Skyline USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, let's not make assumptions and overrated "ricer" comments. I think the Skyline is a pretty powerful machine restricted or unrestricted. Its heavy weight is similar to some powerful American cars. But NEVER will I call a Skyline (or for that matter ANY Japanese car) a muscle car. When I think of a muscle car, I think of the Superbird, Torino, Challenger, Hemi Dart, Corvette, AMC Rebel, Camaro, Mustang, you know where I'm going, right? I don't think Scooby has a death wish for wanting a Skyline. I don'r really know much about this person.

I don't have a license and when I first got into cars, do you know what car I wanted? A late 1990s Chevy Camaro. No, I wasn't anti-Japanese-car. I thought it would be cool to own one. I wanted a Camaro (and until recently, a late-model Camaro RS) in candy red because it's a sweet color and I love dark red colors on these cars. But my parents say that the Camaro is too fast and my leadfooting would lead me to a horrible crash. And I'll admit. I had to look at other options.

So where does the Skyline come in? Well let's see. If you're in America, importing a Skyline from Japan to America can cost almost as much as a Dodge Viper. If you're going to mod one up, that's more money. If you want to have it as a daily driver, I probably wouldn't recommend it. You want something in the meanwhile? Try maybe a used compact or sedan. Maybe get a Scion, or one of those affordable, underpowered machines. If you want to take chances, SRT-4 Neon. No questions asked. But of course, it's your call. Do what you want. And note how I didn't make fun of you or the Skyline or Skyline fans. It is really your call. Can you take it? Give it some thought.
 
Race Idiot
You don't see many around though, the local Chrysler/Jeep dealership closed down and became a wine shop.

You never got to experience the Pacifica. :(

It seems to me the only American company that's done well in Europe has been Ford, and that's because they had a base there from the very beginning. Recently Chevrolet, Cadillac and Chrysler have tried to intrude and haven't managed any real success. They could have success if they designed some new models and opened up a few European factories, but it's not worth it. In the end, they have more of a chance going to China, where brand presence is a new thing and the market is growing so quickly it's set to become the second-largest in the next three years.

Wow, I just checked the Uk Nissan site and it has 3 SUV's the X-Trail, the Terrano and the Patrol.

Over here Nissan sells four SUVs. But worse than that, Mitsubishi sells eight total vehicles, four of which are SUVs. And while touting its high fuel efficiency in adverts, Toyota sells five SUVs and two pickup trucks, more than any other single manufacturer. Scary.
 
All I'm saying is that if you think you can take it, I'm not anyone to try to stop you. I believe you have matured enough to know about your likes and your dislikes. I'm pretty sure you can take responsibility for your actions. So, I've answered this question to the best of my ability with as much concern and curiousity as possible. The Skyline is actually a pretty good car. Only thing you have to choose? Rear-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive. I think the rear drive one has lower horsepower numbers, though. And if you go through with this, drive responsibly. You know, none of those pink slip or respect things.

So, what are you going to do, Scoobyonline?
 
Exactly, to be honest this thread is a farce anyway. If you've noticed the guy hasn't come back since his first post. John you have a lead foot, doesn't that make it hard to walk around. :p
 
did any of u realize that scoobyonline200 has never posted after he started the thread..... lol....
 
M5Power
You never got to experience the Pacifica. :(

It seems to me the only American company that's done well in Europe has been Ford, and that's because they had a base there from the very beginning. Recently Chevrolet, Cadillac and Chrysler have tried to intrude and haven't managed any real success. They could have success if they designed some new models and opened up a few European factories, but it's not worth it. In the end, they have more of a chance going to China, where brand presence is a new thing and the market is growing so quickly it's set to become the second-largest in the next three years.



Over here Nissan sells four SUVs. But worse than that, Mitsubishi sells eight total vehicles, four of which are SUVs. And while touting its high fuel efficiency in adverts, Toyota sells five SUVs and two pickup trucks, more than any other single manufacturer. Scary.
Yes but their 4.6 is very fuel efficient compared to the home-team players. And most people don't actually consider them 'full-side', the Tundra and Land Cruiser (their biggest truck/SUVs I think) are like 7/8 scale compared to the land barge Dodge Ram and Durango, Chevrolet Silverado and Suburban, GMC Sierra and Yukon XL, and Ford F-350 and supersize Excursion, and a buncha others that would take 3 pages to name. Hey, at least the Excursion is availible with a diesel. Still, that leaves the RAV4, Sequoia, Highlander and 4Runner, in which 3 of them are car based, two are V6'a and the other's got a 1zz-fe which is the Celica/Corolla/Matrix/Pontiac Vibe motor. Toyota has a very fuel efficient fleet when you look at it from that perspective. The Tacoma's a minipickup. Enough said :D

And let's just leave Subaru's 'truck' (as the EPA calls them) lineup alone, we know they're all car based :D
 
This is hard to explain but here it goes.

Why I want a skyline: I want a skyline because I like skylines, They look nice, they have a great engine, they sound Awesome, and in my view their much more fun (tunning wize) than a ferrari would be, although dont get me wrong Ferrari's are beautiful cars, but for some reason I like these skylines better than those red scarlets.

How old are you? 20

How long have you had your license? 4 Years, but been driving since I was like 13, my step father wanted me to learn young for some reason and forced it on me when I was small.

Are you made of money? This part is a bit more strange. We have this uncle in the family that visits us like almost 1 time every year, about 20 years ago my mother told me he left to Germany to have buisness over there,,,,,they (My Fam) thought he was full of bull or whatever but anyway, he left and wouldnt you know he actually did kept his word. I dont know what he does and I really dont care, but like earlier this year, he came over and was in this wired "Giving" state of being. He gave each of our family members about 20 million each, and just left. We havent heard from him since then, not even letters or phone calls or anything, and we have tried to contact him because, well he's family and we miss him. Anyways, the point is that I guess I got lucky in that I got that money, and yea Im young but Im not going to waste it. The 1st thing I'm buying is this skyline, and thats it. Im saving the rest, oh and Im getting my self through collage and it sure helped, bless my uncles heart. Im already getting bombed for not checking to see the current WORLD record for Trial Mountain, apperranlty a time set on a cuircuit by somebody HAS to be the record for the entire planet. But anways I still think this is a great forum and is filled with intellegant but funny people :) I know there are people here older than me and I respect you to the fullest but I mean Im not young and stupid..... well sometimes yea, but like thats just me!!! :) Anywho oh and I will not damage my car I know how to control a fast car pretty good, but who knows this machine will either be the re-birth of me....or death of me. But hey who cares, life is too short to be wondering about the future!!! life is best lived as it happens!! So HOW ABOUT A BEER!!!!!! oh wait I have to be 21 then huh....
 
Your full of bull ****, honestley you still think your 8 seconds faster than the world record in GT3 for F1 car at trial mountain. Now your saying you have 20 million dollars (I presume it's dollars), these forums do have great intelligent people, but the thing is you don't seem to be one of them. Even if you are a rich kid (which I don't think you are at all) you arn't smart, it doesn't take a genius to work out that claiming to have 20 mil will result in negative feedback.
 
This might take a while.

Victor Vance
Yes but their 4.6 is very fuel efficient compared to the home-team players.

They have a 4.7. And it's not efficient compared to anything. EPA ratings are as follows with that engine:

- Lexus GX470 4WD: 15/19
- Lexus LX470 4WD: 13/17
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD: 13/17
- Toyota Sequoia 2WD: 14/18
- Toyota Sequoia 4WD: 14/17
- Toyota Tundra 2WD: 14/18
- Toyota Tundra 4WD: 14/17
- Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD: 14/18
- Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD: 14/16

I think this might be the single least-fuel-efficient engine on the market considering the number of applications it sees. Even the new Ford F-series does considerably better (15/19 2WD all styles); so does Dodge's Ram and all Chevrolet/GMC engines except the performance-oriented Silverado SS.

And most people don't actually consider them 'full-side', the Tundra and Land Cruiser (their biggest truck/SUVs I think) are like 7/8 scale compared to the land barge Dodge Ram and Durango, Chevrolet Silverado and Suburban, GMC Sierra and Yukon XL, and Ford F-350 and supersize Excursion, and a buncha others that would take 3 pages to name.

Toyota's largest SUV is the Sequoia; their largest truck is the Tundra Double Cab. Comparison vs. class rivals:

- Toyota Tundra Double Cab: 230.1"
- GMC Sierra crew cab: 225.9"
- Ford F-150 crew cab: 224.0"
- Dodge Ram crew cab short bed: 227.7"
- Chevrolet Silverado crew cab: 225.9"
- Chevrolet Avalanche: 221.7"
- Nissan Titan crew cab: 244.2"

Tundra is the longest crew-cab pickup truck except the Nissan Titan. Meanwhile:

- Toyota Sequoia: 203.9"
- GMC Yukon: 198.8"
- Chevrolet Tahoe: 196.9"
- Ford Expedition: 205.8"
- Nissan Pathfinder Armada: 206.9"

Longer that the Tahoe and Yukon, competitive with the Expedition and Pathfinder Armada.

Still, that leaves the RAV4, Sequoia, Highlander and 4Runner, in which 3 of them are car based, two are V6'a and the other's got a 1zz-fe which is the Celica/Corolla/Matrix/Pontiac Vibe motor.

First, only two are car-based, the RAV4 and Highlander. Sequoia and 4Runner are both truck-based.

Also, the RAV4 and Highlander both use 4-cylinders, but neither use the 1.8L you're talking about; both use the 2.4L 4-cylinder found in, along with the RAV4 and Highlander, the Toyota Camry, Toyota Solara, and Toyota Tacoma.

And none of Toyota's SUVs have above-average fuel economy statistics, except the RAV4 which attains such statistics by its anemic performance. In fact, Sequoia's is the worst-in-class when you factor in engine size.
 
live4speed
Your full of bull ****, honestley you still think your 8 seconds faster than the world record in GT3 for F1 car at trial mountain. Now your saying you have 20 million dollars (I presume it's dollars), these forums do have great intelligent people, but the thing is you don't seem to be one of them. Even if you are a rich kid (which I don't think you are at all) you arn't smart, it doesn't take a genius to work out that claiming to have 20 mil will result in negative feedback.


First of all, if you think Im full of bull great. I dont really care what you think of me because I dont know you, and could care less about you. And 2nd who made that record of trial mountain official, that this is the record for the entire game anywhere in the world? And do you know me? how can you say someone doesnt have something when you dont even know them? Did I offend you in some way or somthing? Listen, if you really want to talk about this, e-mail me: scoobyonline2000@yahoo.com. I think great of the people here, but like why are you getting all offended about this? does everything have to go by the way YOU think? so Im young, that doesnt make me stupid? and dude its just a game man, get a life, and if you have one great! just dont get offended by something that has nothing to do with you. But please give me a reason or something that you can PROOVE that I dont have 20 mil? I also didnt say I have....but had.
 
I'll leave the $20 million out of it.

But if you're submitting fast times - extremely fast times - for a record somewhere, it should be easy enough to provide backup verification in the form of a hot lap replay. That's standard operating procedure for this kind of OLR competition, particularly at levels where records are made or lost by tenths od a second.
 
If you have/had that sort of money, you should be able to get a digi cam or something to prove those times.
 
I want an uncle like that too!!!
 
I believe you scoobyonline200 I want a skyline too you wanna buy me a skyline?
 
I had the chance to overlook your text about yourself. I guess to summarize what he said, he said that he's 20, been a licensed driver for 4 years and counting, and members of his family were given $20M by this one guy, and just left. Am I correct?

Having said that, I have no control over what choices you make in life. I'm only 21 years old. I have no handsome wife or beautiful children, so I'm as much of an adult as you are, Scooby. I've had a rough night tonight. Being told that I can't think for myself and focus on more serious issues like getting through college. And so here I am. Disappointed and hate myself for all I've been through to get something lackluster. The point of my rambling is that you and I are basically adults. In pop American culture, a male is a man when he turns 18. You're 20. I think you are responsible for your own decisions. This is only as long as you don't commit acts as illegal street racing, causing accidents, roughneck driving, and the like. I'm not saying you should invest in this Skyline. I'm not saying you should reconsider and rethink getting a Skyline. But through human interest, it's your call. I would recommend being accustomed to slower cars then work your way up. Does this sound familiar? Of course. Look at the Gran Turismo tests. You start slow, then you work your way up. Like in GT2, you go from a Toyota Vitz all the way up to a Toyota GT-One. I mean, I would suggest that heavily. If you choose to race, at least start in karting (just ask Blake or Kart Racer or even Dorifito).

But again, your call. We don't hate you here, many of us just think you're making a potentially horrible mistake. But I'll say this again. YOUR CALL.
 
neon_duke
I'll leave the $20 million out of it.

But if you're submitting fast times - extremely fast times - for a record somewhere, it should be easy enough to provide backup verification in the form of a hot lap replay. That's standard operating procedure for this kind of OLR competition, particularly at levels where records are made or lost by tenths od a second.

Thats the thing, I dont trust sites like that, about entering times.....things like these happen. All I wanted out of that thread was to hear funny things about what bad experiances people have gotten with GT3, I shouldnt have put the times at all, I regret doing that.
 
JohnBM01
I had the chance to overlook your text about yourself. I guess to summarize what he said, he said that he's 20, been a licensed driver for 4 years and counting, and members of his family were given $20M by this one guy, and just left. Am I correct?

Having said that, I have no control over what choices you make in life. I'm only 21 years old. I have no handsome wife or beautiful children, so I'm as much of an adult as you are, Scooby. I've had a rough night tonight. Being told that I can't think for myself and focus on more serious issues like getting through college. And so here I am. Disappointed and hate myself for all I've been through to get something lackluster. The point of my rambling is that you and I are basically adults. In pop American culture, a male is a man when he turns 18. You're 20. I think you are responsible for your own decisions. This is only as long as you don't commit acts as illegal street racing, causing accidents, roughneck driving, and the like. I'm not saying you should invest in this Skyline. I'm not saying you should reconsider and rethink getting a Skyline. But through human interest, it's your call. I would recommend being accustomed to slower cars then work your way up. Does this sound familiar? Of course. Look at the Gran Turismo tests. You start slow, then you work your way up. Like in GT2, you go from a Toyota Vitz all the way up to a Toyota GT-One. I mean, I would suggest that heavily. If you choose to race, at least start in karting (just ask Blake or Kart Racer or even Dorifito).

But again, your call. We don't hate you here, many of us just think you're making a potentially horrible mistake. But I'll say this again. YOUR CALL.

Hey, people like you make this world alot better....no bull just honesty. And Im not the type of guy who would street race. Yea I will be honest I have done it in the past, and I havent since. And hey your not the only one with troubles. Money brings that to you, especially if you HAD alot of it. I am responsible but everything I do I put into consideration, My Mother, Little Brother and the rest of my fam. I would say father but he left when I was 5 years old, but I had a wonderfull step dad from 7 till 18. I am using the money to get through collage, and well Im not wasting it. I just want a skyline to call my own. Sure I'll drive it fast, but I mean with this money my uncle gave me I can pay for a track day or something. Im just 20 and I think you may agree,,,,why do something that will end your life if you got about 80 years left to live!.......life is too short to end it in a horrible crash where your body could be all dismembered by the fiberglass or stuff like that, Ive seen that and thats not the way I want to end. But again, people like you make this
"F" up world alot better, and I say this about everyone in the boards, even those who think Im full of bull, anger is a natural sensation and sure everyone gets it and everyone has the right of doubt, but I mean why judge someone when you dont know them. Still even though I get all this beef , I dont see the need to care about the bad things people say, :) by the way.....
 
Uhm. Ok. So how about you go contact motorex (since you're right next door to them) and go get yourself a skyline. You dont gotta ask us how to do it.
 
You know what scooby, you have in no way offended me, but how many people do you think come here and bull **** about owning supercars and being millionaires ect. My point was that even if you do have/ have had that much money, you don't walk into a forum and tell everyone because even if your the one genuine guy, theres still 1001 others that arn't. But for the record I don't beleive anything you've said about the money or your lap time, however the fact that I don't believe you shouldn't be an issue, I just hope you get the point I'm trying to make so we can just forget about it.
 
live4speed
You know what scooby, you have in no way offended me, but how many people do you think come here and bull **** about owning supercars and being millionaires ect. My point was that even if you do have/ have had that much money, you don't walk into a forum and tell everyone because even if your the one genuine guy, theres still 1001 others that arn't. But for the record I don't beleive anything you've said about the money or your lap time, however the fact that I don't believe you shouldn't be an issue, I just hope you get the point I'm trying to make so we can just forget about it.


thats the thing too, I never intended to tell anyone all that stuff. All I wanted to know was where to buy a skyline. For some reason they were like whatever, why, and stuff and so I had to explain why, but im not a millionare.......I said I had 20, I dont have 20 anymore. and even if I do have that money, that doesnt make me any different than you, or anybody else. But hey I guess i'll just have to stay with that bad reputation because I really like these forums and the people who post here, you get the sort of dedication and "LOVE" for a game, well its not a game really but like an experiance. Anyways, the other thing is that Im just gonna remove the times from the other post too, I should have just said I was doing a hot lap and messed up and caused me to get super pisst, thats all I wanted out of it really, I hate attention and thats why Im trying to get rid of THIS attention....not that anyone will forget about it. But i just dont want to have to look else where, these forums are fun and nice to use.
 
Simple solution - you NEVER bring up the money deal. It's not that hard to do. If you didnt want to bring it up, you dont type it.
 
M5Power
This might take a while.



They have a 4.7. And it's not efficient compared to anything. EPA ratings are as follows with that engine:

- Lexus GX470 4WD: 15/19
- Lexus LX470 4WD: 13/17
- Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD: 13/17
- Toyota Sequoia 2WD: 14/18
- Toyota Sequoia 4WD: 14/17
- Toyota Tundra 2WD: 14/18
- Toyota Tundra 4WD: 14/17
- Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD: 14/18
- Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD: 14/16

I think this might be the single least-fuel-efficient engine on the market considering the number of applications it sees. Even the new Ford F-series does considerably better (15/19 2WD all styles); so does Dodge's Ram and all Chevrolet/GMC engines except the performance-oriented Silverado SS.



Toyota's largest SUV is the Sequoia; their largest truck is the Tundra Double Cab. Comparison vs. class rivals:

- Toyota Tundra Double Cab: 230.1"
- GMC Sierra crew cab: 225.9"
- Ford F-150 crew cab: 224.0"
- Dodge Ram crew cab short bed: 227.7"
- Chevrolet Silverado crew cab: 225.9"
- Chevrolet Avalanche: 221.7"
- Nissan Titan crew cab: 244.2"

Tundra is the longest crew-cab pickup truck except the Nissan Titan. Meanwhile:

- Toyota Sequoia: 203.9"
- GMC Yukon: 198.8"
- Chevrolet Tahoe: 196.9"
- Ford Expedition: 205.8"
- Nissan Pathfinder Armada: 206.9"

Longer that the Tahoe and Yukon, competitive with the Expedition and Pathfinder Armada.



First, only two are car-based, the RAV4 and Highlander. Sequoia and 4Runner are both truck-based.

Also, the RAV4 and Highlander both use 4-cylinders, but neither use the 1.8L you're talking about; both use the 2.4L 4-cylinder found in, along with the RAV4 and Highlander, the Toyota Camry, Toyota Solara, and Toyota Tacoma.

And none of Toyota's SUVs have above-average fuel economy statistics, except the RAV4 which attains such statistics by its anemic performance. In fact, Sequoia's is the worst-in-class when you factor in engine size.

Ouch. :dunce:
 
scoobyonline200
But i just dont want to have to look else where, these forums are fun and nice to use.
Okay, well from now on, if you post something that I thin is a blatant lie, I won't respond for the sake of our personalities not clashing too much and so it doesn't stop you or me enjoying this site. So I'll start fresh with you welcom to GTP, enjoy your time here.
 
live4speed
Okay, well from now on, if you post something that I thin is a blatant lie, I won't respond for the sake of our personalities not clashing too much and so it doesn't stop you or me enjoying this site. So I'll start fresh with you welcom to GTP, enjoy your time here.


hi, and thank you, :) ..and um I've been dying to ask you..WHOS THAT GIRL IN YOUR AVATAR?
 
She's called Carmilla DeCesare she Italian and she was a Playboy playmate.
 
In the interest of trying again, scooby, I'm closing this and your other thread. I suggest you take the opportunity to introduce yourself again, honestly and truthfully.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back