SNAIL Div 4 - October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to @Adramike for the October win...once again proving the power of consistency - NINE 3rd place finishes! A podium in 50% of the month's races (12 of 24 races).
Congrats to @SlvrOnyx for the most impressive list of podiums, 4 wins, 5x 2nd place and a 3rd. If we used an F1-style points with more points to high finishes, you would have taken it.

Just a note, I think there are 3 IRs pending that could affect final points for the month :(
I will edit the post if necessary.

I agree @SlvrOnyx had a very impressive record. Unfortunately they are using the best 3 out 4 weeks to determine the standings.

I am very surprised but happy that I finished third as I haven't paid much attention to the standings because my time is limited. I enjoy being part of Division 4 and I have benefited a lot from the close racing. Congratulations to Mike & Jaguara, we have had some good battles and good luck in Div 3. I look forward to another season with you guys here and let's make November great. I may be getting a G27 wheel in a week or so as my B-day is coming and all I asked for was a new wheel even if it's just a new to me wheel. My wife is being coy as money is a little tight but I have a feeling it's going to show itself so I'm looking forward to seeing if it is that different than the DFGT. Setup suggestions will be appreciated.

Congratulations to Mike & Jaguara, we have had some good battles and good luck in Div 3.
Say what? I doubt I am going anywhere. You deserve to move up much more than I, regardless of these standings.

Fingers crossed for your G27 :)

Say what? I doubt I am going anywhere. You deserve to move up much more than I, regardless of these standings.

Fingers crossed for your G27 :)

I hate to admit this but I'm really excited about getting a new wheel and will be disappointed if I don't get it. I have about an hour to run some laps, I guess the only combo that is still active is the Supra so I will try and get my times down.

I hate to admit this but I'm really excited about getting a new wheel and will be disappointed if I don't get it. I have about an hour to run some laps, I guess the only combo that is still active is the Supra so I will try and get my times down.
No, I was wrong, the G37 stays as is. Not bad. That car has survived a whole season and into the start of a new one... good close racing in that car I guess.

No, I was wrong, the G37 stays as is. Not bad. That car has survived a whole season and into the start of a new one... good close racing in that car I guess.
All 3 time trial events are open until midnight (presumably Eastern time), if that interests you, I see you haven't logged times on them.

I've ran 2:00.0x in the Merc after 5 laps plus 12 minutes and 1:13.2x in the Supra after 3 laps plus 12 minutes. I really don't like Deep Forest reverse. I can't seem to find the right rhythm. No idea if those times are any good,

I've ran 2:00.0x in the Merc after 5 laps plus 12 minutes and 1:13.2x in the Supra after 3 laps plus 12 minutes. I really don't like Deep Forest reverse. I can't seem to find the right rhythm. No idea if those times are any good,
Thank you for the info, at least now I know I'm in the ballpark. Ran about the same times yesterday before work and I am sure with some practice, it can get a little more out of both tracks. I'd love to practice but this job has no let up, going live with another new system this weekend.

I find it difficult to be consistent with the merc. My lap times vary from 2:00 to 2:02. I find if you're not careful it quickly goes into under steer mode.

Deep in the forest is also problematic. Me and the wall after turn one is on first name basis. Maybe some seat time will help but my best is a 1:13.5. The Sup likes to get airborne!

I struggled with with the G37 too last night! Just couldn't get my rhythm around turn 1 and 3.

The Silverstone combo times will vary a lot because it's a longer track. Mess up one or two turns and that sector gets ruined, add up the tenths and you get a second or two. Just maths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back