SNAIL Oval Racing

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 192 comments
It's a club room set to public so it should be visible. There are only two of us in there right now. If I don't see a few more drivers in the next couple of minutes, it's going to have to be postponed to another week.

Take two on this. I'll post in the main SNAIL thread as well.

This Saturday night, Feb. 13, 2016.

Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway 100

100 laps in three segments. 40 / 40 / 20.

Pits will be closed on laps 36-41 and 76-81

There will be caution flags at lap 40 and 80. The caution procedure will be for the leader to finish lap 40 and 80 and come to stop on the back straight. The rest of the field will line up behind the leader in the order that they crossed the line. Once all drivers are lined up, any drivers that are one lap down or more will be allowed to drive around the track and make up one lap. The restart will be double file rolling start from 50 MPH when the leader crosses the start / finish line. The leader may choose the inside or outside line. All other drivers will line up with odd positions on the inside and even positions on the outside.

We are going to run the IROC Z Concept on sport soft tires with wear set to fast this week. Draft will be set to weak and all other settings will be as they were the last time we raced.

Last edited:
I can try to do some tire testing tomorrow afternoon if that helps.

I'm sure it would help someone by letting them know how far they should expect to go on tires and fuel. I would be included in that group as I don't even know for sure what I can get.

I forgot to remove a sentence in my post. We will be using sport soft tires on fast wear. I don't know how many laps to expect but it should make pit strategy a factor.

What other settings are you using? Grip Reduction is real? Why is Slipstream set to weak?

I kept getting disconnected from my own lobby. After 30 minutes of trying I gave up for a lunch break.

Last edited:
I am not going to be able to make it tonight. I have to try and get the steward summary taken care of and get a couple of new drivers placed for Sunday night.

I haven't seen a lot of interest in this but if enough want to race tonight go ahead and have some fun.

Back