SNAIL Oval Racing

• Thread starter JLBowler
  • 192 comments
So sorry about my racecraft on Saturday I could not hear a word of instructions and it was my own fault and I apologize .I have a very busy house and on Saturday night there is a lot going on ,not an excuse but just trying to explain and say I will do better and sorry for any problems that I have caused .Hope you all will excuse my bad behavior and allow me to race with you all again .:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::cheers::cheers:

So sorry about my racecraft on Saturday I could not hear a word of instructions and it was my own fault and I apologize .I have a very busy house and on Saturday night there is a lot going on ,not an excuse but just trying to explain and say I will do better and sorry for any problems that I have caused .Hope you all will excuse my bad behavior and allow me to race with you all again .:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::cheers::cheers:

I didn't even notice. We'll see you next week.

That feeling when you've been naughty, so you apologize, but no one noticed in the first place :)

That feeling when you've been naughty, so you apologize, but no one noticed in the first place :)
...the goal was not to win but to have fun and this is what we did at the end of the grid, I loved to race with pub' and we enjoyed the night even waiting for each other and hang on again lol, great stuff lol, even Eng' pushed me on the straight to get closer to the guy in front of me ahhhh, had so much fun and if the time allows I'll be in again .... as I posted previously, so thankful to our boss for organising this and also hosting, was a great night...:cheers:
...but at one certain point we were waiting for DP who never showed up,...and would have left some laps later, hmmmm :grumpy:, cheers JC

My plans have changed for the night. Is there oval racing tonight? I hope.

As some of you may be aware. I just started a new job this week. It was very short notice to start and they were kind enough to work around the refereeing assignments I already has for this week. This means that I have been working from 6 to 2:30 and then rushing off to a school somewhere to ref anywhere between 2 and 4 basketball games each night. I have had just enough time to eat some dinner, take care of the bare minimum chores that need to be done (including SNAIL) and go to bed.

I have nothing prepared for oval racing tonight. I will most likely spend the night finishing up the steward summary for Sunday night's so that I can update the driver's list in the morning.

If any of you want to throw something together for tonight, be my guest. I will have something scheduled for next week.

OK guys. I'm sorry for falling behind on this. I started a new job at the beginning of December and between that and the holidays and trying to keep up with my duties in SNAIL, I haven't been able to put anything together. The downsides of using custom tracks disappointed me as well.

Saturday Jan. 16 there will be some oval racing going on. I'm looking at one car for the night on four tracks. Motegi, Daytona, Indy, and High Speed Ring.

I'm open to suggestion on the car and I also want to switch it up to "weak" draft. I've never been a fan of "real" draft as I just don't feel like it provides enough draft effect.

I'm thinking we turn tire wear off and just have some fun racing. If anyone has any car suggestions, make them and we will go from there. Just remember that the car needs to be able to run all the tracks without topping out.

Grab the lexus ISF and show up tonight at 10 ET if you want to race. All four tracks, SS tires, wear off. Draft on weak. I will try and get back from taking my wife's aunt to the airport and I'll try not to kill her on the way there.

Flight is delayed. I'm sitting in the airport waiting for a plane to show up that I'm not even getting on. I will not be back home in time to race. If someone else wants to open up the room, be my guest.

Damn it, oh well. Only reason I turned the PS3 on, lol. Watch out for those people with exploding sandals.

hmm, just wondering who's the owner of this marvelous project ;-) Sir JLB, is there a scheduled stuff, ahh, had so much fun and am looking forward for the next challenge :cheers:

Dr Green and I opened a room last Saturday and no one showed UP! The Lexus was a blast! Hope you drivers can make it tomorrow night! Cheers!!!

I will race tonight. I don't have to take anybody to the airport today. Let's dig up one from the past and run the Charger SRT8 at all four tracks. Same basic settings I listed for the ISF. Sport soft tires.

Good night of racing with 8 drivers in attendance.

As I said in the room after the races, we will be moving away from the user created tracks and going to a four race, two track, two car format going forward.

Tracks will be Motegi Superspeedway, Daytona, Indy SS, Motegi West, and High Speed Ring thrown in once in a while.

The lag that is present on the user created tracks is just too much to put up with.
Are these the four tracks you mean? Minus High Speed Ring? I might show up again

Great racing tonight. Thank you to the guys that made it out.

I will work to be more on top of this and get it growing to more drivers.

Next weeks car will be chosen early this week. I said in the room and I'll say again. I'm open to suggestions. My only requirement is that the car doesn't top out on any of the tracks. Future possibilities include the BMW M5 and as suggested by DrGreen, the Mercedes C55. If there is something you want to race, post it here.

Fantastic night on the track with an awesome group of drivers!:cheers:
Great comeback from a half a lap down by Bowler to take the win at Motegi! Awesome run JLB!
Thanks to all that showed up for another fun night on the track!

Fantastic night on the track with an awesome group of drivers!:cheers:
Great comeback from a half a lap down by Bowler to take the win at Motegi! Awesome run JLB!
Thanks to all that showed up for another fun night on the track!

I was more proud of running down you and Tcrash at Indy from 9 seconds back.

I've got nothing planned for this week. I forgot that it was P&R week in SNAIL. If anyone else has something they want to do, post it up and I'll show up to race it if I have time.

Next week, SNAIL is off for the Super Bowl so I would like to run out a longer race. I'm thinking something like the NASCAR all star race with segments and at least one green flag pit stop mandatory somewhere along the line. More details to come on this. I have many ideas in my head. It's just a matter of getting them out there and getting them done.

How many of you have PCars and a PS4? The ovals have to be coming sometime soon. I'm hoping there is some sort of tie in to the Indy 500 with a release of Oval tracks over there. I wouldn't drop the GT part of this but I would like to add PCars once it's feasible.

This Saturday night, Feb. 6, 2016.

Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway 100

100 laps in three segments. 40 / 40 / 20.

Pits will be closed on laps 36-41 and 76-81

There will be caution flags at lap 40 and 80. The caution procedure will be for the leader to finish lap 40 and 80 and come to stop on the back straight. The rest of the field will line up behind the leader in the order that they crossed the line. Once all drivers are lined up, any drivers that are one lap down or more will be allowed to drive around the track and make up one lap. The restart will be double file rolling start from 50 MPH when the leader crosses the start / finish line. The leader may choose the inside or outside line. All other drivers will line up with odd positions on the inside and even positions on the outside.

Tire wear and fuel consumption along with the car and tires will be announced soon. I'm hoping to get some tire testing done Friday evening.

We are going to run the IROC Z Concept on sport soft tires with wear set to fast for tonight. I didn't get to do any tire testing last night so this is a bit of a fall back option that I had tested in the past as far as tire and wear settings go so I don't recall how many laps you can get out of it. Draft will be set to weak and all other settings will be as they were the last time we raced.

Room is open. Hopefully we get some stability tonight.

I will not be on my mic until closer to race time so don't take it personally if you talk to me and i don't answer. I'm just not there.

Back