SNAIL - Cat & Mouse - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 249 comments
Yesterday, fired up the old PS3 for the first time in ages. Watched the replay of an epic 30 min cat and mouse event at Monza and decided to attempt to make some recordings of it. Had to switch video to standard definition to get the recording, so quality is not very good. Plus, the quality seems to have gotten worse when uploaded to youtube, but here is a short clip of me as the silver mouse.

This is Cat and Mouse!

I always loved playing that game, even more than racing. Sadly I only remember two hosts. Jeffbosandiego and bong something. Didn’t really care for the hosts especially Jeff because he didn’t let anyone under 18 join, which I was at the time when I started playing. But the game was so fun I didn’t care care who hosted...I needed to play.

I've got all the screenshots for the post saved, just ran out of time last night. Was having too much fun in the test lobby with everyone.

@Skills @Jw_wk1010 this is our C&M thread.

Will have a post made tonight

Friday July 20th Combatants

I will add this post to the first page. Please follow the guide, it will make all of our lives easier on Friday night.

Lobby will be open at 9PM EST. BYOB

black.jpg
blue.jpg
red.jpg
white.jpg

FIAT 500F 1968

Step 1. Buy a Red Fiat

red fiat.jpg

2. Buy a White Fiat

white fiat.jpg

Step 3. Buy a Blue Fiat

blue fiat.jpg

4. Buy a Grey Fiat

grey fiat.jpg

Step 5. Go to Livery Editor > Create New Livery and select the Blue Fiat

step 5.jpg

Step 6. Paint > Paint All

step 6.jpg

Step 7. Select this shade of Blue

step 7.jpg

Step 8. Hit Save

step 8.jpg

Step 9. Hit the box under 'Custom Color Chip'

step 9.jpg

Step 10. Select Single Color Type

step 10.jpg

Step 11. Select Color 1 Box

step 11.jpg

Step 12. Select the same shade of Blue (its at the bottom in Color History)

step 12.jpg

Step 13. Save

step 13.jpg

Step 14. Make sure to hit Yes to finish saving

step 14.jpg

Do the same thing for your Gray Fiat. But instead of painting it Blue, paint it Black.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180715164123.jpg

Make sure to also Paint the Custom Color Chip Black. Then save.

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IV GSR 1996

Buy a Red, White, Blue, Black Lancer

red lancer.jpg
white lancer.jpg
blue lancer.jpg
black lancer.jpg

Last edited:
You can slap a couple decals on your cars after you paint them the right colors if you wish. Just dont go overboard on it to prevent the color of the car being masked by all the decals.

Do you pick our partners or do we go in with our partners already picked lol

The first race on each track will feature a 1-2 lap "anything goes" dirty shootout race to decide what the first C&M teams will be. Everyone will be using the Cat cars for this race.
Once the race is completed - everyone that finished in an Odd position (1st, 3rd, 5th etc) will be assigned to one team (ex. Black). Everyone that finished Even (2nd, 4th, 6th etc) will be assigned to another team (ex. White) 1st place can be the Mouse on the Black team, 2nd place can be the Mouse on the White team.

So the 1st C&M Race on a new track will be one with (2) 8 Man teams battling against each other. Same C&M rules apply. Only 1 Mouse per team - the rest are Cats.

The mice will manually set to the front of the grid for every race.

After that race we can start forming smaller teams and utilize all 4 team Colors (ex. White, Red, Blue, Black)
Teams can be decided via in-game chat. Lets try and make sure multiple divisions are being represented on each team (We dont want 4 D1 drivers all on the same team)

You can slap a couple decals on your cars after you paint them the right colors if you wish. Just dont go overboard on it to prevent the color of the car being masked by all the decals.

You should make a ruling on size and placement of the decals if they are going to be allowed. Other wise, some one will put what they think is an awesome different color sticker on their car and in the heat of the moment, can fool the other teams into thinking it's not on the team it actually is.

Oh yeah, I will be there Friday too.

The first race on each track will feature a 1-2 lap "anything goes" dirty shootout race to decide what the first C&M teams will be. Everyone will be using the Cat cars for this race.
Once the race is completed - everyone that finished in an Odd position (1st, 3rd, 5th etc) will be assigned to one team (ex. Black). Everyone that finished Even (2nd, 4th, 6th etc) will be assigned to another team (ex. White) 1st place can be the Mouse on the Black team, 2nd place can be the Mouse on the White team.

If you manage to catch anyone trying to position themselves on a certain team in the "anything goes" race be sure to try and ruin their plan.

Entries so far. I assume you're joining us Tec?

Entrants:

1. @SAMHAIN85
2. @Jw_wk1010
3. @Mully465
4. @Neutty
5. @bigbeefytaco
6. @TexasJDC
7. @THRASH
8. @stelephant
9. @thracerviewr
10. @JamCar0ne
11. @src_ej6
12. @Tecticles
13. @Hellbringer69
14. @I0milesniper

I changed a few rules in OP:

And what are the rules? Anything goes?
Yes - except: NO DRIVING BACKWARDS FOR A FULL LAP. You may go in reverse to help your mouse whos fallen behind, or to wreck havoc on opposing teams. But do this sparingly, you shouldnt need to go more than a turn or two in the wrong direction.

The mice will manually set to the front of the grid for every race.

With how fun C&M is and the fact that a few of us will be streaming, it would be nice if everyone followed these steps so that the party audio will be captured on stream. It makes it much more enjoyable to watch past C&M events if you can also hear the laughter and excitement from the party chat.

To allow yourself to be heard on stream do this:

Screenshot_2018-07-19-11-24-18.png

Go into a Party > Party Settings

Screenshot_2018-07-19-11-24-42.png

Select "Allow Your Voice To Be Shared"

Screenshot_2018-07-19-11-24-49.png

Select "Always Allow"

You can turn off this feature once we finish. But for tomorrow night lets try it.

@TomMang_68 @Raw10_2u @TBongX @Wolfsatz @FREEREVN @suprajef

Any of you guys joining us tomorrow? Were getting close to full. I'm going to give the first 16 priority until 9:15PM EST. After that you'll have to wait until someone backs out and a spot opens up.
If someone wants in you can give them my spot that’s fine. Just let me know. I need to test for endurance car anyway and tomorrow may be my only opportunity for that. This doesn’t mean I want out though.

Thanks for offering @Neutty. Just show up at 9 if you can and atleast run a race or two with us. Would hate for you to miss it completely. I'm sure someone will be ready and waiting to join once you leave

Back