SNAIL Division 2 - June 2018 season

• Thread starter Raw10_2u
  • 131 comments
All you need to do is type a message "This is a private league racing event ,please join us at snailracing.org " or something similar and address it to persons that enter the room who are not snail members, and msg. participants to start qually, line up,etc.

That part is covered. Last time I hosted there were no connection problems so I don't think I need to test that again.

Honestly, I'd like to be in charge just for the sake of moving the night along quickly. I know we're all friends here and like to talk about that last race, so I would set a 3 minute timer for communication in between races and when it goes off I'm starting the next race unless someone says otherwise. Of course speak up if you need a bathroom break or need to reconnect to the lobby and we'll give you the extra time. That's fair right?

3 minutes between races will possibly speed things up, but more importantly is that enough time for the scorekeepers? I'm not sure, just bringing it up because we would want to allow them sufficient time, correct?

3 minutes between races will possibly speed things up, but more importantly is that enough time for the scorekeepers? I'm not sure, just bringing it up because we would want to allow them sufficient time, correct?
True. I'll just wait until they announce they are done and then set a timer for 2 minutes. That should give people time to get a drink or something and not slow down the night overall. Assuming it's a total of 3 minutes, that's 15 minutes added to the night overall. That's reasonable all things considered.

This is if I'm hosting which is back-up. I assume Raw has it tonight and will do whatever he wants :)

That part is covered. Last time I hosted there were no connection problems so I don't think I need to test that again.

Honestly, I'd like to be in charge just for the sake of moving the night along quickly. I know we're all friends here and like to talk about that last race, so I would set a 3 minute timer for communication in between races and when it goes off I'm starting the next race unless someone says otherwise. Of course speak up if you need a bathroom break or need to reconnect to the lobby and we'll give you the extra time. That's fair right?

We will rely on conversation between the host,scorekeeper,Div. Mngr.,and the drivers in general to determine the start of each segment. We can include you in the chat to insure proper communication.If this is not to your liking,we can find someone else to carry the responsibility. Thank you!

I'll be there and can be backup data, or whatever else needs filling that I can do. Remember though, I can't upload replays for some reason.

There is no set time between races. You verify that the scorekeeper is done, you change the track if necessary, you get everyone on track and verify a driver count, and you start the next race / qualifying session. There shouldn't be any thinking going on here. It's all spelled out for you. If someone leaves the room, they have three minutes to return or you start without them. If someone needs a bathroom break, they need to speak up and let you know when they're back.

And in an ideal world we would have data and scores instantly entered, no one would chat, and we would move along to the next race like robots.

We are a well-oiled machine but people being people will want to socialize a little between races. I would be casual enough to allow time between races but serious enough to put it to a hard timer and start the next race immediately after so as not to drag the night on. I'm well aware of the timers in place for someone leaving the room.

To anyone that ever needs a minute, leave the track as well so that you can re-enter when you return. This gives the host a clear signal that you are ready.

Hey guys, I had internet trouble at first, but now I’m back, is it to late for me to join now?

Sorry bout last night fellas, I went from network issues to basically just getting frustrated!:banghead: Sorry for exiting without voting, or finishing the race, that really isn't like me at all. Vote is 1 if it's not too late.

Don't feel all alone there. It was a confusing night,hard to remain focused with all the commotion.Thanks for your effort,it is appreciated.Don't worry about time when you are doing this task,not everybody can be @BradESPN ! and you will find that most of us aren't in a big hurry as long as other things are going smoothly,,,,,,which definitely wasn't happening last night.

Last edited:
Please do not enter anything to the score sheets after I pushed it to Data without tagging me. Once I have pushed the scores and votes to Data we could lose that information, and it could also have an effect on the overall results or votes. I'm not saying we can't add entries or make corrections, what I'm saying is you need to notify me if you do that so I can make sure the data sheets are updated as well.

Please do not enter anything to the score sheets after I pushed it to Data without tagging me. Once I have pushed the scores and votes to Data we could lose that information, and it could also have an effect on the overall results or votes. I'm not saying we can't add entries or make corrections, what I'm saying is you need to notify me if you do that so I can make sure the data sheets are updated as well.
I'm assuming this is in response to me adding the vote for DublDee? I'm sorry, I didn't know. Next time I'll do that.

Latest Posts

Back