*SMALL* things that PD could implement in GT6

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 160 comments
2 very extensive write-ups explaining why this isn't an easy fix going into the great details of coding from someone who very clearly knows what they know about, and is very clearly very intelligent, and you dismiss it as "Others can do it so..."? I mean really...?

Not others, they (PD). They did it more or less correct since GT1, and very accurately since GT4. So yeah, they can do it.

YZF
Not others, they (PD). They did it more or less correct since GT1, and very accurately since GT4. So yeah, they can do it.
My reference was more to the other guy.

But, even if they did it right before, that doesn't affect it now. I mean, they redone the physics code for GT5 and modified it for 6, which leaves a lot of room for error.

My reference was more to the other guy.

But, even if they did it right before, that doesn't affect it now. I mean, they redone the physics code for GT5 and modified it for 6, which leaves a lot of room for error.

GT5 - OK
GT6 - not OK (they changed aero physics, quoted by Kaz Himself).

Ofcourse they left an error (bug, flaw, whatever you name it). That's why they should fix it.

YZF
GT5 - OK
GT6 - not OK (they changed aero physics, quoted by Kaz Himself).

Ofcourse they left an error (bug, flaw, whatever you name it). That's why they should fix it.
They cant fix it easily. As explained.

They'll either wait till 7 or Spec II, if they want to change it. But it's unlikely really.

A rear view mirror for ALL camera views.
Ability to move the HUD around.
Ability to have the analog tachometer in all camera views.

Last edited:

They'll either wait till 7 or Spec II, if they want to change it. But it's unlikely really.
It wasn't explained. What was provided was speculation as to what the issue might be and why it might not be easy to fix. It might be a lot of things. It might also be that they don't think it's a big issue and don't care about fixing it. Kind of like camber or reverse ride height in tuning which has been an issue for 4 years. Speculation isn't an explanation it's throwing out guesses and possibilities. No one really knows why things are fixed or are not fixed.

It wasn't explained. What was provided was speculation as to what the issue might be and why it might not be easy to fix. It might be a lot of things. It might also be that they don't think it's a big issue and don't care about fixing it. Kind of like camber or reverse ride height in tuning which has been an issue for 4 years. Speculation isn't an explanation it's throwing out guesses and possibilities. No one really knows why things are fixed or are not fixed.
Speaking of which: I know camber has been fixed but has the reverse ride height thing's been too? Seems sad I have to ask this but I don't mess with it in case I do more harm than good.

The used wheels dealer from GT4.
Ugh, it could be the only way to obtain centerlock wheels seeing how they cut out a lot of wheels since GT4...
oh, I loved that option; I could put wheels that came stock on one car onto another car. It was great.

-------------
Also, I would like the ability to color the stripes on cars that come with stripes.

Missed this post before - could you please expand on point 2, 3 and 5?
I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean/why would you want that (combination of me neither being an expert in cars/GT6 nor a native english speaker probably :lol:) (in fact I'm not even sure my last sentence is correct)
I feel like I've for asked this a million times, but:

-Separate refueling and tire changes during pit stops

As of now, when you pit, fuel is added to the car at the same time that tires are changed. If they are separated, you don't have the cases where you can get 47 liters without losing time OR free tires without losing time when you get a lot of fuel depending on how you look at it. Even if hard, medium, and soft tires were perfectly balanced, having fuel and tires adjusted at the same time promotes usage of the soft tire, something I'd like to see less of without having to change room settings.

-Reset the hp values for LMP cars so that they have what they ran at LM. No, turning the power limiter down is not the same with the flat power curves.

All LMP cars that are 2006 and newer have their hp settings set such that they have about the same amount of hp that they ran in real life. Cars older than that, ignoring the Group C cars, have their hp set much higher than what they ran in races. Even if you were to move the power limiter down to more accurate hp levels, you still get that flat hp curve, which doesn't seem realistic.

-Add units to the downforce numbers in the tuning menu.

Right now, if we set our car to say 400/650 downforce, we have no idea how much downforce is applied and at what speed. That could mean 400/650 kg at 300km/h or it could mean 400/650 lbs at 120 mph. Having units would also help with dampers and anti-roll/sway bars.

New request: Not being forced to change tires at pit stops.

Speaking of which: I know camber has been fixed but has the reverse ride height thing's been too? Seems sad I have to ask this but I don't mess with it in case I do more harm than good.
I'm not convinced camber is fixed. Here's a link to Dolhaus's Google Docs Data Collection on the matter and to me the results don't match what one would expect from camber in real life. The experiment is ongoing. On the reverse ride height, that's the last information I had a few months ago. I gave up tuning early in the game and pretty much only raced or drove untuned cars since.

Are you working for them? Your explanation is of no use .

If it's physics engine issue (most likely it is) then it's easy fix as you change something in ONE place (game engine responsible for aero physics calculation). That's it.

YZF
Are you working for them? Your explanation is of no use .

If it's physics engine issue (most likely it is) then it's easy fix as you change something in ONE place (game engine responsible for aero physics calculation). That's it.
Coding is a universal thing, and I have a little experience in it, with CZRRacing having more than me meaning he can go into more detail about 3D game engine coding.

Me from Unreal development kit and Game maker studio, him from GTA. This is enough proof to make you see coding isn't exclusive to PD.

You might have neglected to read the posts.

Yes they offered potential reasons but they also mentioned that any mistake would mean a difficult correction, as mistakes usually mean they build physics codes around the mistake made. Which is true.

It's difficult to identify the problem legally because PD clearly won't tell us what the exact problem is (Show me a game developer who would...) but even if there isn't a problem and its just a case of tweaking something, that needs more than just one little change to work effectively.

As explained, covering the high possibilities. Happy?

Coding is a universal thing, and I have a little experience in it, with CZRRacing having more than me meaning he can go into more detail about 3D game engine coding.

Me from Unreal development kit and Game maker studio, him from GTA. This is enough proof to make you see coding isn't exclusive to PD.

I am still not sure if you have programming experience or not... in any case I have, a lot, and I can tell you that if it's a matter of adjusting some Class responsible for calculating and output of data, which is used to render car speed and acceleration, then this is just a bug fixing. It's all about adjusting numbers, nothing more. You don't have to, for example, create and draw new 3d objects and other time consuming stuff. It's just adjusting values. And it's a universal (global) thing, meaning that you don't need to adjust each car data because PD uses single engine which affects all cars (they just input various car data and engine calculates output needed for simulation). So it's a matter of tuning physics (most likely aero) engine itself.

I feel like I've for asked this a million times, but:

-Separate refueling and tire changes during pit stops

As of now, when you pit, fuel is added to the car at the same time that tires are changed. If they are separated, you don't have the cases where you can get 47 liters without losing time OR free tires without losing time when you get a lot of fuel depending on how you look at it. Even if hard, medium, and soft tires were perfectly balanced, having fuel and tires adjusted at the same time promotes usage of the soft tire, something I'd like to see less of without having to change room settings.

-Reset the hp values for LMP cars so that they have what they ran at LM. No, turning the power limiter down is not the same with the flat power curves.

All LMP cars that are 2006 and newer have their hp settings set such that they have about the same amount of hp that they ran in real life. Cars older than that, ignoring the Group C cars, have their hp set much higher than what they ran in races. Even if you were to move the power limiter down to more accurate hp levels, you still get that flat hp curve, which doesn't seem realistic.

-Add units to the downforce numbers in the tuning menu.

Right now, if we set our car to say 400/650 downforce, we have no idea how much downforce is applied and at what speed. That could mean 400/650 kg at 300km/h or it could mean 400/650 lbs at 120 mph. Having units would also help with dampers and anti-roll/sway bars.

New request: Not being forced to change tires at pit stops.
Thanks, now I see what you mean :D

Whoops, I guess I didn't read the OP correctly; edited.
👍 Problem with that is that it takes time to record voice lines (in multiple languages no less) and they would weight on RAM - and we know PD is working with a very little amount of memory (probably the reason we can't have good audio samples/livery editor nice things).

To put this into perspective, Naughty Dog couldn't find 47KB to add a prop in a level of TLoU.

I'd like to see what my sector gaps are to the cars in front/behind, not the leader.

This information is already contained within Live Timing, but the gaps you see while driving are to the leader only.

During racing on the course map, have first, second and third position a unique color so you know the positions of the opponents at all time.

During racing bring back the thumbnail of opponents as in previous GT that are pitting or crossing time markers.

making possible to put aestethical stuff on any audi r8- paint-repaint the r8lms ultra and put numbers.
It's not that difficult, they've done that with the AMG.

YZF
I am still not sure if you have programming experience or not... in any case I have, a lot, and I can tell you that if it's a matter of adjusting some Class responsible for calculating and output of data, which is used to render car speed and acceleration, then this is just a bug fixing. It's all about adjusting numbers, nothing more. You don't have to, for example, create and draw new 3d objects and other time consuming stuff. It's just adjusting values. And it's a universal (global) thing, meaning that you don't need to adjust each car data because PD uses single engine which affects all cars (they just input various car data and engine calculates output needed for simulation). So it's a matter of tuning physics (most likely aero) engine itself.
At what point did I say redraw every 3D model? I said you'd have to fix the mistakes then fix subsequent bugs from fixing the mistakes, and with an aero model that isn't a just case of adjusting numbers.

Few little ideas:

- Realistic tow effect in offline races.
- Possibility to randomize the AI opponents in arcade mode from the launch race menu, instead of quit the race and restart until have a good grid. They are unable to create a credible start grid but they can probably do that.
- Not be obliged to keep the button pressed for headlights (kind of stupid...). Possibility to turn on the headlights for standard cars too.

- Engine & drivetrain swaps seem to be something they can implement since I've seen people being able to do that in GT6 by modding their game data.

Latest Posts

Back