 years. Had a short part in a local NYC video here about 3-4 years ago. I think I know about skateboarding more than anything in the world. :lol: Fell off for about two years, but I'm slowly coming back.

Here's a recent vid of the guys I grew up skating with. Just raw NYC skateboarding. First part starts at 1:00.

Back