SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
I'm going to hop on in about half an hour and create a test room for the combo idea posted above if anyone is available. @Herimopp89

I apologize gunny I proply wont be able to practice tonight. If I am able it will be later proply after 10 PM est.

I know this may seem out of the ordinary but what would my fellow d2 drivers like to drive is this is the combo the gunny indeed goes for I personally would like something in the GR3 category

I apologize gunny I proply wont be able to practice tonight. If I am able it will be later proply after 10 PM est.

I know this may seem out of the ordinary but what would my fellow d2 drivers like to drive is this is the combo the gunny indeed goes for I personally would like something in the GR3 category

I know I'm not d2, but with gunny's car basically being an LMP2, you can choose group 1 (LMP1) or gt3 and the cars will interact perfectly.

I know I'm not d2, but with gunny's car basically being an LMP2, you can choose group 1 (LMP1) or gt3 and the cars will interact perfectly.

I wasn't sure what class the car would fall under I thought it was lmp1... not 100 percent up to date on all off that stuff lol

If we get 2 different GR.1 cars I think that will make for some fun racing. Say D2 in the Porsche GR1

I was personally thinking either the Porsche or the Audi.

So to give @Herimopp89 some time, I'm going to go ahead and pick what I posted earlier.

Peugeot 908 2010 detuned to 80% power (560HP) at Le mans with chicane at 22:00 both fuel and tires on 2x

Edit: Racing tires

Do you have a lap time at all? So i can make sure that the cars aren't too close when i go to test it.

I was personally thinking either the Porsche or the Audi.

Do you have a lap time at all? So i can make sure that the cars aren't too close when i go to test it.
The Peugeot is going to be around 3:30 a lap depending on tire and fuel load +-5 seconds or so.

Hey let me ask you guys something. I just starting doing some of the endurance league races under the Campaign section and every time I start a race my tank is only ~3/4 full, doesn;t seem to matter which race or what car I use. I have looked around for a setting in the game related to that but haven't seen one. I watched some youtube vids of some of these races and their cars seem to start full. i figured you guys may know about this, is this set someplace in the game? Thanks!

Hey let me ask you guys something. I just starting doing some of the endurance league races under the Campaign section and every time I start a race my tank is only ~3/4 full, doesn;t seem to matter which race or what car I use. I have looked around for a setting in the game related to that but haven't seen one. I watched some youtube vids of some of these races and their cars seem to start full. i figured you guys may know about this, is this set someplace in the game? Thanks!

I'm not aware of any system-level setting to control the starting fuel percentage - unfortunately (for you), this has just worked for us without any issues. My only suggestion would be to stop doing campaign endurance races, and... just race with us instead!

@BradESPN I unfortunately will be out of town this weekend is there any chance that someone else from D2 that could choose the car for D2. I was hoping to practice before we left but my wife had other plans

There is actually a setting where you can set the initial fuel load of the car... it's towards the bottom of the settings when you set the room up

@BradESPN I unfortunately will be out of town this weekend is there any chance that someone else from D2 that could choose the car for D2. I was hoping to practice before we left but my wife had other plans

That’s fine with me - @THRASH, you finished second in D2 last week so Prize B will fall to you. Let us know if you can’t make a choice by Sunday night and we can defer Prize B to @TEX36 (P3 last week).

That’s fine with me - @THRASH, you finished second in D2 last week so Prize B will fall to you. Let us know if you can’t make a choice by Sunday night and we can defer Prize B to @TEX36 (P3 last week).

I am sadly going to defer. I am out for the next two weeks so I wouldn’t want to pick a car I’m not driving.

568C06F4-989B-4B97-82DD-98547DD84D70.jpeg

The 2nd Alternate has chosen the
Mercedes Benz AMG HTP Motorsport GT3 2016 Gr 3
613 hp - 2,921 lbs -$450,000
Lap times: 4:00

I'll be hosting a 50-minute practice race tonight at 9:00 (EST). During tonight's practice we're going to give 'Track Limit' and 'Wall Contact' penalties a shot. It's just too easy to hop chicanes at Le Mans, and a little too tempting when you're all alone (as is often the case for endurance races, even if you're doing well).

It'll never be realistic to rely on IRs to catch non-contact penalties in our series (in Sunday SNAIL you can usually count on someone behind you noticing/filing an IR, but in our series the cars are usually much more isolated), so I'm hoping the in-game penalty system will be a good compromise.

For contact penalties, we need an IR system - hopefully this can be something we start in Season 4.

May I suggest that all D-2 cars have the Yellow headlights? Would certainly help to know who/what is behind you ..... from a distance.

This is a really good idea.

Maybe this should be the expectation going forward? Slower car = yellow headlights?

This is a really good idea.

Maybe this should be the expectation going forward? Slower car = yellow headlights?

Very good idea but not all cars are able to be equipped with yellow lights. i know that alot of lower n class cars it isn't allowed but for this race i think it makes great sense to me. Also I don't know how many use the DS4 but I would personally suggest changing the button to flash you high beams from R3.

Last edited:
Back