Skateboarding

• Thread starter Goosemandu
  • 474 comments
I highly doubt a lot of you follow this sport, or actually skateboard. But for those who do, Who is your favorite skateboarder, why?

Koston, he is crazy technical and has some great switch skills.

My second favourite skater has to be Rodney Mullen. Man, he is the best street skater the world has ever seen.

BTW, he invented the Kickflip & Heelflip.

Bob Burnquist.
SKB0198070.jpg

Rodney Mullen the godfather of skateboarding as we know it...Inventer of the kickflip and of the flat ground ollie...Should I say more??? BTW Skateboarding is a sport infalliable...

im not shure rodney invented the ollie,ill look intom it,but yes rodney mullen is my favorite sk8ter....

what kind of wood do you guys got??

I got a ELEMENT pro series Bam Margera,i liked it because his board is 8 inches wide,and i got big feet :/

these guy aint the best but he is bloody awesome. ben and taj papas from australia. theya re awesome, smooth and everything. i saw ben at the state fair last year and he was skating like his deck was connected to train tracks, smooth and controlled. it was amazing. oh yeah skating is a sport, try getting up at 6:30, catch two trains to the best skate park in town and skate 10 hours straight in blistering summer heat, that wears you out more than any sport would

I just recently started to board.
Do you guys have any advice on where I should begin?
I already mastered the ollie and am working on the kickflip.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by fermy88
I just recently started to board.
Do you guys have any advice on where I should begin?
I already mastered the ollie and am working on the kickflip.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

just ride around skate parks, i learnt a lot by doing that

I skate a little here and there but I'm a big fan of watching it. Tony's gotta be my favorite, but after him probably mcdonald or koston.

My favorite vert skater would have to be either Tony Hawk or Bucky Lasek, and my favorite street skater would have to be Eric Koston.

i love skating so much except when you stack it badly, then it sucks. i was attempting to bluntstall the halfpipe and i fell into the halfpipe, back first, slamming my back and rolling over on my head. the 20 minutes later i strained my ankle badly, its swollen and bruised. and a week before that, slammed my head on the concrete attempting to land a kickflip on the flatbank. so yeah im in the wars at the moment

Lasek's awesome.

I try (and fail) to skate. I once succesfully ollied off of my steps and I ran around screaming for a while. That's about as far as I have gotten, but I ride dirt BMX so it's ok because I make up for my lack of skateboarding skills in that.

i tried riding a bike round the local skatepark. i dropped in and got about a foot air off the wuarter, thats about it, ill stick to skating.

OOWW stack it on my street. PAIN

tried to jump from my little home made kicker to my driveway, but my back truck got caught in the gutter on the landing, fell and smacked my knee on concrete. it doesnt hurt NOT!!!

I started about 3 months ago and can do the following:

• Ollie
  • Pop Shuv-it
  • Shuv-it
  • 50-50
  • Boardslide
  • Noseslide

I'm working on a kickflip right now. After that, I'll move to Varial Kickflips. And my favorite skaters are Bam Margera and Rodney Mullen. And don't say I'm a poser and I like Bam because of his show -- I've known about him for 3 years and knew about him before a lot of people. Go check out some of the CKY videos if you haven't already.

I personally skateboard, and have been doing so for about 2 years now. I wasn't much for halfpipe riding, so I got into bowl riding and flatland stuff.

So far, I am able to do:
1. Nose Manuals
2. Regular Manuals
3. Boardslides
4. Caspers
5. Primos
6. Anti-caspers
7. Kickflips
8. Pop-Shuvits
9. 360 Flips
10. I can 50-50 in a bowl, but not a normal rail, don't know why.
11. I can lip stall in a bowl.
12. Rock and roll in a bowl.
13. 180 out of a bowl.

Whoops, forgot.

My favorite skater of all times is definitely Rodney Mullen. If you don't know who that is, look him up. His primo slide to 360 flip is really pretty sweet.

Back