Small Specialist Racing-Suzuki Cappuccino RM Championship Signups

  • Thread starter Thread starter coxbox
  • 631 comments
  • 34,823 views
omg what a race from me :D i failed somehow almost every lap and finally when i started to get my grip,my tyres melted -_-,my best with hard tyres was seriously about 1.03.8 :D
 
Good race guys some heavy pressure early on from Sammo:scared: Nice job to him in particular.👍 Guys can you let us know the wet tyre outcome and the laps for Suzuka when your ready no rush.:)
 
Good race guys some heavy pressure early on from Sammo:scared: Nice job to him in particular.👍 Guys can you let us know the wet tyre outcome and the laps for Suzuka when your ready no rush.:)

Will do.
 
Good race guys some heavy pressure early on from Sammo:scared: Nice job to him in particular.👍 Guys can you let us know the wet tyre outcome and the laps for Suzuka when your ready no rush.:)

Thanks johnboy, if I could of held you on my racing hards I think I would of been in with a chance. As soon as I put mediums on I cut the gap, but unfortunately made some silly mistakes. Plus using a controller limits how smooth you can be. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. I think my stratergy needs a few alterations in order for me to win.
 
9436780735_ec5af83720_c.jpg


More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90241458@N06/sets/72157634642456564/
 
Nice photos cox, hope there was no lag this evening.

Roni we need to do some testing together, your car is lightning on acceleration, but a bit loose on the bends. Send me a pic, or details of your settings so that I can get you moving up top. I will be the first to admit that I haven't spent enough time with you practising.
 
Thanks johnboy, if I could of held you on my racing hards I think I would of been in with a chance. As soon as I put mediums on I cut the gap, but unfortunately made some silly mistakes. Plus using a controller limits how smooth you can be. Thoroughly enjoyed it all. I think my stratergy needs a few alterations in order for me to win.

Well the gap was certainly a little closer this week.;)
 
I think for wet track it'd be good to stick on a single wet tyre. I'm wondering if we up the laps a little for the next race? :-). As fuel hasn't really come into it yet. :-(.
 
I think for wet track it'd be good to stick on a single wet tyre. I'm wondering if we up the laps a little for the next race? :-). As fuel hasn't really come into it yet. :-(.

Im with you on the tyre choice for the wet races.👍 Its just my opinion but I feel the laps have been perfect so far and we finish at a perfect time for top gear right now.:nervous:
 
Ahh, but topgear has now finished.
 
Ahh, but topgear has now finished.

LOL so it has:dopey: Well 8pm finish for a sunday night is ideal for me but its your decision ofcourse.:)
 
Ok, I'm only thinking of a few extra. My car run spot on, happy with setup.
 
Ok, I'm only thinking of a few extra. My car run spot on, happy with setup.

No worries just let us know when you guys have decided.:)
 
I would prefer if we keep the race length the same for the first season, then for season two we can review the tracks and the Lengths of the races.
 
I would prefer if we keep the race length the same for the first season, then for season two we can review the tracks and the Lengths of the races.

+1 makes sense.:)
 
Guys im going to have a dabble with this rain thing soon I see 100% rain will it be 100% surface water to start with aswell?💡
 
Guys im going to have a dabble with this rain thing soon I see 100% rain will it be 100% surface water to start with aswell?💡

yes 100% at start, better this way as rain on this game can be unpredictable.
 
yes 100% at start, better this way as rain on this game can be unpredictable.

I agree happy with that.👍 Im guessing its got to be the full wet tyre then.:)

Will be quite a challenge sure does require some decent throttle control:nervous:. Could be more a case of keeping it on the tarmac rather than out right pace.:scared:
 
Last edited:
I agree happy with that.👍 Im guessing its got to be the full wet tyre then.:)

Will be quite a challenge sure does require some decent throttle control:nervous:. Could be more a case of keeping it on the tarmac rather than out right pace.:scared:

OK well at least with 100% rain we can at least look at wet setups.
 
OK well at least with 100% rain we can at least look at wet setups.

What are they?:dunce: I haven't and probably wont change mine from start to finish of this series.:dopey:
 
What are they?:dunce: I haven't and probably wont change mine from start to finish of this series.:dopey:

I usually add more down force and sometimes make the car softer, depends on the track and car though.
 
I won't change mine, the only thing I might add is the downforce a bit more, but it won't make a huge difference. All I do know from testing is these cats are a real handful in 100% conditions. Very early braking is an absolute must and early gear changes to stop the wheels spinning to much. Also setting steering sensitivity upto 7 so that you can catch the slides quickly enough. There will be a plenty of paint trading in this race, will just have to live with it.

Another good word of advice is set the camber a bit higher to keep good contact. And no TC will be available, its down to the skill of the driver.
 
Fair enough I wont be changing anything personally. I just hope this doesn't become to messy that's about the only experience ive had with wet racing.:crazy: Laps tyre confirmation soon please will need plenty of practice.:ouch:
 
yeah,i did some testing too but i couldnt really get a solid laptime,i just changed the cars setup to make it more stable but.... :D
 
I think we run full wets, but you must still pit. Everyone ok with that?.

Everyone will also need to be sensible, we can't afford for a wipe out on the first lap.

I'm also think of the first lap being a warm up, max 50mph. Just to stop everyone on the first lap wiping out. No overtaking and not exceeding 50, line formation until start line lap 2.
 
I think we run full wets, but you must still pit. Everyone ok with that?.

Everyone will also need to be sensible, we can't afford for a wipe out on the first lap.

I'm also think of the first lap being a warm up, max 50mph. Just to stop everyone on the first lap wiping out. No overtaking and not exceeding 50, line formation until start line lap 2.

I agree single file warm up lap would be sensible along with full wets.👍
 
I think we run full wets, but you must still pit. Everyone ok with that?.

Everyone will also need to be sensible, we can't afford for a wipe out on the first lap.

I'm also think of the first lap being a warm up, max 50mph. Just to stop everyone on the first lap wiping out. No overtaking and not exceeding 50, line formation until start line lap 2.

or use the glitch for a rolling start.
 
No, everyone can run one lap at a set speed single file. The pack can get as close as everyone is comfortable, but no overtaking or bumping.

On another note I've been testing and managed a reasonable 2:41:769. The fast left hander at the end of the back straight is very interesting at 106mph. Infact I came out completely drifting. This will be an extremely hard race. I'm also tempted to give everyone more practice time till next week, as some may struggle with this.

2:41:769 is the benchmark.!
 
Back