SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
I know I might catch some heck for the this but can we go over and CLEARY STATE the out of bounds on this track. Just thinking ahead beacuse you can gain alot of time by riding the rumble strips a little bit too far.

I am just trying to prevent drama with the upcoming race. That is all

You answered your statement. Two tyres on rumbles. If you go outside of that you should conceive 1second. Use your best judgment

Just putting this out there because I witnessed a lot of “abuse” during “practice” last night. I know I lifted during “most” trips OBB...others, not so much

Tbh I the times i did push the boundaries it really hurt my lap times. Ex I ran a 58.4 fast lap but when i would run wide in turns 1 or 5 or 6 it hurt my time to a 59.2 or 59.3

If your talking about the mileage exchange;
The Exchange has a two-week cycle, changing all items one week and all but the cars the next.
Basically the cars are available for two weeks

Well, then everyone should feel free to pick a Mileage Exchange car if it’ll be available on race night. I’d hate to turn away a (SNAIL) noob because they can’t buy the car.

News to me, I always thought everything changed every Monday.

I agree with Brad, if the car you want to choose will still be available on race day then pick away.
Everyone should have loads of mileage points leftover at this point.
Been like that since the launch, cars changed every two weeks. They just cycle through...I’ve got them all.

Unfortunately I’m not feeling well and sweating for 90 minutes sounds like a terrible idea.

@Neutty can you host the main lobby?

@Herimopp89 can you host the D2 lobby again?

I think we should start in a single lobby, and split as needed.

Oh, and can someone send me the race results after the race(s)?

Unfortunately I’m not feeling well and sweating for 90 minutes sounds like a terrible idea.

@Neutty can you host the main lobby?

@Herimopp89 can you host the D2 lobby again?

I think we should start in a single lobby, and split as needed.

Oh, and can someone send me the race results after the race(s)?
I can handle that!!

Room should be open right around 7:30. Herimopp copy the settings so we can make the move to 2 rooms efficiently.

Hope you get to feeling better man.

So I did some combo testing, the Peugeot 908 2010 detuned to 80% power (560HP) at Le mans with chicane at 22:00 both fuel and tires on 2x will make for some really really good racing. It also opens up the classic multi-class racing of lmp1/2 and gt cars which is always fun. Let me know what your thoughts are on detuning a car (but leaving the weight and suspension the same).

So I did some combo testing, the Peugeot 908 2010 detuned to 80% power (560HP) at Le mans with chicane at 22:00 both fuel and tires on 2x will make for some really really good racing. It also opens up the classic multi-class racing of lmp1/2 and gt cars which is always fun. Let me know what your thoughts are on detuning a car (but leaving the weight and suspension the same).

I'm hesitant to allow detuning in general, but let's give it a shot this week.

Is this your Prize A selection then?

Integrity of the Drivers will have an opportunity to become Trustworthy.

I ran in an LMP3 series over the summer with the IRS crew. It used a Toyota TS030 detuned to roughly estimate an LMP3 car. It was absolutely sublime. Even though it was a tuning series I left it basically default and had no problem keeping up because it drove so well and set for the turns perfectly. We drove at a myriad of tracks and it felt perfect everywhere we went. I truly wish pd gave us more variety and we didn’t need to manufacture these types of cars but I think it’s a great pick.

On another note though, I regretfully must withdraw from the endurance racing league. With a young kid and pregnant wife it has been an issue that I am tied to the PlayStation for 2 straight hours with no way to help out. On sundays the breaks between races allow me to take care of little things quickly and worst case I can sit out a race or 2 to help with something but last night I was called upon a few times and had no way to assist without killing my race. I did help my kid get his footie pj’s back on after he went potty during my second to last pit stop and came back to see my car exiting pit lane into the grass ahead of a pack of cars. Thought I had plenty of time since i was taking a full load of fuel but my pit crew was breaking records.

Standings and Prize Winners Update

upload_2018-10-3_8-59-19.png

*Ineligible for prizes/season championship (non-official driver)

upload_2018-10-3_9-36-12.png

*Ineligible for prizes/season championship (non-official driver)

Prize A - @MSgtGunny - You get to pick the car and track for D1 next week. Please make your selection by EOD Friday in order to give the Prize B winner time to make a selection.

Prize B - @Herimopp89 - Once the Prize A winner has finalized his selection, you can pick the car for D2.

I ran in an LMP3 series over the summer with the IRS crew. It used a Toyota TS030 detuned to roughly estimate an LMP3 car. It was absolutely sublime. Even though it was a tuning series I left it basically default and had no problem keeping up because it drove so well and set for the turns perfectly. We drove at a myriad of tracks and it felt perfect everywhere we went. I truly wish pd gave us more variety and we didn’t need to manufacture these types of cars but I think it’s a great pick.

On another note though, I regretfully must withdraw from the endurance racing league. With a young kid and pregnant wife it has been an issue that I am tied to the PlayStation for 2 straight hours with no way to help out. On sundays the breaks between races allow me to take care of little things quickly and worst case I can sit out a race or 2 to help with something but last night I was called upon a few times and had no way to assist without killing my race. I did help my kid get his footie pj’s back on after he went potty during my second to last pit stop and came back to see my car exiting pit lane into the grass ahead of a pack of cars. Thought I had plenty of time since i was taking a full load of fuel but my pit crew was breaking records.

Sorry to hear that, but completely understandable. I hope you can at least race with us occasionally.

I think i seen that i was wandering what happened...That's okay at one point my wife called ( she never calls at 10:15 at night) and i had to answer it and i had a nice drive in the grass. So i feel your pain.

Sorry to hear that, but completely understandable. I hope you can at least race with us occasionally.

I love the series so if I think I can race without interruption I will join. Otherwise I may just race and park it if I need to step away. I just don’t want to hold a permanent spot knowing that I have a difficult time committing especially given the state of things.

I love the series so if I think I can race without interruption I will join. Otherwise I may just race and park it if I need to step away. I just don’t want to hold a permanent spot knowing that I have a difficult time committing especially given the state of things.

That's unfortunate - luckily my wife isn't pregnant and my daughter goes to sleep at 8pm - so my wife knows Tuesday nights is my endurance night.

We had some good racing last night, 2 separate times I leave pit lane to see you racing me into turn 2, it was fun.

@gtr3123
It was fun having you race with us last night, if you're interested in doing this regularly, we race an endurance race every Tuesday night - more details are at the start of this thread.
It's multiclass, if we have enough people we split the lobbies - but you'll definitely be racing in D1. Normally the D1/D2 cars are faster/slower than each other, last night was a bit of an anomaly that they were running similar times.

Integrity of the Drivers will have an opportunity to become Trustworthy.

I'm not sure what you mean - but if you're speaking about trusting people that they've detuned to the correct power - there is a way for you to check on weight/HP before the lobby starts.

The only thing we can't check is tuning, but I'm fairly certain the setting that blocks tuning, doesn't block changing of horsepower/weight - so the only thing that I know of that we have to trust people about is - track limits, and brake balance.

That's unfortunate - luckily my wife isn't pregnant and my daughter goes to sleep at 8pm - so my wife knows Tuesday nights is my endurance night.

We had some good racing last night, 2 separate times I leave pit lane to see you racing me into turn 2, it was fun.

@gtr3123
It was fun having you race with us last night, if you're interested in doing this regularly, we race an endurance race every Tuesday night - more details are at the start of this thread.
It's multiclass, if we have enough people we split the lobbies - but you'll definitely be racing in D1. Normally the D1/D2 cars are faster/slower than each other, last night was a bit of an anomaly that they were running similar times.

I'm not sure what you mean - but if you're speaking about trusting people that they've detuned to the correct power - there is a way for you to check on weight/HP before the lobby starts.

The only thing we can't check is tuning, but I'm fairly certain the setting that blocks tuning, doesn't block changing of horsepower/weight - so the only thing that I know of that we have to trust people about is - track limits, and brake balance.
That is correct, you can allow tuning of weight and power without letting people touch suspensions, aero, diff, etc. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it.

I'm hesitant to allow detuning in general, but let's give it a shot this week.

Is this your Prize A selection then?
I would like to run a few laps with people to make sure the tire wear and fuel rates are right, as well as power (at stock power you red line pretty early on the straights)

Back