SNAIL - Endurance Series (Archive)

• Thread starter BradESPN
  • 3,788 comments
Room still available? After a long heart to heart (and turning on the a/c) my ps4 has not overheated. This may not be the combo i should be dipping my toe back in with but yolo!

I will not be racing tonight, I've had zero practice and am so far off any kind of pace here. I'll be back next week for our regularly scheduled program.

I won't be able to participate in tomorrow's enduro. See you all for the next one (as well as anyone in Survivor and Sunday racing)!

I'll make a spot for someone... unfortunately I can't make it tonight

I will not be racing tonight, I've had zero practice and am so far off any kind of pace here. I'll be back next week for our regularly scheduled program.

Thanks to all three of you for giving us a heads up. This should make Sean’s life a little easier as host this evening.

Jumped in to practice quick already know not gonna go well so im bowing out as to not destroy your guys run.

I was the cause of that stupid ending of the race yesterday. I thought I had enough fuel to finish the race but I was wrong (I forgot you need to finish the lap when the 90 mins end). I ran out of fuel and was basically coasting towards the finish line which caught everyone else off guard.
So my apologies for that. I have learned from this and it won't happen again.

I was the cause of that stupid ending of the race yesterday. I thought I had enough fuel to finish the race but I was wrong (I forgot you need to finish the lap when the 90 mins end). I ran out of fuel and was basically coasting towards the finish line which caught everyone else off guard.
So my apologies for that. I have learned from this and it won't happen again.
Lol no biggie. Car should have went 45 mph though. Haha. Luckily Sean forgot to set the ghosting off.

Jesus, so are RS essentially like the old F1 qualifying tires? An out lap, a hot lap, and you're done? :lol: 👍 Should be interesting.

About 2 weeks before Brad had announced his interest into the endurance scene, I too was working on something for an endurance league myself. For the most part we had the same ideas so I just sat back and let him get this thing going. The only 2 things I came up with differently were allowing the group cars to have bop on but with some regulations and the Length of the race. For instance:

Gr.3 and gr.4 the allowance for a group was 25-50hp range up or down and the weight could have a range as well that would have been determined later once I had all the details in working order. So there are many gr.3 cars out there and many within range of others but we all know the whole field was separated significantly. Something we could look into the future is this, maybe even allow the combo choice to be 3 cars of our choice.

Or we could open up another enduro league with multiple cars on the same track as this league and run on Monday nights with the same track as the Tuesday night league and use the Monday night as the test session. My goal with this league is to grow it substantially so helping @BradESPN Grow this league is a primary goal of mine.

The same would have gone for the gr.1 and 2 as well but at the time the gr.2 was so new it wouldn’t have mattered. By doing this I believe it would have added some more strategy to the mix and such.

As far as the n classes it would have been the selected car and the selected car only. This was just my 2 cents. As far as the time, I was thinking 2 hour endurance, but with the way things have been going with all the races we have had, 1.5 hours is the perfect distance.

SNAIL - Endurance Series

The SNAIL Endurance Series is a weekly event to showcase your skills in managing fuel, tire wear, and fatigue.

Lobby Settings

Race Length: 90 Minutes
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Tire Wear: 3x for Racing, 6x for Sports
Tires Allowed:
Gr. 1/2/3/4 - RH, RM, or RS
N* - SH, SM, SS
Gr. X - TBD​
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Fuel Map Adjustments: Allowed
Flag Rules: On
(Everything else is the same as normal/Sunday night racing)

Tuesday Night Schedule

8:30 (EST) - Room Opens
9:00 - 10:30 - Race

The starting order will be determined as follows:

Front of Field - Reverse grid from current season standings (bottom half)
Middle of Field - Newcomers (sorted in order of arrival in the lobby)
Back of Field - Reverse grid from current season standings (top half)

Car/Track Selection

The car/track combo for each week will be chosen by the driver with the most points for the current season. Any drivers that have already made a combo selection in the current season are ineligible.

6/26 Combo (chosen by @SAMHAIN85):

Car: Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 (Gr. 3)
Tires: RH, RM, or RS​
Track: Autodromo de Interlagos @ 9:30 Sunny
Tire/Fuel: 9x Tire / 5x Fuel

6/19 Combo (chosen by @Neutty)
Car: Nissan R92CP 92’
Tires: RH, RM, or RS
HP: 938
Weight: 1984 lbs​
Track: Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop @ 18:00 Clear
Tire/Fuel: 4x Tire / 3x Fuel

6/12 Combo (chosen by @spidermonkey)
Car: R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15
Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP @ 6:10 Clear
Tire/Fuel: 3x Tire / 3x Fuel

6/5 Combo (chosen by @keepitsteady / speedcenter)
Car: Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15 (N700)
Tires: SH, SM, or SS
HP: 707
Weight: 4365 lbs​
Track: Circuit de la Sarth - 15:00 Clear
Tire/Fuel: 4x Tire / 2x Fuel

5/29 Combo (chosen by @MSgtGunny)
Car: Chevrolet Corvette C7 GR.4
Track: Brands Hatch GP - 20:00 Clear
Tire/Fuel: 5x Tire / 4x Fuel

5/22 Combo (chosen by @Sean Renon)
Car: FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3 2013 (Gr.3)
Tires: RH, RM, or RS
HP: 542
Weight: 2,679 lbs​
Track: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Noon

5/15 Combo: TBD (chosen by @spidermonkey)
Car: TOYOTA S-FR RACING CONCEPT 2016
Tires: SH, SM, or SS​
Track: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - Dawn

5/8 Combo (chosen by @MikeGrove):
Car: ALFA ROMEO 4C GR.3
Track: Alsace - Village - 17:15 Fine Weather

5/1 Combo (chosen by @SAMHAIN85):
Car: DODGE VIPER GR.4
Track: Nurburgring 24H - 08:00 Clear

4/24 Combo (chosen by SNAIL):
Car: HONDA RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT GT 2016 (GT500)
Track: Suzuka Circuit - 18:45 Clear
Current Drivers List

The drivers list is separated into three groups - Official Drivers, Provisional Drivers, and Interested Drivers

Official Drivers - Eligible for season championship, and guaranteed a spot in each week's race
To become an official driver, you must commit to racing 6 of the 8 races in the upcoming season (note that this can only be done in between seasons - the next chance to become an official driver is: Following the conclusion of the May-July Season (last race is on 7/10) until 7/17 at Noon (EST)
If an official driver misses more than 2 races in a given season, they will be demoted to "Interested Driver"
Provisional Drivers - Ineligible for season championship, but guaranteed a spot in each week's race
To become a provisional driver, simply reply to this thread at any time during the season.

If a provisional driver misses more than 2 races in a given season, they will be demoted to "Interested Driver"
Interested Drivers - Ineligible for season championship, and spots in each week's race will be given on a first come, first serve basis
To become an interested driver, simply reply to this thread at any time. Interested drivers should be those that would like to occasionally participate (i.e. less than 75% of races).

If an interested driver consistently violates the SNAIL OLR, he/she will be ineligible to compete until the following season.​

Official Drivers For May-July 2018 Season:
@Sean Renon / MalevolentFather
@Neutty
@TEX36 / TEX-36
@Mully465
@spidermonkey / x_SIK_PUPPY_x
@SAMHAIN85
@stelephant
@vsfit

Provisional Drivers For May-July 2018 Season:
(Starting Week 2) @keepitsteady / speedcenter
(Starting Week 3) @FREEREVN
(Starting Week 5) @DublDee
(Starting Week 5) @thracerviewr / TheRaceReviewer
(Starting Week 5) @Hanable / hanablemoore

Interested Drivers Guaranteed a Spot in Race on June 26th:
<Currently None>

Interested Drivers For May-July 2018 Season:
@GTPvw_slc / SLC_VR6_V-DUB
@DesertPenguin / DesertPenguin09
@MSgtGunny
@TomMang_68 / OMG_mang
@Raw10_2u
@TVV0_
@BradESPN
@Whitey093
@Tecticles / Tec1347
@Adramike / Ghost_of_Fury41
@Clean Racer / GentlemanRacing
@ChauncyMarsh
@Lessen
@TexasJDC
@Marcus Garvey
@aLmk / aLmk_69
@ChauncyMarsh / Se4n2s0si
@MikeGrove

Current Season Standings
Interested but looking at my schedule I’m going to be working at this time for the next six weeks :boggled:

Interested but looking at my schedule I’m going to be working at this time for the next six weeks :boggled:

Well that's a shame... if something changes in the next six weeks, just post here and we'll make room for you - otherwise, we'll look forward to racing with you when your schedule opens up.

Also, what's your PSN name again? ERAUfan97?

Well that's a shame... if something changes in the next six weeks, just post here and we'll make room for you - otherwise, we'll look forward to racing with you when your schedule opens up.

Also, what's your PSN name again? ERAUfan97?
That’s me.

Back