SLRE Honor System League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 539 comments
I wanted to throw an idea out there and see how many would be interested. I would like to do a PvP championship but it would be near impossible to get us all to agree on times. So what I was thinking is to have two rooms for each rally. One room for the Europeans and one room for North & South Americans. Each group agrees on a time to run the rally and then I just combine the results of the two rooms in a single spreadsheet to determine the final results.

I do realize that this could be very tough times of day for @RallyHOLiC since he is the only Asian.

It would require someone in the European room to use my spreadsheet to enter everyone's time after each stage. The spreadsheets adds up everyone's cumulative times automatically to be able to keep tabs of who is where during the event. I used it a few times when racing with friends and it works well, though it is a pain to take picture of the results after each stage and manually enter the times into the computer while back in the lobby.

Anyway, if there is enough interest we could try it out. Let me know!

Technically I'm Asian too since Lebanon is in Asia! But yeah I know that "Asian" usually refers to far east Asian (for some odd reason that I don't understand).

As for the idea, yeah I think it will be pretty hard to achieve. I mean we've been barely able to have everyone race the needed rally on time even with a full month period (I've been guilty of that too).
But we can try anyways, why not?!?

A further problem with PvP is that we have a mix of platforms. Although I'm easy as I own it on PC and PS4.
I've played a few times against random people. It's fun but with I always end up following the ghosts to my fiery doom.

Guys,
Was anyone able to make the CSL Elite work with this game on PC?! (asking for a friend).

BTW I got this on PC now, (was on PS4), and Oh my God what a game that is. I fell in love again. It's much better than Dirt Rally 2 or WRC8 in my opinion.

We need to resurrect this thread and this competition again. Who's up for it guys?!

Guys,
Was anyone able to make the CSL Elite work with this game on PC?! (asking for a friend).

BTW I got this on PC now, (was on PS4), and Oh my God what a game that is. I fell in love again. It's much better than Dirt Rally 2 or WRC8 in my opinion.

We need to resurrect this thread and this competition again. Who's up for it guys?!

I am. I didn't take part last time and regretted it.

Last edited:
Ok cool @MrCrynox @Scaff , I'll post it again to keep gauging the interest and come up with something eventually.

@SonOfTheBlues @Smithers1968 @RallyHOLiC @Drex124 @cjr3559 @doblocruiser @davilook @Askanishkillo @LaPremier
If you're interested my friend @Pfei , maybe tell Lucas and Nacho and the others...

Haven't played in a long time, and right now my wheel is in a different city because I moved, but it it's still on by the time I get it here, I'm on board

@Georgeagea you absolute bugger. I double dipped & bought it for Xbox, (originally played it on PS4), now on XB1X, since your post I can't stop playing it, it's taking up all my time, it's incredible. I simply forgot how amazing it is, and it now loads so fast & runs at 60fps, (I think). At this rate I can see myself playing it all the way through again :boggled:

Hahahaha @MrCrynox , see?! It's really amazing feeling and I feel so so sad that this sim is so underrated and forgotten. Yeah no VR or fancy stuff, but the feeling and driving is sooooo rewarding. I rejoice after finishing a single stage in a clean way...

Hahahaha @MrCrynox , see?! It's really amazing feeling and I feel so so sad that this sim is so underrated and forgotten. Yeah no VR or fancy stuff, but the feeling and driving is sooooo rewarding. I rejoice after finishing a single stage in a clean way...

Yes the feeling is what's it's still about. I particularly love GBR, Sweden & Finland. So good ! And living in the UK I can tell you the Welsh stages are absolutely spot on, wet slippery gravel, dark dank and miserable, perfect ! I'm trying to play with cars that I didn't use before, at the moment driving the Peugeot 504, its ace.

I made an account just to ask: is this still active?? Any interest in trying to reignite it?

If speaking Spanish is a requirement, I can work that out too! :cheers:

No plans to restart unless someone else here would like to organize it.

People have asked, and the heavens have answered:

REVIVING
SLRE

Since SLRE does not have online league functionality, here we present the basic rules of the competitions and we rely on the honesty of each participant.
Overall, the only prize here is fun with an exceptional game that unfortunately has been lost among the various titles released later.

Rallies Configuration
The three-day rally is used in single-player rally mode. That will fix each rally with six of the eight stages that each country has. Each competition will demand around 45min of play.
The rallies will be single-make cars, out of the cars available for RENT, just in case some participants don't have credits to buy new cars.
Of the parameters available in each rally, only five are mandatory: the three-day calendar, medium damage, zero rewinds, Ideal Path OFF, and easy AI (to facilitate time taking). The rest is open to change up to you (assists, transmission, etc ...):
  • Rally Calendar: Three days
  • Driving Style: Free
  • Self-braking: Free
  • Stability Control: Free
  • Traction Control: Free
  • Transmission: Free
  • Bots: Easy
  • Damage: Medium
  • Rewind: Zero
  • Look at the Vertex: Free
  • Ideal Path: OFF
This is how it should look:
Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo Screenshot 2020.05.14 - 01.14.09.18.png

The Honor System

The "honor system" stipulates that the player must not previously practice the stages. The entire rally starts and ends without restarting either stages or the rally.

Shakedown
On each date/rally, the administrator will designate a section to carry out the Shakedown. Before starting the rally, the designated stage can be run up to five times to tune up the car and get used to the rally environment.

Power Stage
Additional points will be awarded in the last stage of the rally to the five fastest drivers in that timed stage. The points awarded will be those stipulated by the FIA: The fastest will receive five points, the second four, the third three, the fourth two and the fifth one.

Score
Points will be awarded according to the following scheme where the best 10 pilots add up: 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1

How to take part
The accumulated time of the total rally is displayed at the end of the competition. It is essential to take a photo or screenshot of this total time.

In addition, it is important to take a screenshot of the rally settings (in race options), the time of the last stage to participate in the Power Stage. Players who do not submit time captures in this thread will not be able to receive additional points.

As a general rule and to encourage fair competition, it is suggested to take captures of the times of each section in addition to the time accumulated up to that moment. There will be TWELVE captures in total: Rally settings, S1, S2 + accumulated, S3 + accumulated, S4 + accumulated, S5 + accumulated, S6 + accumulated.

It is also highly recommended to take a video recording of the whole rally session, upload it to Youtube and post a link to it in this thread.

Last edited:
So I'll start. It was bad. I had like 6 total spins maybe. Lost loads of time. Thankfully no penalties or heavy damage though!

Video will take quite a bit (days if ever ) to be uploaded (very slow connection and big video), but I'll post the screenshots in the meantime:
S1: 7:06.273 STAGE 1.png
S2: 4:09.383 STAGE 2.png Cumulative S2.png
S3: 8:07.958 Stage 3.png Cumulative S3.png
S4: 4:00.202 Stage 4.png Cumulative S4.png
S5: 6:44.445 Stage 5.png Cumulative S5.png
S6-PS: 4:14.899 Stage 6.png
Total: 34:23.160 Cumulative S6 - TOTAL.png

Last edited:
Well here`s my first `attempt` at this:

Stage 1 6:56.687

Went Ok didnt hit anything or crash, pretty happy considering I havent played SLRE`s Mexico for a long time. Struggling to get used to the handling again!

Stage 2 4:37.454

Oh no its dark, this is where it started to fall apart, crashed twice.

Stage 3 8:07.503

Went Ok didnt crash.

Stage 4 4:00.522

Enjoyed this stage really fast but crashed at a hairpin, car now damaged beyond complete repair for the final two stages...

Stage 5 6:59.153

Worse stage, started feeling determined to get no more damage yet crashed twice & then rolled it. Oh well.

Stage 6 4:29.956

Due to previous stage car now knackered, down on power & pulling to the right throughout the entire stage. Limped across the line.

Total Time: 35:11.275

So there you have it, a crap result ! I have to say I struggled not to click restart ! Hopefully I will do better next round :)1.png 2.png 2.1.png 3.png 3.1.png 4.png 4.1.png 5.png 5.1.png 6.png 6.1.png settings.png

Look at your and my times in stages 3 and 4! Daymn!
Good rally man! **** happens and we're here for the fun! :)

Mega close :)
I'm just annoyed with myself for 2 things, 1, only playing the shakedown stage twice, should have used all 5 goes to get back into the swing of things. 2, playing the game at like one in the morning, next time I will be a bit fairer to myself :) shame their doesn't seem to be more players hopefully we can attract some more as the rounds go on 👍

Wooow this has been a while, and boy it shows.

S1: 6:52.997 T: 6:52.997
S2: 4:30.445 T: 11:23.422
S3: 7:47.330 T: 19:10.752
S4; 3:55.903 T: 23:06.655
S5: 7:00.058 T: 30:06.713
S6: 4:27.096 T: 34:33.809

As it turns out I'm still terrible in the dark... Though it was probably the untimely meeting with a telephone pole in S5 that cost me this one.

Back