SNAIL Div 4 - October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly good racing tonight. That last race really didn't go my way. I might've had a chance to challenge CallmeMike for the overall lead but we'll never know :(

@thorracing - Take what we said tonight as advice and come back next week with a cool head. We'd hate to lose any racer.

Fairly good racing tonight. That last race really didn't go my way. I might've had a chance to challenge CallmeMike for the overall lead but we'll never know :(
I think you can sleep easy. You would have had to finish 4 places ahead of him to tie. Still, from what I saw you raced great tonight...some really sweet lap times too. Your Q time on C3 was faster than my personal best lap time for that combo.

My apologies for missing 2 Sundays now.. I've been on the prowl for jobs and have been getting hassles with some real-life issues as of lately. Chances are, I may have to go inactive on SNAIL until further notice.

My apologies for missing 2 Sundays now.. I've been on the prowl for jobs and have been getting hassles with some real-life issues as of lately. Chances are, I may have to go inactive on SNAIL until further notice.
:( You were a pleasure to run with when I saw you in practice sessions. Even if you can't race regularly, feel free to pop in for practice or the Monday night racing, or just to say hi.

I can't believe I was fooled by "thor" last week. I swear if he's there tonight he will get a few words from me...

I can't believe I was fooled by "thor" last week. I swear if he's there tonight he will get a few words from me...
I have lost all respect for that guy.. When I found out who it was it all made sense. The same overly aggressive haven't learned from his mistakes guy who only cares about himself..
They can say what they want about you DP but at least you took the high road ,accepted your punishment and are trying to learn from it..and for that you have gained my respect..👍

I have lost all respect for that guy.. When I found out who it was it all made sense. The same overly aggressive haven't learned from his mistakes guy who only cares about himself..
They can say what they want about you DP but at least you took the high road ,accepted your punishment and are trying to learn from it..and for that you have gained my respect..👍
Here here. On all points.

There will be no thor tonight, he's been banned from Snail racing. Thread privileges only.

Speaking of accepting my punishment, would you all mind NOT giving me any IRs for the next couple weeks until I'm no longer "on watch" for an Last Chance List Vote? Obviously I'm not going to abuse this as an excuse to do anything. I just mean if there's some small issue or problem to please let me know post-race in the chat or in a private message (PS3 or here).

The thing is, a single IR is cause for a vote and I'd really hate to get put on there again because of something they view objectively. We are actually here racing and can speak for ourselves. You might find it a little thing but filed an IR to make it official, but they will objectively see any IR as cause for a vote and they may take it more seriously.

I love you guys, and would hate for something draconian or extreme to happen when it's usually just a little bumpy but respectful racing with friends.

Speaking of accepting my punishment, would you all mind NOT giving me any IRs for the next couple weeks until I'm no longer "on watch" for an Last Chance List Vote? Obviously I'm not going to abuse this as an excuse to do anything. I just mean if there's some small issue or problem to please let me know post-race in the chat or in a private message (PS3 or here).

The thing is, a single IR is cause for a vote and I'd really hate to get put on there again because of something they view objectively. We are actually here racing and can speak for ourselves. You might find it a little thing but filed an IR to make it official, but they will objectively see any IR as cause for a vote and they may take it more seriously.

I love you guys, and would hate for something draconian or extreme to happen when it's usually just a little bumpy but respectful racing with friends.
Oh DP...just when I thought there was hope. Why even bring something like that up!!!
If you just keep your nose clean and your mouth shut (no disrespect ) I'm sure everything will be fine.

It's my favorite color and I don't like how anything else looks. At least they are different. McTrucker is dark dark blue and metallic I believe. Coach is a deep blue. Mine is a cool blue and flip_jj is more pastel or washed out light blue.

In general we have a lot of darker colored cars and as someone who is colorblind they all just look muddy and dark. Can those with darker colors pick lighter variations? It would be helpful to spotting you guys on track without having to get close enough for a number plate or glancing over at the driver's list and losing concentration. 👍

Other colors I am somewhat comfortable with are white, metallic silver, and maybe matte black. Only problem with the matte colors is how they look under shadow or in tunnels. Totally ruins the effect.

It's my favorite color and I don't like how anything else looks. At least they are different. McTrucker is dark dark blue and metallic I believe. Coach is a deep blue. Mine is a cool blue and flip_jj is more pastel or washed out light blue.

In general we have a lot of darker colored cars and as someone who is colorblind they all just look muddy and dark. Can those with darker colors pick lighter variations? It would be helpful to spotting you guys on track without having to get close enough for a number plate or glancing over at the driver's list and losing concentration. 👍

Other colors I am somewhat comfortable with are white, metallic silver, and maybe matte black. Only problem with the matte colors is how they look under shadow or in tunnels. Totally ruins the effect.
By all means, I thought the same thing. My car is a dark grey and will be changing to a brighter silver for next week.

On another note, sorry for the open mic. I did a "mic check" for all the other races to make sure nobody could hear me. Will be doing the same from now on.

Last edited:
Good call, I'll look out for the silver fox. I was thinking of using my real life car colors but that's what I was given, not what I chose. It would be silver with black wheels. Meh. You can have it. I'll stay unless told otherwise because mine is fairly bright and different enough from Coach's. Also, our wheel colors are very different so that helps.

Is whoever that wiped me and Onyx out in turn 1 of Nurb going to self file or do I need to watch my replays? Or for anyone that barreled right into me last night? Do the right thing so I don't have to watch all of these races and file against you.

After having a chance to review the replays of last nights races, I self reported my incident on R2R1. I apologize to anyone that was involved but especially CallMeMike41 and Jaguara333 for the incident. Before the race I had adjusted the height of the wheel on my rig and the wire connecting the pedals came loose. I got it reconnected before the race started but in attempting to insure the connection was secure, I took my eyes off the track going down the first straight. Needless to say I missed the breaking point and blew the turn and thus went across the track. Again I apologize to everyone involved and rest assured there will be no more adjusting the wheel during races.

After the IR, I doubt I will be getting any prizes. Ohh well, I feel better knowing I did the right thing. I will be there Sunday night trying again and maybe this time with no incidents. Since Jaguarar was second by 1 point, he may get Prize B.

DP you never cease to amaze. You had the audacity of asking your fellow Snails not to file IR's against you.... I just took a peek at this week's IR's. You filed 4 IR's against other drivers....tsk...tsk...tsk

Well they did bad things and aren't on the LCL Vote alert. I'd like to get a new clean slate as soon as possible so we can go back to racing without worrying about stepping on glass. But whatevs, it'll take as long as it takes.

Perhaps I am not interpreting the OLR correctly, but aren't you supposed to contact the offending driver via private message here or PSN prior to filing an IR? Is a complaint different than an IR?

Who was Thorracing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back