SNAIL Index Racing - One Night Only

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 143 comments
It would appear that guys are dropping like flies for one reason or another. I have crap hitting the fan at work and may or may not be home in time for this tonight.

So, we are presented with a couple of options.
  1. We can postpone if that will get some of the drivers that have pulled out of tonight back in.
  2. We can go ahead with tonight as planned. To do this, I will need to have a back-up host in place. I'm looking at you @SAMHAIN85 .

I’m sure you guys will make a good decision. I have been pumped for this event. Will it be a go with seven? Last minute entries are not good if the racer hasn’t prepared with cars matched to lap index times. C’mon @Neutty gitty up. Plug the new stuff in and rip! Ha!

Last edited:
I'll run it with 7 especially adding myself to make 8 and Sean Renon to make 9. My issue may lie with work. If I'm still at work then we need someone else to run it.

7 have committed since I asked for confirmations yesterday. That does not count me or you. We also have four that are out and 1 maybe.

I haven't committed, and like Rob said below - I haven't prepared anything to match these indexes - I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard, but if people need me to race tonight I can participate.
I might need some help with cars though...

I’m sure you guys will make a good decision. I have been pumped for this event. Will it be a go with seven? Last minute entries are not good if the racer hasn’t prepared with cars matched to lap index times. C’mon @Nuetty, gitty up. Plug the new stuff in and rip! Ha!

If @SAMHAIN85 , or anyone else, is willing and able to host in the event of my absence, the show will go on with the number we have confirmed.

@Sean Renon I posted on the last page a general idea of what I was running for cars. To summarize, Tsukuba is n100 or n200. Interlagos was the Vette that comes from the mileage exchange tuned down so n400 or n500. Nurb looks like Gr. 3 or something similar. Of course all of these take a little tuning of power and weight to get right on the index.

I say we still run it even if a few people have to bow out. I can host and will grab replays @JLBowler if you can't make it. We can run it back again next week

We are a go for tonight. I will let it be known as soon as I know if I'm going to make it or not. If I'm not there you can use whatever method you want to randomize the start in the first race.

As of this minute, I'm probably 50-50 to be there.

I'd like to join in. Just one question though, are we allowed to adjust power and weight on the car or is it full spec?

@SAMHAIN85
Would be interesting to qualify just like we do on Sunday night (1st race only then reverse grid rest of night). Of course everyone would be required to stay on track after the qualifying to make sure that they don’t go and change any tuning (run what you brung). Break-outs get back of pack dishonors. Ought to make for some extremely tight gaps between pole and 10th!

Just to give an update. It's looking like about 80-20 that I won't get out of work in time to race tonight. We had an issue early this morning and production is just starting to come back up. It's all hands on deck until we're back running. At least I work at a desk doing support tasks for the most part.

Pending Bowlers absence tonight, I'll have the lobby open at 9PM EST with 10mins of prac at each combo like we do with the Invitational. @Rob Brown we'll do a 1 lap qually for R1 at 9:30 and if anyone goes under the Index time I will manually set grid to put them in the back. The rest of the night will be reverse grid.

I'd like to partake. Soccer tournament got cancelled, I've got nothing else to do..
I've read the rules but this late notice can someone recommended a couple cars?
I've got a couple hours to figure it out

Sorry guys but I'm just leaving work as they don't want to pay me triple time.

Thanks @SAMHAIN85 for taking the reigns. If you could save the replays and let me know how they're tagged, I'll take a look and do the scoring over the weekend.

A driver who is slowing to stay above the index time must remain at speed until they can move completely out of the racing line.
Once they have moved out of the racing line, they may slow down.
Once a driver has slowed down, they may not reenter the racing line and fight for position until they have returned to full race speed.
(It is suggested that drivers not put themselves in a position to have to do this. This can be easily accomplished by not selecting a car that can easily beat the index time.)

Replays are up.

Tags:
snail
snailracing
snailracingorg

Title:
SNAIL Index Race "X"

Fun stuff guys. Hope to do this again next Friday

Wow, this index racing is difficult to get right. Broke out 2 of 3 events. The one I got right was absolutely an epic battle (race 2, Interlagos). Wouldn’t have worked without great clean guys to race against @Grandpa Money @Whitey093 @basswerks1 to name a few. I slowly worked up from a distant 4th and then battled many laps working briefly to first place. Change of position over and over and over. Index racing narrows even the tiniest of gaps between skill levels to make for epic competition!

Latest Posts

Back