SNAIL - Cat & Mouse - Next Event TBA

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 249 comments
Since everyone seems interested does this mean we might need 2 rooms.

No need for 2 rooms. Just get there early and you'll be guaranteed a spot. And not everyone will stay the entire time, so if the lobby is full just wait till someone drops.

I can see this scenario happening already:

Lobby gets full but someone doesnt show up prepared (doesnt have 4 cats and 4 mice all painted correctly)

When they leave the lobby to go paint, someone else takes their spot. Now they're mad and sending me messages to kick someone.

Dont be that guy! Come prepared. All of the information is in the first two posts.

How are you handling GT Sport? Is a Sunday appearance becoming more likely?

I haven't delved into the game and the options enough to truly know yet, and honestly i don't expect that I'll spend a ton of time on it. It's certainly a fun game to fiddle around with, but not something I will take very seriously. So with that said you shouldn't expect to see me on a Sunday. Maybe I'll pop into a practice room every blue moon but that's about it.

What a fun night :lol: The first timers now know just how fun C&M is. Thanks everyone for showing up prepared with all the right cars and colors. We didnt have to waste any time. This was my first time organizing C&M and the bluetooth keyboard I just got definitely helped with typing out the teams and all that. Still some kinks to work out for next time (I started one race with the wrong number of laps and Tokyo ended up not being the greatest C&M track)

I'll post some highlights and lowlights soon during my long layovers.

Lets plan on doing this again about a month from now. Post some new Cat and Mouse car suggestions so we can test them out, or any general ideas that you think will help improve the overall experience. Like Jam has mentioned, usually the FWD Mice are easier to control, but we can test whatever.

We'll come up with a night when everyone will be available and have @JLBowler pencil it in on the Friday Events Schedule.

Some neat photos: :D

CnM_01.png

CnM_04.png

CnM_Tokyo2.png

We should try the Tokyo with the long straight before axing Tokyo. The long version seems a little wider and the straight may be a lot of fun too.

Need to revise the car colors. When I was on the grey team, I know I attacked my own mouse more than once! To me, my car looked black and the 'grey' mouse is light blue, so... you get the picture. Suggest we stick to high contrasting colors and avoid similar colors. Is anyone here color blind? Last group I ran with had two players who were red/green color blind which affected the Christmas color scheme, just something to keep in mind.

Something else to think about; when trying to think up good cat and mouse car combos is how different the mouse will look among a sea of cats. Such as when using a hatch back for a mouse, the cats should be sedans (without big wings) so their silhouettes are distinguishable. Also, are the roofs of the cars able to be painted?

An idea I'm toying with but haven't tested is using the Fiat 500 as a mouse and the VW bus as the cat! :crazy:

We should try the Tokyo with the long straight before axing Tokyo. The long version seems a little wider and the straight may be a lot of fun too.

100% agree. That variation we ran was just too cramped.

Need to revise the car colors. When I was on the grey team, I know I attacked my own mouse more than once! To me, my car looked black and the 'grey' mouse is light blue, so... you get the picture. Suggest we stick to high contrasting colors and avoid similar colors. Is anyone here color blind? Last group I ran with had two players who were red/green color blind which affected the Christmas color scheme, just something to keep in mind.

I just wanted to keep it simple for our first one by using the stock Brand Central colors. Even then, at least 1 person had a car that they didnt grab from the dealer so their paintchip in the lobby didnt match like you eluded to. That caused a bit of confusion but it worked out.

We will just need to make sure everyone follows the proper steps when painting custom colors in the future. Its a lot easier to verify everyone is on the right team by seeing the correct paintchip color next to their name in the lobby, rather than having to spectate and find out they are in a red car while the paintchip shows black.

I'm also red/green color blind :lol:

The fiat would be a great mouse. I dont know about the Bus as a Cat though :scared: we'll have to test it.

Lets get another one organized soon. If not in June, lets shoot for early-mid July

Back