Slightly Mad Studios Teases New Unannounced Franchise

This, or a new Ridge Racer that's been bandied about, considering that SMS is now Bandai Namco's dedicated racing studio.
I will be the happiest man in the world if this becomes a new Ridge Racer, in this case, Ridge Racer 8, going back to the series' roots (from Ridge Racer 6 and 7, along with elements of 3D, Vita and Slipstream) rather than that of Unbounded.

If that were the case, Ridge Racer could definitely stick to using their signature fantasy cars, or mix it with real life cars.

Last edited:
This, or a new Ridge Racer that's been bandied about, considering that SMS is now Bamco's dedicated racing studio.

If SMS worked on a new Ridge Racer then I hope it retains the flashy and upbeat electronic music which is the staple of past Ridge Racers since PCars-esque orchestral scores didn't feel right in a Ridge Racer game.

I will be the happiest man in the world if this becomes a new Ridge Racer, in this case, Ridge Racer 8, going back to the series' roots (from Ridge Racer 6 and 7, along with elements of 3D, Vita and Slipstream) rather than that of Unbounded.

If that were the case, Ridge Racer could definitely stick to using their signature fantasy cars, or mix it with real life cars.

If there is a RR game made by SMS, it will be with fake cars. I don't think BAMCO wants to cannibalize sales of PCARS

If SMS worked on a new Ridge Racer then I hope it retains the flashy and upbeat electronic music which is the staple of past Ridge Racers since PCars-esque orchestral scores didn't feel right in a Ridge Racer game.

Will probably be the case, and they'll get help from Japan in that regard.

So, this new franchise.
I'd guess that the weather system of Project CARS 2 is too big not to be reused. It's sort of racing but not exactly? So it's got to be not on tracks. Even a Dakar licence is racing so it can't be that.
What sort of game would benefit the most from a fully dynamic engine? an open world game.
Now let's speculate. A massive franchise can be a film or series of films. I'm going for an open world Fast & Furious game.

If I were to choose what I want, I'll take Test Drive in a heartbeat. The first unlimited holds a special place in my heart.

Finally freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Funny... Before scrolling down at the post i thought of the Red Bull Air Race.
Why would they develop another car race game for?

My guesses for this mystery franchise:

- A renamed World of Speed (primary guess)
- Ridge Racer (secondary guess)
- A racing game focused on one type of car (like Porsche Unleashed and Ferrari Legends) (tertiary guess)

But I'm leaning towards either WoS or Ridge Racer. If they do end up making Ridge Racer then my expectations will be high. Must beat Type 4 though.

Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends was developed by SMS and published by Bigben Interactive http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/9468/Test+Drive:+Ferrari+official/ . On December 2016 Bigben Interactive acquired Test Drive Rights https://www.gtplanet.net/bigben-int...o-test-drive-unlimited-new-game-in-the-works/

Maybe Test Drive Unlimited 3?
Bigben Interactive took the TDU name because the guy who made the original TDU and TDU2 Alain Jarniou wanted to be the one to make TDU3 alongside his team and David Nadal with Bigben's assistance.

And also there's a correction to the publisher who published Ferrari Legends. If I remember Rombax Games of Atari was the one who published Ferrari Legends not Bigben.

So TDU3 made by SMS? Not plausible but I could be wrong.

First thing that comes to mind for me is a Forza Horizon type game, since it's sorta racing but with allot of other elements as well.
I don't know... I see the racing simulation platform but on different vehicles and the red bull air race is becoming very very popular in Europe.

Probably not a space race game, but I keep my fingers crossed.
A sort of Viper circuit run through the asteroids - hell yeah!

Speedboats, small ones on Bayou style inland waterway circuits are becoming popular too, though that's all still racing. I'd like a multi vehicle cross-country all-terrain game though a lá Fuel.

A sort of Viper circuit run through the asteroids - hell yeah!

Speedboats, small ones on Bayou style inland waterway circuits are becoming popular too, though that's all still racing. I'd like a multi vehicle cross-country all-terrain game though a lá Fuel.

I'm thinking more about Sputnik and Apollo, but as long as gravity is simulated I'll take any kind of space race :P

So... Is this the space I have to watch @IanBell?? :lol::lol::lol:

upload_2017-4-19_14-40-1.png

Back