Skyline USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
638
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Messages
scoobyonline2000
Does anyone know where I can go to....online or by phone or in person to purchase a Nissan Skyline? And Any of the models will do, to.
 
scoobyonline200
Does anyone know where I can go to....online or by phone or in person to purchase a Nissan Skyline? And Any of the models will do, to.
Let me ask this:

How old are you?

How long have you had your license?

Are you made of money?

Because you will damage your first car. Especially if it's something powerful and tempting to drive fast. So think about it before you waste a lot of money one something you saw in a magazine with a lot of tire smoke around it.
 
For what reasons are you buying a Skyline? You say 'any model will do', but there is such a variation between models. You could have a rear-wheel drive GT-T, a 4WD GT-R or big heavy 4-door version of the G35, which is given the Skyline tag in Japan. What are you looking for in the car other than the badge?

Welcome to GTP by the way :cheers:
 
Slick6
The only place I know is http://motors.listings.ebay.com/Nis...rtorderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ2QQsotimeZ1QQsotrZ1. It's not easy finding a Skyline in the US that isn't hacked up already. You must have some money.


Hiya! :D :O :lol:

When I looked at that site you posted...I was like...feeling very sick with those prices... :yuck: :yuck: I mean, wut...??? I see Skylines that are not even up to the price of 90K+. 4K.....15K.....That doesnt look right to me at ALL! :O:O:O It's either the seller dont understand the value of their Skylines or maybe and I HOPE its just me being a dumb with the prices...:odd: I just thought Skylines would be worth much more than all of those prices I see on Ebay. And the only one I see that made sense was the ~95,0000 one and that made sense to me :O Anyone wanna explain to me why there are such prices soooooooo low on those other skylines? Unless they are only selling them in Japan, bucuz I just skimmed through the ebay site instead of reading every skyline for sale. :O:O:O
 
Uhh Skylines are not the god of cars most people make them to be, would you pay 90k for any of that junk on ebay? I mean look at the rusted out brakes on some of the pictures.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol:

When I looked at that site you posted...I was like...feeling very sick with those prices... :yuck: :yuck: I mean, wut...??? I see Skylines that are not even up to the price of 90K+. 4K.....15K.....That doesnt look right to me at ALL! :O:O:O It's either the seller dont understand the value of their Skylines or maybe and I HOPE its just me being a dumb with the prices...:odd: I just thought Skylines would be worth much more than all of those prices I see on Ebay. And the only one I see that made sense was the ~95,0000 one and that made sense to me :O Anyone wanna explain to me why there are such prices soooooooo low on those other skylines? Unless they are only selling them in Japan, bucuz I just skimmed through the ebay site instead of reading every skyline for sale. :O:O:O
Actually in auctions there are reserve prices which is the lowest amount a seller will take. The bidding may start at $100 but if the seller's reserve price is say, $60,000, and the bid only gets to $55,000, the car won't be sold.
 
Fenrir51
Uhh Skylines are not the god of cars most people make them to be, would you pay 90k for any of that junk on ebay? I mean look at the rusted out brakes on some of the pictures.

I wouldn't pay $50,000 for a R34 GT-R, or whatever the hell the newer ones are called. Hell, I probably wouldn't even pay $40,000.
 
Slick6
Actually in auctions there are reserve prices which is the lowest amount a seller will take. The bidding may start at $100 but if the seller's reserve price is say, $60,000, and the bid only gets to $55,000, the car won't be sold.

Hiya! :D :O :lol:

Yea that makes sense to me, but... the starting price is wut really gets on my head :odd: :mad: :O I just think it would make more sense to start it 90K+ instead of like 5K... :odd: :O:O:O They vcan keep on bidding like under 40K and never win it :O:O then 50K and still not win and it goes on and on until maybe up to 115K! :O:O
 
It is definitely worth about 50k. They are very sophisticated machines and awesome sports cars. Just not worth the pains of getting them legal over here. *shrug* If they werent so rare, I would probably take a Z06 over an R34GTR...but alas, that is not the case....
 
ShobThaBob
If they werent so rare

Skylines aren't rare, I see loads GT-T's GTS-T's GTS-4's and GT-R's. If I had £10,000 I could go and get me a fairly decent R32 GT-R, or a good condition R33 GTS-T.
 
Race Idiot
Skylines aren't rare, I see loads GT-T's GTS-T's GTS-4's and GT-R's. If I had £10,000 I could go and get me a fairly decent R32 GT-R, or a good condition R33 GTS-T.

You attention whore. He's talking about in the United States.
 
M5Power
You attention whore. He's talking about in the United States.

I know, I decided to completely ignore that fact.

So an option would be to move to a country where you could easily purchace one. I still envy you guys because we still don't have the G35, although if it was released here it would probably be called a Skyline like it is in Japan seeing as we don't have Infiniti.

I mean what kind of name is that?
 
Actually I'm seeing more and more of the current-gen Skylines around. Seeing it's based off the (fairlady) Z, the current-gen Skyline is probably a great car. It was good enough to be top dog in Motor Trend's 2003 Car of the Year competition 👍

If I could get any Skyline, it'd be the 350GT/Sport Coupe :D
 
Race Idiot
I mean what kind of name is that?

As your friendly local Nissan employee, I can confrim that they thought of sending a few Infiniti models your way - the G35 and FX (talk was the M45 and Q45 too but not really because they don't want that image for Nissan in Europe). I don't actually see what the problem is on the FX - I heard that a diesel would be necessary for volume sales but that Renault makes a diesel that would work. That plus the engines we get (280hp 3.5 V6 & 315hp 4.5 V8) would make the FX an X5 competitor in Europe.
 
M5Power
As your friendly local Nissan employee, I can confrim that they thought of sending a few Infiniti models your way - the G35 and FX (talk was the M45 and Q45 too but not really because they don't want that image for Nissan in Europe). I don't actually see what the problem is on the FX - I heard that a diesel would be necessary for volume sales but that Renault makes a diesel that would work. That plus the engines we get (280hp 3.5 V6 & 315hp 4.5 V8) would make the FX an X5 competitor in Europe.

So that means no G35. :(

The FX (The SUV right) would have to replace the Terrano, or would they be able to have one non luxury SUV and one non luxury one. Although i'm not too sure what sort of SUV the terrano is.
 
I think the G35 has a great face but a horrible butt....... It seems too flat...

Eh..... Still if I had that much money to spend... I would consider it in my list... (At this point of life, I'm pretty sure I won't even think of the Nissan GT-R in 2007.... Money wise of course.....)
 
Race Idiot
So that means no G35. :(

I actually don't know. But I'd put a lot of money on, no - not in this style with these engines at this time.

The FX (The SUV right) would have to replace the Terrano, or would they be able to have one non luxury SUV and one non luxury one. Although i'm not too sure what sort of SUV the terrano is.

It's a crappy one. The Patrol too. I'll never understand how each year thousands of Brits get tricked into buying horrible, stupid, and plain bad utilitarian SUVs like the Patrol and Terrano. I mean, when was the last time Nissan spent any money bringing the Patrol up-to-date? 1988? And the Terrano's design clearly screams "mid-90s". The Montero, or Pajero, or Shogun isn't exactly a picnic either.
 
Everytime I see one of these Skylines post I just laugh. So here I'll put the facts out there for you.

1.) For the money Skylines aren't worth it, well in the US at least.
2.) I'm guessing you're young, and unless your parents hit the lotto you can't afford one.
3.) Skylines are over rated, only Japanese fanboys think they are better then God himself.


Ahhh screw it you Skyline freaks are all the same, I'm wasting my time.
 
BlazinXtreme
Everytime I see one of these Skylines post I just laugh. So here I'll put the facts out there for you.

1.) For the money Skylines aren't worth it, well in the US at least.
2.) I'm guessing you're young, and unless your parents hit the lotto you can't afford one.
3.) Skylines are over rated, only Japanese fanboys think they are better then God himself.


Ahhh screw it you Skyline freaks are all the same, I'm wasting my time.

for 1), I agree....(If your talking about those specific Skylines)
2) Makes sense.... (My guess is InD freaks in particular)
3)I think that comments a little over done (Take a chill pill :) )
 
I don't think its over done, I'm sure there are some people (even some on this forum) that would read the Skyline owners manual like a Bible.
 
BlazinXtreme
Everytime I see one of these Skylines post I just laugh. So here I'll put the facts out there for you.

1.) For the money Skylines aren't worth it, well in the US at least.
2.) I'm guessing you're young, and unless your parents hit the lotto you can't afford one.
3.) Skylines are over rated, only Japanese fanboys think they are better then God himself.


Ahhh screw it you Skyline freaks are all the same, I'm wasting my time.

Yeah, were all fanboy ricers, driving our rice rockets! :rolleyes:
 
Well hey at least you admit it.
 
Yeah and we eat rice and only watch anime all day.

Then we laugh at all the fools that pimp out there trucks.
 
M5Power
It's a crappy one. The Patrol too. I'll never understand how each year thousands of Brits get tricked into buying horrible, stupid, and plain bad utilitarian SUVs like the Patrol and Terrano. I mean, when was the last time Nissan spent any money bringing the Patrol up-to-date? 1988? And the Terrano's design clearly screams "mid-90s". The Montero, or Pajero, or Shogun isn't exactly a picnic either.

One of the people in my team owns a Terrano, I think it's a 53 and yes it's not a very modern looking design. To be honest new Pajero/Shoguns aren't too popular, you mainly still see the early to mid 90's versions of Pajero/Shoguns.
 
Race Idiot
One of the people in my team owns a Terrano, I think it's a 53 and yes it's not a very modern looking design. To be honest new Pajero/Shoguns aren't too popular, you mainly still see the early to mid 90's versions of Pajero/Shoguns.

The only way I'd buy a 53 Terrano (or really any Terrano since the beginning of the new reg numbers) is if I got a huge discount from Nissan. Or if I was buying nearly new and depreciation had already done its thing, perhaps more than it should've. Meanwhile I don't think there's any way I'd get a newish Patrol.

I like the Grand Cherokee for you Europeans. 👍
 
You don't see many around though, the local Chrysler/Jeep dealership closed down and became a wine shop. Wow, I just checked the Uk Nissan site and it has 3 SUV's the X-Trail, the Terrano and the Patrol. Although we only get one pickup, the Navara Although i've been seeing more and more Navara's and Mitsu L200's, somehow we are slowly getting more and more pickup trucks. :odd:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back