SNAIL Div 4 - October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I am not interpreting the OLR correctly, but aren't you supposed to contact the offending driver via private message here or PSN prior to filing an IR? Is a complaint different than an IR?
Yes, a complaint is not an IR. An IR is what you should do no matter what. It helps keep the league fair. The person filing doesn't have to contact the offending driver at all.

I have decided to change my car color. I have never had any another color except black and with a garage of 484 black cars (except the one's you can't paint) can be a bit boring. So look for my new color this week as soon as it's confirmed by Tom. Number is still the same.

Even though I have had seniority I've changed my color twice now because too may cars the same color. Once from orange to green and again from green to purple. So who ever changes their color please don't pick purple.

Perhaps I am not interpreting the OLR correctly, but aren't you supposed to contact the offending driver via private message here or PSN prior to filing an IR? Is a complaint different than an IR?
No, it's not. Historically, players have always been encouraged to settle complaints with each other. If that route provides unsatisfactory results then a "complaint"/Incident Report should be officially filed. There is a deadline for all driver IR filings however.

Yes, a complaint is not an IR. An IR is what you should do no matter what. It helps keep the league fair. The person filing doesn't have to contact the offending driver at all.
Actually, yes, a complaint is an IR. The SNAIL OLR originates from the GTPlanet OLR. The SNAIL OLR has been changed as SNAIL changed but, the basic tenets have been adhered to. The section from the GTPOLR that is still adhered to in SNAIL is section 17, and I quote;

GTPlanet OLR
17: Complaints:

All complaints relating to a racing incident must follow this procedure:

1. Contact the driver concerned privately (GTP_PM or PSN_PM)
  2. Discuss in a manner that is normally acceptable here at GTP (AUP)
  3. If a complaint cannot be resolved privately then as a last resort contact a GTP_Race Admin
  4. Name PM subject title 'Racing Complaint'
  5. Supply Members PSN_Tag
  6. Supply Date & time of incident
  7. Supply Event type
  8. Supply Car driven by driver
  9. Supply Details and any other relevant information relating to the incident

In case the procedure regarding race incidents is not followed and the driver decides to discuss the racing incident in public here on the GTP forum, the driver may be given a warning or an infraction (in case of repetition or blunt accusations) by one of the OLR racing admins.

All complaints relating to official GTP events should follow the same procedure as above, but the complaint must be sent to the designated Race Steward for any given GTP event.

#2 has been added since I first read it about 3 years ago. Some of you may know why.

Having brought all that up, The SNAIL Steward Corps used to have a separate section on GTPlanet where all incidents were discussed. Drivers who decided to employ the Steward Corp when attempting to resolve disputes were required to use the GTP PM system to send their steward and the offending driver the details of any complaint/IR. When the SNAIL Incident Reporting and Review system went live the philosophy of and requirement for notifying the stewards and the offending driver were maintained and why SNAIL requests an email address when drivers submit their New Driver Time Trial. The process for including the offending driver in the IR notification is automated and relieves the filing driver of the responsibility of including them in a PM. Each driver has the option of not including an email address when submitting their time trial and by not doing so is considered their decision to "opt out" of IR notifications.

A complaint is an IR. It used to be called that in SNAIL. It was changed to Incident Report in an attempt to avoid the negative connotations of the word "complaint".

So yes, if you feel you can resolve a race complaint with another driver, without filing an official IR, you're free to do so. SNAILIRR and the Steward Corps are there if you cannot.

Disclaimer: All of the above may have changed since I retired from active duty. I don't think it has.

Disclaimer: All of the above may have changed since I retired from active duty. I don't think it has.

It hasn't.

Nor has the guidelines on the use of microphones. While it isn't strictly forbidden (and personally, I hope it is not...), any discussion during a race should be VERY limited. My general rule is "Whoops... that was NOT your fault!" or "Dang it... I'm offline for my concession to RabidMonkeyDriver..." are about the only things I should say. Commenting on what you think others owe you, or if you think they were wrong during a race is not what the mics are for.

Drive well - concessions are done on track, not in a conversation after a race has ended...

Anyone have suggestions for Car or Track? I will have to make a quick choice tomorrow when I find out what I will be selecting.

We used the California recently though.

Jag, I have many many combos already tested and ready to go. What prize choice did you get?

We used the California recently though.

Jag, I have many many combos already tested and ready to go. What prize choice did you get?
Prize B - I don't know what is frozen yet, just trying to be prepared

I have selected a track, still deciding on car.

20151022_140023.jpg
20151022_140046.jpg
20151022_140625.jpg
20151022_140642.jpg

After my unfortunate incident on Sunday, I was addressing my rig setup and found out that the turn screw had broken on the platform that keeps the wheel level. That's why the wire came loose and cost me my prize this week. After some time I found a bolt and fixed the issue for good.

Unfortunately my wife is ill. Family responsibilities have kept me from practicing this week, and I have to take my wife to Ann Arbor for surgery at 4:00 am Monday. I will not be racing this Sunday to say the least. Good luck to all, and if we're separated next season, it's been a pleasure.

Unfortunately my wife is ill. Family responsibilities have kept me from practicing this week, and I have to take my wife to Ann Arbor for surgery at 4:00 am Monday. I will not be racing this Sunday to say the least. Good luck to all, and if we're separated next season, it's been a pleasure.
I can only imagine what you are going through, our thoughts will be with you.

I am afraid I will be out this weekend as well due to lack of time to practice and tomorrow is my birthday. Have fun and hope to drive with you next season.

Not racing for five weeks. Another suspension. Honestly not even sure why. JLBowler said it's in the stweard summaries but all I see is one little IR that was filed against me for the same thing that I filed against myself.

I'll see some of you for the December season and on Mondays.

Read the description. I own up to mistake in the IR against EBishop. It's a 2 for 1 deal
There is a field "driver you are filing IR against" and you selected Bishop, not yourself. You managed to properly self file the week before. If you feel there is a problem with the way your IR was interpreted, or have questions about the actions taken against you, then you should contact the divisional steward @tezgm99.

Went well last night. Only had connection problems with McTrucker during the 2nd round. Coach took the overall win with 77 points, with myself finishing in 2nd with 75. I don't remember who took 3rd. I think Jag?

Went well last night. Only had connection problems with McTrucker during the 2nd round. Coach took the overall win with 77 points, with myself finishing in 2nd with 75. I don't remember who took 3rd. I think Jag?
Not even close...but thanks for the vote of confidence! I actually won the tie for 9th place (of 11)...though I can be pleased that I had 2 podiums (1st in race 4 and 3rd in race 2).

That's why I love Divisions 3-5. Everyone is of a closer ability level and literally anyone can win anything.

Congrats to @Adramike for the October win...once again proving the power of consistency - NINE 3rd place finishes! A podium in 50% of the month's races (12 of 24 races).
Congrats to @SlvrOnyx for the most impressive list of podiums, 4 wins, 5x 2nd place and a 3rd. If we used an F1-style points with more points to high finishes, you would have taken it.

Just a note, I think there are 3 IRs pending that could affect final points for the month :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back