SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 724 comments
I would consider but basketball season with my HS junior would interfere. Thanks for thinking of me.
I mean, I must be hard to forget since I am the inaugural season winner.
1702522255049.png

Driver Contact

With the majority of drivers having their TT data in and having been classed, I have posted a chart showing the approx HP next to each driver's PP regulation. Those with (RM) next to the values are regulated to run on Race Medium tire compound.
Be reminded, all leveling was achieved from the data submitted and double checked. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to do this...I expect it should kick the season off with all of us much closer in pace than relying solely on success penalties.
Screenshot_20231214_125649_Sheets.jpg

While parity will be much better, it still will not be perfect...especially given the fact we are running a speedway for our opener when our TT track is more representative of a technical circuit. I'd ask everyone to be reasonable in their expectations for the opening race at Daytona. Race for the battles, race clean, and land where you land. While reports of fast laps coming in are close overall, there are pockets of pace groups, and there will be outliers due to draft, maybe drivers that have extra hp on top of extra grip from their TT on a technical circuit, or the other way, with drivers hit heavy by handicapp due to their potential on a circuit. Remember, this is a speedway with less corners and less braking zones...basically less opportunitues for those handicapped to overcome the hp deficits and more opportunities for those with concessions. But, that shifts the other direction when we get onto the circuits where each corner or brake zone can mean tenths of difference between driver skill levels. And consistency/mistakes. Keep your expectations in check for the opener...especially for the handicapped drivers. I do expect the success penalties after the event to smooth any differences in parity out even more. This should be a great season in the Porsches.
TEAMS
Coming down to the wire for team entries....where's everybody at?? We have 3 organized four driver teams at the moment set for the opener. Don't miss the opportunity in team points for the opener. Get your team together, get team decals on your cars, and submit updated car profile pics before this evening 5pm est to be eligible for team chamionship point for Event #1. For those that cannot get it together in time, there is one drop score for the season. If interested in making a team championship entry, be sure to have everything together before Event #2 at the latest....after that, it would be highly unlikely to recover enough to compete with 2 zero scoring events. Minimum 2 drivers, up to 4 drivers for a team to be eligible. If more than a 2 driver team, top 2 scoring drivers for the team count toward the team score for the event. PS4 Reserve drivers are not eligible for team participation.
Lets get a few more teams in the teams chamionship.
1702558485541.png

NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Arethosetacos / @arethosetacos (#44)
18. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
19. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
20. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
21. Datdad14 / @datdad14 (#666)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster
(no priority order)
1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
Drivers Raceday Briefing will be out tomorrow. Looking at a strong grid which should make for a busy track and some intense racing. Buckle up!

Last edited:
I'm going to run alot more practices before I commit obviously I'm having issues with this car and breaking lol
It's not easy. I was having a lot of trouble initially. I found the key is to delay the downshifts and not have the RPMs cause the rear end to kick out.

Personally, I still feel like I have my car under sprung for the tires, but yesterday it felt much much better than what it felt like when we started doing the practice lobbies and I kept crashing into everyone lol. It will be close. I might be a sitting duck on the oval but I just hope you all bin it in one of the horseshoes and I can get away :P

It's not easy. I was having a lot of trouble initially. I found the key is to delay the downshifts and not have the RPMs cause the rear end to kick out.

Personally, I still feel like I have my car under sprung for the tires, but yesterday it felt much much better than what it felt like when we started doing the practice lobbies and I kept crashing into everyone lol. It will be close. I might be a sitting duck on the oval but I just hope you all bin it in one of the horseshoes and I can get away :P
The way I see it, I brake in a dead straight line in order to keep the car in check. If the nose isn’t pointed dead straight, prepare to catch the rear end quick, especially on the first corner.

I’ve been missing punting @Phlano099…count me in!

PSN ID: Yugofan
GTPlanet ID: Yugofan
Car Number: Whatever ya got
PS5 Platform: no
Welcome back sir. :cheers: See the 1st post and continue with the car build and time trial. Let me know if you need a livery. We are set for a full grid tomorrow night, and currently do not have any PS5 reserves confirmed and do not expect to have one before 5pm today. In the event there is a last minute drop from the grid, the open position(s) will go to the PS4 Reserve driver pool. No one from the PS4 roster has confirmed available yet. All time trialing and an approved livery must be in by tonight 8pm est (I extended the deadline to my bedtime). I must have at least the first TT attempt at the base 726.00 by this time deadline. I will review and return any pp change before 8:30pm est. If there was a change to the driver regulation, please run another time trial to verify the change and resubmit the results for final adjustment that I can make in the morning. Also, please make your livery shared. That way, I can make the necessary class color detail edits for the driver profile page and spotters guide. You will need to make these edits as well before your first competition. There's still time if any of youPS4 drivers are available and anyone drops off tomorrow. At present, only @fruitloop31 is classed and ready, but he has yet to confirm if he is available if needed.

Tagging all PS4 Reserve Drivers to see the above notes.
@fruitloop31
@Xradkins
@FREEREVN
@Yugofan

Glad to have all you guys.

I think your being modest lol you were blazing in the infield… same for @llNovall

I think your being modest lol you were blazing in the infield… same for @llNovall
With my straight line/Power deficit, I had no choice but to tune the car for the infield. It might be theme this season to get the most out of technical and hope I'm not caught. The flipside is my laps will have to be near perfect. Even under slipstream I make minimal gains on others.

Last edited:
With my straight line/Power deficit, I had no choice but to tune the car for the infield. It might be theme this season to get the most out of technical and hope I'm not caught. The flipside is my laps will have to be near perfect. Even under slipstream I make minimal gains on others.
I know what your saying but even with my horsepower gain which helps me big time.. you Nov and Sand were insane in the mid field it’s going to be real spiky! 🌶️

Have you ever played sports? I can actually feel the butterflies in my stomach as we speak… for this feels like a real life sporting event!

1) director question re bus stop oob
2) related, my approach to others passing. A little different than the Michelin series.

1) In picture below, under @llNovall rules I am very in bounds as I exit the bus stop chicane. I have noticed that oob exits can gain up to 0.5sec on that back oval straight. How many oob excursions before a post race review might result in penalty? My memory is that F1 drivers get three bites before the black and white flag. Or is there a threshold?

1702620770296.jpeg

2) This is not a complaint. But the straightline advantage at this track seems similar to DRS for some cars. Ok, no problem this track. Race 1 I will qualify as best as possible and, like @Roman_GT23 , will wait for the binners and spinners.

Race 2, however, I will be defending like Perez against Hamilton Abu Dhabi 2021. Also, going back to (1), I am required to provide racing room for drivers passing me. That means I can also defend like Verstappen: I can leave room for two wheels of the passing car to be in contact with the legal track surface.

Spicy indeed. Gonna be fun!

• U

1) director question re bus stop oob
2) related, my approach to others passing. A little different than the Michelin series.

1) In picture below, under @llNovall rules I am very in bounds as I exit the bus stop chicane. I have noticed that oob exits can gain up to 0.5sec on that back oval straight. How many oob excursions before a post race review might result in penalty? My memory is that F1 drivers get three bites before the black and white flag. Or is there a threshold?

View attachment 1311883

2) This is not a complaint. But the straightline advantage at this track seems similar to DRS for some cars. Ok, no problem this track. Race 1 I will qualify as best as possible and, like @Roman_GT23 , will wait for the binners and spinners.

Race 2, however, I will be defending like Perez against Hamilton Abu Dhabi 2021. Also, going back to (1), I am required to provide racing room for drivers passing me. That means I can also defend like Verstappen: I can leave room for two wheels of the passing car to be in contact with the legal track surface.

Spicy indeed. Gonna be fun!
Regarding #1:
As we do run a more IMSA like approach to OOB, OOB is OOB. As shown in your picture example, you are legally inbounds for our series. As long as 2 tires stay in contact with the curbed section, it is legal....meaning 2 wheels can go out onto the grass. Now, I too have seen drivers straighten this corner out to the degree that they are completely on the grass surface, but rarely have I noticed a drastic closing or opening as a result....typically it seems to wind the engine up and unsettle the car to the point there is a not much of an immediate advantage gained. Over the entire oval section, the drivers with more pp allowance will be able to use that section to close any gaps achieved, through either the higher hp advantage, or through more grip allowing for a much higher carried and exit speed thru the bus stop....this is more a condition of being at Daytona with varying HP/grip specs. Its more likely the handicap than it is the illegal exit that covers the gained ground.

Now, OOB is OOB....but we are peer to peer governed. It is up to each driver to judge if an advantage is gained enough to warrant an incident report and is encouraged to be filed if believed to be so. If an IR is filed, the driver is OOB, and an advantage is gained immediately after the exit, it would likely result in a penalty or penalties (if multiple occurrences). I would say if your being chased and you know you went thru clean, but the chasing driver closed the gap by 3-5 tenths immediately after the exit, I would have a look. If found to be oob and filed, that would probably result in a penalty. However, lets say you had a clean run thru and the driver behind closed quickly, and you filed....but he was legal..no penalty. It is encouraged for all drivers to keep it in bounds, but there will be those that do try to stretch it. I personally will let a driver get away with it if I only notice a random occurrence or two in the same spot over the course of the race. But, if I notice it 2-3 back to back laps, I won't hesitate to file for review. It's a driver to driver judgement call on the threshold of how much a driver can get away with it. OR...when I get into a battle and I'm chasing a driver, any advantage or exploit he finds, I am naturally inclined to take it away...point is, some drivers would rather just stretch it as well to take the immediate advantage away. The "can't beat em, join em" approach sometimes results, especially if it only affects those drivers. In this instance, if either driver filed and the OOB had no affect on any other drivers and was just hard cat and mouse battling, both would probably wash. As in all my series, there is no post race review that is actively looking for oob instances...it must be filed to be reviewed. Everyone should use their judgement to make the call.

Regarding #2
This subject is more a condition of being at Daytona when our TT was targeted more toward a circuit. While handicapped drivers will be disadvantaged at this track, the rest of the schedule will swing back to the consistency of the handicapped drivers. You can defend, and defend aggressively by placing the car to make it hard for the chasing driver...but it must be legal. Only 1 change of racing line down the straights, and no changing lines in the braking zones. If a driver achieves overlap before your turn in, he is entitled to his line and shouldn't be turned down on or out. However, if overlap is not achieved before the turn in point (the last initiation and commitment to the turn is the turn in point), the lead driver maintains corners rights and can take any line he wants thru the corner. Now to answer your question on the exit: The inside driver must leave an entire car width of room on the track surface. This means that given the curbing is track surface, room must be given to allow the outside driver to keep all 4 wheels on the track. He must be allowed that room. Now, its up to him if he stretches is it out wider and take 2 wheels off, but he must be afforded the room to keep a full car's width on the legal track surface.

Hope that answered everything. Good luck, and see you tonight.

Back