Skyline Silhouette Formula [R30]

• Thread starter SandStorm
  • 39 comments

Should Holden V8 Supercars and normal Holdens 9eg HSV VT's0 be featured in GT4?

• What da **** do you think mate?

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • YEAH!!

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No ****in' way man!!!!

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
patch-ball-in-mouth.jpg

What... the... **** are you doing to that cat?! :eek: Some kind of feline gimp games eh? :(

Jeez, man- the thing looks petrified!!! You're definitely on the wrong site- did ya click on the wrong one in 'favourites'? :rolleyes:

I know, it looks like he's chocking on the ball!

No, I swear on anything that he picks up things in his mouth all by himself (and fortunately, spits them out)!

He runs as fast a [R] Skyline Silhouette Foumula R30, too...especially when he needs medication.

I think it's going to be my avatar....maybe not.

You do know you've just bumped a 9 year-old thread to answer a question which was answered by Jordan in the 2nd post, right? :lol: NOt trying to be mean, just trying to point out the obvious.

That being said, this is one of the many cars I think I drove at some point, but have no recollection. I've driven the R30 street version in GT4 plenty of times. I should fire up GT2 again soon and give this one a whilrl, just for old times sake. . :guilty:

He bumped the thread, but at least he searched and posted in one that was already made rather than making another one to talk about the same thing. I wish all newer members put as much thought into their posts as he did.

Anyways, I thought it seemed a little Group 5-ish. It is nice to know that my suspicions were correct.

I actually spent a lot of time with this in GT2, because I could drive it a lot faster than any of the GT500 cars. The only car that I liked more than the Tomica Skyline was the 300ZX GT, and I used the Tomica more because racing with it was more of a challenge.

Just had the most amazing spinout ever going for top speed in this thing. Guess it has crazy DF for a reason, because when you drop it to minimum it will come off the track and go flying!

Going around the big banked corner, got a little tuck in and bounce and that's it, I'm airborne, and the tuck in comes down and catches and gives me rotational velocity. Picture a heavy disk that you spin on a tabletop. It spins for a long time, starting nearly vertical, with one edge on the table as it spins and spins, or rolls around or whatever. Same thing in this Silhouette. Must've done 30+ 360's just like that as I ran along the wall until I finally settled, round and round and up and down. Checking the replay I didn't actually have much forward velocity for most of the spinout, just rotational, because that's what most of my momentum was converted to.

So keep that DF up on this baby.

PS it'll win everything but probably not Tuned Turbo-2.

Back