SNAIL Time Trial Events

• Thread starter SAMHAIN85
  • 341 comments
It's one of those combos that will really sharpen up your skill and reflexes. Try a few more laps.
I am learning that very quickly @Oshawa-Joe, which should benefit me overall, eh? Not giving up, just need to set aside time to run more than one or two laps, given the extended lap times!

I am learning that very quickly @Oshawa-Joe, which should benefit me overall, eh? Not giving up, just need to set aside time to run more than one or two laps, given the extended lap times!

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of 9 min laps. Make a mistake and you've just wasted 5+minutes. I did a 2 lap stint and then a 3 lapper after taking a break. Down to 9:24.

Last edited:
Knocked a little more off tonight, down to a 4.7 now, could have been a 3.XX if I hadn’t messed up at the 2:50ish mark and slightly clipped the wall. Oh well, this combo is so much fun I don’t even care! :)

Nice lap. I actually watched the whole thing, even with my AADD. I'll try again tomorrow and hope to get a 9.19. Not doing more than 9 laps tho. Just dont have the patience for this track.

Last edited:
Nicely done man!! You’ll have me beat by week’s end, I have no doubt. :cheers:

Not a chance. Da_killas-dre is at a 9:13.5xx. I can probably come close to that, maybe even a 12 if I get a little lucky and avoid mistakes. Won't get more than that.

10 seconds for this long a lap is nothing. In fact, it makes you proficient at minimum and expert at likely.
I haven’t been able to get to this so far this week but you can bet I’m chomping at my bit to try it.

Get a chance to do it yet? I was using BB -3 to help keep the rear in place. Braking with all the camber and elevation change is a bit tricky. Using 0 BB I found the rear kicking out too quickly for my liking. It still rotates really well, because no abs.

Okay, finally took the first opportunity to run 2 laps. Fun car, especially w/o ABS since one can get the back to step out and do some steering. 9:25 on first lap (1 spin, no penalty as stayed on track). 9:16.871 on second lap, no penalty.
I’m planning our SNAIL Labor Day event like Memorial Day which means Nordschleife!! Lower N class only! Maybe some putting in all the laps now will benefit. Hmmm, maybe this car will be one of the 10 . . .

Okay, finally took the first opportunity to run 2 laps. Fun car, especially w/o ABS since one can get the back to step out and do some steering. 9:25 on first lap (1 spin, no penalty as stayed on track). 9:16.871 on second lap, no penalty.
I’m planning our SNAIL Labor Day event like Memorial Day which means Nordschleife!! Lower N class only! Maybe some putting in all the laps now will benefit. Hmmm, maybe this car will be one of the 10 . . .

That's an amazing lap for only 2 laps.

Let me know if you want some help with testing.

Posting here as well

Interesting note in update 1.41
upload_2019-7-31_10-49-48.jpeg

Back