SNAIL Division 4 October Season

Discussion in 'SNAIL Archives' started by TexasJDC, Oct 6, 2018.

1. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Big thanks to everyone who showed up it was a rough night for sure that kart was a handful and switching to the bmw was just as hard for most. Thanks @Nick Cannella @JamCar0ne @Skills and @racingchamp30 for all the hard work you guys put in to keep D4 running outstanding job by all. If you get a chance and want a good laugh check out the R2R2 and fast forward to the corner before the last lap and watch me turn the kart into a lawnmower lol still kicking myself for that one. Congratulations to all the winners and podium finishers good racing tonight!

2. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Good racing last night gentlemen. There were some bumps and bruises along the way but everyone maintained their composure very well.
    I must also apologize for setting the wrong time for Round 3 Race 1. My mistake, won’t happen again. I reported myself to the BOD for this error.

3. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

A couple shots of the Mayhem on the Mountain!

F6AF4E4E-2DCB-43A1-9667-E805B819CF72.jpeg 3DC11F6A-7D73-4BE3-A7A5-579CA62DFB8F.jpeg

TexasJDC likes this.
  4. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Lol wild ride for sure

Nick Cannella likes this.
  5. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

Anyone know confirmed combo next week?

6. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Hasn’t been announced yet, nor the official winners for selection

7. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Delete

ChauncyMarsh likes this.
  8. Bologna_Duc

Bologna_Duc

I need a little bit of guidance. Sunday I used the same BMW that I used last weekend. Haven't changed any settings. I practiced all week on Panorama with the same car (time trial mode, not lobby). I struggled mightily to get into the :15's. I saw the reported lap times of :07 and less. I went and bought a new stock BMW and tried it in TT mode. Same results, :15's.

On Sunday I used the same BMW as last weekend. I couldn't drive the car during qualifying. I started to figure it out and was getting :09 lap times.

I think I know what the lobby settings are. But something was dramatically different this time and I don't know enough about game settings to troubleshoot. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated so I don't make the same mistake for next weekend races.

9. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

From my guess driving the car in TT will be very different than practicing in a lobby idk why but the grip and car are very different. Also I can't speak for everyone but going from the kart to the bmw messed me up alot earlier in the week when I would go from practicing kart to practicing bmw some people in the main thread said it takes a few laps to get the eyes and brain back on the same track bc the kart handles so much differently than the cars. Hopefully that helps but if I'm wrong guys correct me please I would like to hear a few other view points and see if it was just me or it took a few laps to get back in the rhythm

10. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne

I do the bulk of my practice in TT mode and usually the lap time difference is within a second of lobby times. Mt Panorama is one of those tracks where you can lose a LOT of time even when you think you are driving right on the edge of your limit, from something as simple as choosing the wrong gear across the mountain.

Nick Cannella and TexasJDC like this.
  11. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Bmw is staying, kart is out, nsx/Nurburgring on the chopping block thanks @Nick Cannella for the heads up

12. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

And our own @racingchamp30 gets the prize B selection. Way to go RC

TexasJDC likes this.
  13. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Since i already used prize C this season, all of you in D4 will be able to vote what you want to freeze. Once the all clear is given, i am planning to use the freeze so that each of you get a chance to vote either freezing the NSX or the track.

Nick Cannella and TexasJDC like this.
  14. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You do realize that you can take Prize B and choose a car or track after the freeze is chosen by the other prize winner???

15. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

Yes

16. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

17. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Good enough. Just making sure all the options were understood.

The all clear was given about an hour ago so if you could post your choice in the main thread, we can get started on the voting.

18. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

We should know new combos tonight (hopefully) if so I'll have a room up and post the room number here and main thread

19. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

I'll be available between 5-7 (central) today, hopefully. I'll look for ya.

TexasJDC likes this.
  20. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Ok I'll try to get on early but more than likely it will be around 9 bc dealerships dont believe in regular hours around here lol

21. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

I’ll join up this evening

TexasJDC likes this.
  22. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

All good. I have a small window b/c I'm on dinner duty tonight. I will def be on tomorrow.

23. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

No worries man

24. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

The Nissan Motul Autech GT-R ‘16
    Racing Hard Tires
    $800,000
    My average was a 1:51.500
    @ Nurburgring GP

25. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01 - Autódromo de Interlagos 8:30 Clear

26. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Porsche livery completed.

9C855BDC-3963-44E2-8F5A-D948AC874FBD.jpeg

TexasJDC and ChauncyMarsh like this.
  27. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

Oh, how you've grown. You went from asking others to make liveries for you to whipping out full on masterpiece's in minutes. I'm getting verclempt...our little boy is all grown up.

28. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

LOL....Thanks @ChauncyMarsh.

72181CD9-D62E-474D-A7D1-A1432F119FA2.jpeg

JamCar0ne, ChauncyMarsh and TexasJDC like this.
  29. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

BTW, I've successfully changed my psn id to ChauncyMarsh...I think. It showed up as ChauncyMarsh in game yesterday and in Sport Race. I didn't join any lobbies (and didn't have time to get to Tex room). I tried to get to Playstation.com from my work computer and got a 403 error today. There's no way it's related to my name change but it means I'm unable to navigate gran-turismo.com b/c I can't login b/c the login button takes me to playstation.com which keeps 403'ing me. Argh! Makes me doubly mad b/c I can't "discover" decals for our new cars and am tired of what I have already.

Will keep trying an will hopefully be in on some practice tonight.

TexasJDC and Nick Cannella like this.
  30. TexasJDC

TexasJDC Premium

Good luck tonight guys last race weekend of the october season @racingchamp30 @Bologna_Duc and @McTrucker have a tight battle going for 1st place....can we confirm duties for tonight's race