SNAIL - Super Formula Series

• Thread starter THRASH
  • 291 comments
I’m gonna sit tonight out fellas, it’s been a long work week already and it’s only Wednesday :lol:

I’d hate if a mental/stupid mistake on my part ruined someone else’s race because I tried to race tired.

Good Luck tonight fellas!! :cheers:

A53A99B0-9461-4E1E-A2C3-3CBD666A926B.jpeg

All replays are shared, tag: snail
I looked at replay and don’t see where I slowed you down any. Your lap times were on par with the others except when you ran wide off the track. When you did catch up to me I let you by with no problem. Again sorry if you felt like I screwed you up.

I looked at replay and don’t see where I slowed you down any. Your lap times were on par with the others except when you ran wide off the track. When you did catch up to me I let you by with no problem. Again sorry if you felt like I screwed you up.

I haven't watched it back yet but you had blue flags for multiple laps while I was catching you. I got close a few times and in your draft, which caused me to have to back off so I didn't run into you and a couple times it did make me run wide on the exit of the corner. You finally let me by with 1 lap to go. I was catching Nano when I was behind you and it totally ruined any chance to actually battle him. In the end, it didn't matter for the championship but you weren't fighting anyone. If I was in your position, I would have let the faster person by when I first got blue flags, not 3 laps later, or whatever it ended up being. If you were fighting someone for position, then it's understandable that you'd wait a bit longer to let the faster traffic lap you. But when you are by yourself, with no one around, you should let the faster traffic through sooner rather than later.

Fixed your picture @THRASH :

lube2.jpeg

I saw that too and it looked hilarious passing by it.

Tonight didnt go too well for me, I didnt really have a strategy for either race and decided to just wing it.

I dig the new track. I dont dig forgetting how shallow and close the pit entry is to the chicane -- oops :irked:

I knew if I went in reverse it would just invalidate my pit stop and I'd have to go around a full lap anyways. Oy vey

Well done on the Championship @FD3SSpiritR and thanks @THRASH for throwing this together and offering such generous prizes

Last edited:
Tom, I saw 10 people. But I think there is a pretty bad glitch with the pits. I saw 10 and then Sam pitted and I pitted. I could see Sam, and then thrash couldn’t. Then at the end I couldn’t see the front runners at all. My game showed me in the lead and Tex in second.

Tom, I saw 10 people. But I think there is a pretty bad glitch with the pits. I saw 10 and then Sam pitted and I pitted. I could see Sam, and then thrash couldn’t. Then at the end I couldn’t see the front runners at all. My game showed me in the lead and Tex in second.

Yeah I agree. I believe the pits were the source of the issues

As season 1 comes to a close I want to say thank you to everyone who came out and tried to wheel one of these Super Formula cars.

Race 11:
90C69E82-7B83-4345-9F45-357BF725B05C.jpeg

Race 12:
27BC8A6B-1325-4103-8238-9D3CF9C49071.jpeg

FINAL POINTS
A36FEAEE-1EB5-4617-84F4-DFC49AE85821.jpeg

For those who don’t know, the Goodwood Race was very glitched out since the track is so new. So if you didn’t use two different compounds you got away with one :cheers:

For next season there will be a couple changes that I hope make this series more interesting. Next Wednesday will be a TEST NIGHT for Season 2 and the new ideas and I hope anyone who’s willing for a good time comes out. We will still keep the 12 race best 9 format. This thread is getting an overhaul one of these nights to make it look a little cleaner and more appetizing. 22 Drivers in season 1 and I hope we can keep that going in Season 2.

Congrats to @FD3SSpiritR @Herimopp89 & @Bologna_Duc for the Top 3 points positions and $$$ payouts. I’ll message you within the next couple days to get you your bread.

Stay tuned for future updates!

@THRASH thank you again for putting this series together. I was at first skeptical about racing this car but have come to enjoy it. The tire/fuel settings made for some interesting strategy and kept me on my toes as I was trying to keep a gap to someone behind or close to someone ahead all while being mindful of tires and fuel. Great stuff! Sorry I missed the finale - would have been fun at Goodwood and terrifying in Tokyo.

Nice work!

@THRASH thank you again for putting this series together. I was at first skeptical about racing this car but have come to enjoy it. The tire/fuel settings made for some interesting strategy and kept me on my toes as I was trying to keep a gap to someone behind or close to someone ahead all while being mindful of tires and fuel. Great stuff! Sorry I missed the finale - would have been fun at Goodwood and terrifying in Tokyo.

Nice work!

acutally it was quite different...terrifying in goodwood and a blast in tokyo

Back