SNAIL Division 4 October Season

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 132 comments
Big thanks to everyone who showed up it was a rough night for sure that kart was a handful and switching to the bmw was just as hard for most. Thanks @Nick Cannella @JamCar0ne @Skills and @racingchamp30 for all the hard work you guys put in to keep D4 running outstanding job by all. If you get a chance and want a good laugh check out the R2R2 and fast forward to the corner before the last lap and watch me turn the kart into a lawnmower lol still kicking myself for that one. Congratulations to all the winners and podium finishers good racing tonight!

Good racing last night gentlemen. There were some bumps and bruises along the way but everyone maintained their composure very well.
I must also apologize for setting the wrong time for Round 3 Race 1. My mistake, won’t happen again. I reported myself to the BOD for this error.

A couple shots of the Mayhem on the Mountain!

F6AF4E4E-2DCB-43A1-9667-E805B819CF72.jpeg
3DC11F6A-7D73-4BE3-A7A5-579CA62DFB8F.jpeg

I need a little bit of guidance. Sunday I used the same BMW that I used last weekend. Haven't changed any settings. I practiced all week on Panorama with the same car (time trial mode, not lobby). I struggled mightily to get into the :15's. I saw the reported lap times of :07 and less. I went and bought a new stock BMW and tried it in TT mode. Same results, :15's.

On Sunday I used the same BMW as last weekend. I couldn't drive the car during qualifying. I started to figure it out and was getting :09 lap times.

I think I know what the lobby settings are. But something was dramatically different this time and I don't know enough about game settings to troubleshoot. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated so I don't make the same mistake for next weekend races.

From my guess driving the car in TT will be very different than practicing in a lobby idk why but the grip and car are very different. Also I can't speak for everyone but going from the kart to the bmw messed me up alot earlier in the week when I would go from practicing kart to practicing bmw some people in the main thread said it takes a few laps to get the eyes and brain back on the same track bc the kart handles so much differently than the cars. Hopefully that helps but if I'm wrong guys correct me please I would like to hear a few other view points and see if it was just me or it took a few laps to get back in the rhythm

I do the bulk of my practice in TT mode and usually the lap time difference is within a second of lobby times. Mt Panorama is one of those tracks where you can lose a LOT of time even when you think you are driving right on the edge of your limit, from something as simple as choosing the wrong gear across the mountain.

Since i already used prize C this season, all of you in D4 will be able to vote what you want to freeze. Once the all clear is given, i am planning to use the freeze so that each of you get a chance to vote either freezing the NSX or the track.

Since i already used prize C this season, all of you in D4 will be able to vote what you want to freeze. Once the all clear is given, i am planning to use the freeze so that each of you get a chance to vote either freezing the NSX or the track.

You do realize that you can take Prize B and choose a car or track after the freeze is chosen by the other prize winner???

We should know new combos tonight (hopefully) if so I'll have a room up and post the room number here and main thread

Ok I'll try to get on early but more than likely it will be around 9 bc dealerships dont believe in regular hours around here lol

BTW, I've successfully changed my psn id to ChauncyMarsh...I think. It showed up as ChauncyMarsh in game yesterday and in Sport Race. I didn't join any lobbies (and didn't have time to get to Tex room). I tried to get to Playstation.com from my work computer and got a 403 error today. There's no way it's related to my name change but it means I'm unable to navigate gran-turismo.com b/c I can't login b/c the login button takes me to playstation.com which keeps 403'ing me. Argh! Makes me doubly mad b/c I can't "discover" decals for our new cars and am tired of what I have already.

Will keep trying an will hopefully be in on some practice tonight.

Back