SNAIL Oval Racing

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 192 comments
Club invites have gone out. If you have raced or expressed an interest in racing, let me know if you didn't get an invite and I will get one out the next time I log on.

I will be going back through the thread and compiling a drivers list to put in the first couple of posts along with a race history in the first couple of posts. No results or anything like that, just a list of what we have done.

Club invites have gone out. If you have raced or expressed an interest in racing, let me know if you didn't get an invite and I will get one out the next time I log on.

I will be going back through the thread and compiling a drivers list to put in the first couple of posts along with a race history in the first couple of posts. No results or anything like that, just a list of what we have done.
I would like to get in..

..hoping that there is still a grid place available I'd like to get in :cheers:

Sorry for my inactivity. This week is crazy for a basketball official as there are multiple tournaments going on along with the start up of one league that I work a lot of games for.

I did get some more friend requests sent out. I haven't checked to see if they have been accepted yet. I will get to that tonight and send some invites to the club.

For this week, let's simplify it a little bit. We will go with one track, so we don't have to rebuild the room and have 5 guys join before I am even loaded in, every time we want to change the track.

Instead of voting, everyone pick a track that you want to run that I have (if you want to run something I don't have, let me know so I can get it from you). The first track I see picked by two different people will be where we go.

Once we have a track, we can deal with cars.

Two more invites went out tonight.

Let's hear some track suggestions guys.

@SlvrOnyx still waiting for you to accept a friend request so I can send an invite to the club.

I vote for Bristol too ,I know I loaded all your tracks and swore I was going to look last night ,but got carried away with the new combos and like always was up way to late and getting nothing I set to done .I do enjoy the mini at red bull short ,ha ha
So long story short I do not remember seeing Bristol but knowing the real track is why I vote there .And I love that last time we used old american muscle ........or did I miss something last week?

The first track I see twice is Talladega so that's what we will use. Bristol can't be recreated due to the fact that you can't get a track shorter than .98 miles.

Being that we will be running at Talladega, that kind of excludes most of the American Muscle cars in the game. We can run newer muscle in the Late Models and we might even be able to run some import four bangers around it without topping out.

Throw out some tested suggestions and we will pick some cars. Don't worry about what class they would fall into, just try and suggest something that you might actually see on an oval somewhere.

Hey Tom do you mind if we run your pick at Talledega , that was fun and it fits the criteria .We had enough people to run the pack Me you user ,kg jam car and hellbringer .So it has been tested but I do not think I have seen it ran at a oval anywhere ,ha ha or was that users room I dont remember ? @TomMang_68 can you help me remember ........

From the game, go into "community". Select "friends" from the left side of the screen. Find the friend you want to get a track from, in this case, me. Go to "shared track" along the top of the screen. That will bring up a list, you select the track(s) you want and they transfer to you.

I was curious and found out the Shelby Cobra Chrome Line is usable. It's slightly lighter and slightly more powerful, but the thing to note is that it goes from a 4-speed to a 5-speed. Top speed is increased and it's more driveable. And hey, it's under 1M!! I'd love it on a Sunday night. I love vintage racing.

Not sure if there is a price cap here ...anyways perhaps a suggestion could be the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13

Not sure if you mean the RedDevil @pubason

Yes ,Actualy Mark posted the pic again and User got back with me .We were at daytona and we were running Alfa Remero Mito and it was fun .

Tonight's schedule.

Talladega for the entire night. Three races.

1. Alfa Romeo MiTo Sport 1.4 '09 / Comfort Soft / 20 laps
2. Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13 / Comfort Soft / 20 laps
3. GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13 / Sport Soft / 25 laps

Every one of these elements was suggested here in the thread. If you're not a fan of what we're doing, speak up and post some ideas.

Good night of racing with 8 drivers in attendance.

As I said in the room after the races, we will be moving away from the user created tracks and going to a four race, two track, two car format going forward.

Tracks will be Motegi Superspeedway, Daytona, Indy SS, Motegi West, and High Speed Ring thrown in once in a while.

The lag that is present on the user created tracks is just too much to put up with.

Damn it man, missed it. The wife had me watching some old school movie, Harold and Maude. Fell asleep watching that lame movie and now woke up way to early. Sorry I missed it, I'm sure it was fun. This oval racing is about the only thing I plan on doing anymore with GT6 and the PS3. So sad that I got two PS3's and don't use either one anymore.

Damn it man, missed it. The wife had me watching some old school movie, Harold and Maude. Fell asleep watching that lame movie and now woke up way to early. Sorry I missed it, I'm sure it was fun. This oval racing is about the only thing I plan on doing anymore with GT6 and the PS3. So sad that I got two PS3's and don't use either one anymore.
Sorry I missed last night as well, Mike was a bad boy this weekend. Feeling it big time today.
Onespace, if you are just looking for fun, check out Monday Pack racing. Pure fun and laughs gallore.

Back